• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia using inferior equipment.

You realize that when Hitler took the Sudettenland and annexed Austria. Nobody did anything right?

I'm pretty sure that point was baked into my argument.

Listen Putin is going to take Kiev and install a government. That government is going to run things and the Russian military is going to maintain a mArshad law and the government is going to recognize crimea as part of Russia.

Yes, unless you've only been following the war from Ukrainian tweets, that's assumed. So far you're telling me lots of extremely obvious things as if I don't already know them.

They will hold referendums for the Donbas to become part of Russia. The military will leave and Ukraine will have more revolutiom.

Aaaaaannnnnnnd...your point?

Haha. Trump's fault. Wow good one.
If he hadn't appointed a hawk like Bolton, Trump would have pulled the USA out of NATO. Brexit was supposed to begin the domino effect that broke up Europe, leaving Putin free to do as he pleased unopposed. It nearly came off!

If he hadn't appointed a hawk like Bolton, Trump would have pulled the USA out of NATO. Brexit was supposed to begin the domino effect that broke up Europe, leaving Putin free to do as he pleased unopposed. It nearly came off!
Trump threatened this to get the Europeans to spend more on defense and at least some measure of their part of NATO. It worked they increased their spending.

NATO touts ‘unprecedented’ defense spending following Trump’s calls for parity​

NATO touted a significant uptick in defense spending by Canada and its European members following President Trump’s years-long call for more nations to pay their fair share.

“This is unprecedented progress, and it is making NATO stronger,” Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said of the 4.6 percent spending hike by those nations in 2019.

NATO announced the ramped-up defense spending ahead of a summit of its member nations’ leaders Tuesday and Wednesday in London.

Stoltenberg also noted that by the end of 2020, those nations will have spent $130 billion more since 2016 — the year Trump was elected.

For the same reason that he carried out the invasion in the first place: he believed that the old world order had collapsed and that the West was too divided to respond meaningfully.

I think he didn't anticipate sanctions to the extent they are now going, which is why I purposely worded my question to imply that Putin anticipated sanctions to a greater extent than before, not necessarily to this extent. Nonetheless, Putin has the resources to carry out his invasion of Ukraine, regardless of sanctions, to the point of bordering nuclear war. That's all Putin, ultimately, cares about. I'm not so sure his fellow criminal oligarchs are willing to go there. Which may ultimately be his biggest miscalculation. Being taken down from the inside.

This does not contradict the assertion that Russia is using older equipment. It's just much better than the equipment that Ukraine has.

The implication of the OP that Russian equipment was “old” is relative to the equipment of Ukraine and thus “inferior”, as worded in the thread title. That is false. From the article I linked:

“Russia’s army includes about two-and-a-half times the number of armored vehicles as Ukraine’s, and Russian equipment is also more modern.”

Every nation has relatively “old” armored vehicles. The OP stated the equipment was old in comparing to Ukraine. The implication being that Russia had less modern armored vehicle in comparison to Ukraine. That’s flat-out false, as I’ve refuted with evidence. You can’t provide evidence that Russian equipment in question is older, less modern, or inferior to that of Ukraine.

BTW, FYI, and older vehicle that is modernized may very well be superior to a newer vehicle that has not been kept up to date.

Back
Top Bottom