• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Wanted to be Caught, Says Company Waging War on the DNC Hackers

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russia Wanted to be Caught, Says Company Waging War on the DNC Hackers

Pointing a finger at Russia is easy. Punishing them is hard. That’s why they hacked the DNC, according to the company that first named one of the key suspects....

defense-large.jpg

You don't think that our government is hacking everything that they can? They might use what they find a bit differently but the "crime" is not based on how the booty is later used. ;)

I see blaming Trump as "shooting the messenger".

The bigger problem is we are apparently incapable or unwilling to take cyber espionage seriously. That is the public perception. But if our private efforts were are, they would not pull this "in your face crap".

This is interesting. I think that this primarily is more evidence of the gathering storm of the China/Russia cooperative, as China has long lead the way in cyber war, Russia is getting on the same page as China on this......from appearances. Besides, Russia has given up on the West after many years of bad treatment from us, there is no longer any reason to pretend otherwise.

I see blaming Trump as "shooting the messenger".

The bigger problem is we are apparently incapable or unwilling to take cyber espionage seriously. That is the public perception. But if our private efforts were are, they would not pull this "in your face crap".

We sure spend a lot of money on the NSA, but they are incompetent. Cyber espionage and secure banking should be their focus, but they cant seem to manage to figure this out.

Has it been definitely stated that Russia is responsible for the hack (s).

According to Wikileaks, Julian Paul Assange said that Russia was not involved.
I saw an interview with him on Anderson Cooper and he said they would be releasing more Clinton material!

We sure spend a lot of money on the NSA, but they are incompetent. Cyber espionage and secure banking should be their focus, but they cant seem to manage to figure this out.

NSA's mission is directed by congress!

Mission

NSA's eavesdropping mission includes radio broadcasting, both from various organizations and individuals, the Internet, telephone calls, and other intercepted forms of communication. Its secure communications mission includes military, diplomatic, and all other sensitive, confidential or secret government communications.

According to the Washington Post, "[e]very day, collection systems at the National Security Agency intercept and store 1.7 billion e-mails, phone calls and other types of communications. The NSA sorts a fraction of those into 70 separate databases."

Because of its listening task, NSA/CSS has been heavily involved in cryptanalytic research, continuing the work of predecessor agencies which had broken many World War II codes and ciphers (see, for instance, Purple, Venona project, and JN-25).

In 2004, NSA Central Security Service and the National Cyber Security Division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agreed to expand NSA Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education Program.

As part of the National Security Presidential Directive 54/Homeland Security Presidential Directive 23 (NSPD 54), signed on January 8, 2008 by President Bush, the NSA became the lead agency to monitor and protect all of the federal government's computer networks from cyber-terrorism.

A Putin apologizer. How sweet. Perhaps you think God is on his side like Pat Buchanan.

Pat Buchanan Is Pretty Sure God Is on Putin’s Side | Mediaite

Just a few of the hacks the US has done.
Merkel Phone Hacking Accusations Prompt German Investigation - Bloomberg
NSA whistleblower: U.S has been hacking into China, Hong Kong - CNET
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/30/nsa-leaks-us-bugging-european-allies
Edward Snowden: Leaks that exposed US spy programme - BBC News
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-23267440

I guess Russia isn't the only ones doing it. This is the real world. It is time for Clinton and her band of incompetents to wake the **** up like the rest of the world has. If I leave my keys in my car and it is stolen the insurance company won't pay for my car. There are really bad people out there that do bad things. Every world power does it. The Democratic party and Clinton are self mad victims with their inept bumbling.

Last edited:
So absurd. South Park might do this one. ;)

A Putin apologizer. How sweet. Perhaps you think God is on his side like Pat Buchanan.

Pat Buchanan Is Pretty Sure God Is on Putin’s Side | Mediaite

Apologist, is the word.

Putin is playing chess as Obama plays checkers. I suspect he is laughing at how desperate and petty the americans are that they must accuse him of something he has not done. He is definitely getting the last laugh on that issue. :mrgreen:

I admire the guy for his statesmanship. And for holding on to Crimea while he had the chance to. He has fought on the side of rule of law by supporting a legitimate ally.

Among world leaders he is one of the few with dignity and honor. More than you can say for our leaders. And he's not perfect, but he's a good leader. I didn't like when he put ***** Riot in jail, not at all. But it is Russia, and they were not in for long.

Compared to our obscene sentences. Compared to Manning or John Walker Lindh.

Last edited:
Apologist, is the word.

Putin is playing chess as Obama plays checkers. I suspect he is laughing at how desperate and petty the americans are that they must accuse him of something he has not done. He is definitely getting the last laugh on that issue. :mrgreen:

I admire the guy for his statesmanship. And for holding on to Crimea while he had the chance to. He has fought on the side of rule of law by supporting a legitimate ally.

Among world leaders he is one of the few with dignity and honor. More than you can say for our leaders. And he's not perfect, but he's a good leader. I didn't like when he put ***** Riot in jail, not at all. But it is Russia, and they were not in for long.

Compared to our obscene sentences. Compared to Manning or John Walker Lindh.

So you agree with Pat? He has God on his side because he persecutes gays and banned abortions? God help us if your views ever infest more than a small bunch of authoritarian nut cases. And you call yourself a "Libertarian"? Now that is a laugh.

So you agree with Pat? He has God on his side because he persecutes gays and banned abortions? God help us if your views ever infest more than a small bunch of authoritarian nut cases. And you call yourself a "Libertarian"? Now that is a laugh.

I was not commenting on Pat or any views he might hold, or your fallible perception of his views. I was commenting on V. Putin and how he is vilified in the western media, and how it seems he is the only world leader with a backbone and conscience. It appears his actions are honorable, even as Obama's actions are very much the opposite.

I was not commenting on Pat or any views he might hold, or your fallible perception of his views. I was commenting on V. Putin and how he is vilified in the western media, and how it seems he is the only world leader with a backbone and conscience. It appears his actions are honorable, even as Obama's actions are very much the opposite.

What is honorable about persecuting gays? Do you think God is on Putin's side like Pat does?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/opinion/sunday/mr-putins-war-on-gays.html

This is interesting. I think that this primarily is more evidence of the gathering storm of the China/Russia cooperative, as China has long lead the way in cyber war, Russia is getting on the same page as China on this......from appearances. Besides, Russia has given up on the West after many years of bad treatment from us, there is no longer any reason to pretend otherwise.

China and Russia do not lead the way in cyber warfare, if they did, we wouldn't know about it.

Back
Top Bottom