• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia trains for large-scale war

Okay. In other words we can win a war in europe all by ourselves. My point is why should we? Our blood and treasure is better spent elsewhere.

Oh, I thought you meant Russia could actually win. My bad. Well, we wouldn't be able to get out of it tbh. If the US didn't follow through on Article 5 after we activated it on 9/11 for the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions (which have made the world by and large a worse place to live in than before then) we would be forever isolated from Western Civilization, and probably collapse into civil war shortly thereafter. The EU and China would ascend as the dominant powers on Earth in the US's place by the late 2000's/early 2100's, if not before then.

LOL! Every time you post that, you prove my point for me.

I order you to post that again. Your obedience is noted for the record.

23,363 posts. Zero content.

They attack our allies. They refuse to extradite our criminals. They violate arms agreements. They provide aid to groups actively targeting American troops. They execute cyber attacks on our infrastructure. They undermine our democratic election process with disinformation campaigns. They recruit spies to infiltrate our government and other organizations. Is that enough? Do you need more?

All of which we reciprocate in kind in at least equal measure. We sure has hell haven't been leaving them alone.

OL! Every time you post that, you prove my point for me.

I order you to post that again. Your obedience is noted for the record.

23,364 posts. Zero content.

the best way to prevent war is to require that any military action must be formally declared and to enact confiscatory wartime tax rates for shared sacrifice. i support doing both.

All of which we reciprocate in kind in at least equal measure. We sure has hell haven't been leaving them alone.

And we should reciprocate in kind, yes?

And we should reciprocate in kind, yes?

To be honest we poke them as much as they poke us. Starting a war over it, not so much.

To be honest we poke them as much as they poke us. Starting a war over it, not so much.

That's debatable. When was the last time the United States seized sovereign territory through military force? When was the last time the U.S. used a banned chemical weapon resulting in civilian casualties on the soil of a country we weren't even at war with?

That's debatable. When was the last time the United States seized sovereign territory through military force? When was the last time the U.S. used a banned chemical weapon resulting in civilian casualties on the soil of a country we weren't even at war with?

The Europeans can take the lead on this and we can support. They are big boys and have big toys, let them play with the Russians. If they dont feel a need to why should we?

Look, Munich, and the rest of europe, can go to hell for all I care. The military is made up of kids "mostly" from the south and mountain west. Why should we sacrifice our kids to further the schemes of the blue state elites? Why?

Europe is a very rich very populated economic zone. They can defend themselves or not. Hell, just look at the german russian pipeline deal. If they want to fund the russian war machine.....who are we to prevent their political elites to make a shortsighted buck or two?

The flippant attitude of Europe can go to hell has existed since the run-up to both World War I and World War II. What wise men have learned during the period 1900 to 1950 is that we can fight the aggressor over there or we can fight the beast right here. So your attitude is discredited completely by the facts of very recent and relevant history.

One appreciates your overwrought concern for the fit and willing volunteers into the AVF from the South and the mountain West, however, we have the willing and able armed force that we have. It is possible for you all the same to broaden your fragmented view and to give it cohesion, i.e., Army is presently focused on recruiting Gen-Z from 22 urban and metro centers across the northern tier of the US, from Boston to Cincinnati to Seattle and San Francisco and so on. So Pentagon is as always eons ahead of the isolationist point of view which is a self-destructive attitude that is the offspring of the grim reaper himself.

The bottom line is that you can choose to be ruled by the elites of the West or the elites of Russia and the far East as in China. There isn't any other choice where you sit. If you don't recognize that then you're in a serious and shortsighted error indeed. If it is conversely prominent in your consciousness then you would be on the other side of the line. Kindly be advised many people who have your view are indeed on the other side of it.

The flippant attitude of Europe can go to hell has existed since the run-up to both World War I and World War II. What wise men have learned during the period 1900 to 1950 is that we can fight the aggressor over there or we can fight the beast right here. So your attitude is discredited completely by the facts of very recent and relevant history.

We were attacked in ww1 and 2. Unless attacked we should stay out of it. Why fight a war over there if we aren’t at war?

One appreciates your overwrought concern for the fit and willing volunteers into the AVF from the South and the mountain West, however, we have the willing and able armed force that we have. It is possible for you all the same to broaden your fragmented view and to give it cohesion, i.e., Army is presently focused on recruiting Gen-Z from 22 urban and metro centers across the northern tier of the US, from Boston to Cincinnati to Seattle and San Francisco and so on. So Pentagon is as always eons ahead of the isolationist point of view which is a self-destructive attitude that is the offspring of the grim reaper himself.

You “missed” my point. My link indicated that 75% of every man and woman of military age is unfit for military duty. That doesn’t include the number who could care less about military service.

I still stand by my contention that red state kids should not die for blue state corporatists bent on outsourcing jobs and importing cheap labor.

The bottom line is that you can choose to be ruled by the elites of the West or the elites of Russia and the far East as in China. There isn't any other choice where you sit. If you don't recognize that then you're in a serious and shortsighted error indeed. If it is conversely prominent in your consciousness then you would be on the other side of the line. Kindly be advised many people who have your view are indeed on the other side of it.

If Russia invades Western Europe they will only rule Western Europe.

In all of those wars we were attacked and brought into those european wars.

As for 9/11......except for great britain, they pretty much failed us. Let europe defend europe.

The world is, and always has been, very interdependent. That interdependence has been getting far more in the last few decades. The US is not an island. When war breaks out, especially in the small global village which is the world today, it's like a giant brawl at the local bar. When all sorts of chairs, tables, beer bottles, and fists start flying around, it's just a matter of time before one of them hits us in the face and we are forced to enter the fray. That's how it has happened in the past. There is even a higher chance that will happen in the future.

It's ridiculous to think that the US could just stay out of the world's business and hope than they will stay out of ours. It's a nice thought. But that's not how things work. Especially now in the modern world.

We were attacked in ww1 and 2. Unless attacked we should stay out of it. Why fight a war over there if we aren’t at war?

You “missed” my point. My link indicated that 75% of every man and woman of military age is unfit for military duty. That doesn’t include the number who could care less about military service.

I still stand by my contention that red state kids should not die for blue state corporatists bent on outsourcing jobs and importing cheap labor.

If Russia invades Western Europe they will only rule Western Europe.

Have you thought what will happen to our economy if they then choke off trade from Europe to the Americas?

Russia is a kleptocracy. They“ll trade with anyone for a profit.

Not if they want to hurt someone and take over their whole country. That's even more profitable than just trading with them. Are you saying that if you never want to hurt anyone, no one will ever want to hurt you? :lamo

Not if they want to hurt someone and take over their whole country. That's even more profitable than just trading with them. Are you saying that if you never want to hurt anyone, no one will ever want to hurt you? :lamo

“Not if they want to hurt someone”. Hey, just how old are you anyway?

“Not if they want to hurt someone”. Hey, just how old are you anyway?

Old enough to know when someone is being very naïve. Older people never hurt others to get ahead? :lamo

wtf is this? I did a tour overseas and I'm not from any "red state". What the hell is the matter with you?

Russia trains for large-scale war

tumblr_plpmli09UN1vhaphlo1_400.jpg

Russia's Tor-M2DT highly mobile SAM-system in the Arctic.

To anyone that regularly takes note Russian military exercises, it is fairly obvious that those exercises are becoming ever larger with increasingly complex unit movements choreographed and decidedly offensive in nature.

Related: Training for War - Russia's Strategic-level Military Exercises 2009–2017

You should call this into George Noory's program.

Back
Top Bottom