• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia trains for large-scale war

LOL! No, he didn't, but I understand your compulsion to pretend that he did.

A bit sad, though, to continually watch you struggle to be relevant.

You’re mak8ng pronouncements. Pronouncements aren’t cogent arguments.

I think Russia would be more likely to pick away at non-NATO countries (as evidenced in post-2007 events) than to directly draw the ire of the entire 7-million+ NATO alliance at once.

I'm sure Russia is well aware that they would lose.

Europe’s militaries are undersized, underfunded, and manned in large part by complete pacifists. Germany and France are far more likely to work with Russians than not.

Report: European militaries ill-equipped to defend themselves

France Calls On EU To Not Rely On U.S. Defense, Reach Out To Russia

They attack our allies. They refuse to extradite our criminals. They violate arms agreements. They provide aid to groups actively targeting American troops. They execute cyber attacks on our infrastructure. They undermine our democratic election process with disinformation campaigns. They recruit spies to infiltrate our government and other organizations. Is that enough? Do you need more?

Are they?

France Calls On EU To Not Rely On U.S. Defense, Reach Out To Russia

In Germany, Construction Has Begun On Controversial New Russian Gas Pipeline

Contrast that with the Western European nations ever shrinking militaries and you realize why our continued participation in Nato is probably a bad idea.

So it’s OK to sit back and let Europe fall to the Russians. If I recall correctly, last time we Let Europe fall to another country, Germany, it turned out really well. So I can see why we would want to repeat that again. :roll:

So it’s OK to sit back and let Europe fall to the Russians. If I recall correctly, last time we Let Europe fall to another country, Germany, it turned out really well. So I can see why we would want to repeat that again. :roll:

Russia isn’t nazi Germany. Hell, its not even communist anymore. Are we to keep the French from invading Germany? Italy? Who cares?

No, it's not but, again, I understand you need to pretend otherwise.

And rationality? Why try and reference something that completely alien to you? What's the point?

So, 'I know you are but what am I?' is the best you can come up with. 23,350 posts. Zero content.

So, 'I know you are but what am I?' is the best you can come up with. 23,350 posts. Zero content.

Except, of course, for the pesky little fact that I haven't done that.

Your imagination is really on display today, together with that intellectual dishonesty that you're so famous for.

Yay for such an active fantasy life.

Except, of course, for the pesky little fact that I haven't done that.

Your imagination is really on display today, together with that intellectual dishonesty that you're so famous for.

Yay for such an active fantasy life.

23,351 posts. Zero content.

So let me see if I have this right:

"EU is cozying up to Russia, and Trump Republicans love Russia and Putin, so what's the point of NATO, dissolve it."

Did I spell it out correctly?

Europe’s militaries are undersized, underfunded, and manned in large part by complete pacifists.

The US maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad—from giant “Little Americas” to small radar facilities.

Countries with US military bases and facilities

1280px-American_bases_worldwide.svg.png

The largest of these is Ramstein, in Germany.

For example, the Garmisch, Germany "named base" with its 72 personnel has eight distinct sites large enough to be listed in the Army's Individual Service Inventory list: Artillery Kaserne, Breitenau Skeet Range, Garmisch Family Housing, Garmish Golf Course, General Abrams Hotel And Disp, Hausberg Ski Area, Oberammergau NATO School, and Sheridan Barracks (listed in Army-15 to Army-17). These range in size from Ramstein AB with 9,188 active, guard/reserve, and civilian personnel

Base Structure Report - fy 2015

There is very little, if any, chance that Russia could win an offensive war against the United States, let alone the entire North Atlantic Treaty Organization. It's not happening. Sorry.

In other words, it doesn't matter how underfunded and ill-equipped most of the EU is, since the EU is a supranational economic entity headed up by Germany and France (two of the top 10 most powerful armed forces on Earth) and NATO has the United States, which outspends the next nearest 11 competitors by a wide WIDE margin (35% of the entire global military spending OF THE ENTIRE PLANET).

1024px-2014_militrary_expenditures_absolute.svg.png

Germany and France are far more likely to work with Russians than not.

Not if Article 5 is activated. And this wouldn't be a war of aggression based on lies ala Iraq, it would be a visible and direct reaction to Russian aggression.

Last edited:
Russia isn’t nazi Germany. Hell, its not even communist anymore. Are we to keep the French from invading Germany? Italy? Who cares?

A lot of history, from the war of 1812, to World War I, to World War II, to 9/11, etc...suggests that eventually...

We will.

A lot of history, from the war of 1812, to World War I, to World War II, to 9/11, etc...suggests that eventually...

We will.

In all of those wars we were attacked and brought into those european wars.

As for 9/11......except for great britain, they pretty much failed us. Let europe defend europe.

Nato under pressure to back Barack Obama's Afghanistan surge
European troop pledges totalling around 5,000 are short of figure the US is believed to be asking for in support of its Afghan surge

Washington's Nato allies in Europe came under strong pressure to respond to the American troop surge by committing more combat forces to Afghanistan.

The Nato secretary general, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, said the allies would respond with troop pledges totalling at least 5,000. But European leaders' warm words for Barack Obama's speech were not matched by combat commitments and it was not clear where the 5,000 were coming from. At best, a couple of thousand were pledged, raising the non-US contingent to about 40,000, compared with 100,000 US forces.

Britain pre-empted the Obama speech earlier this week by announcing 500 more troops for Afghanistan, bringing the UK total to around 10,000, the second biggest force. Poland said it would send a further 600, Spain talked of 200, and Georgia said 900.

The big European countries were markedly reluctant and even Rasmussen's 5,000 was considerably below the 8,000-10,000 the Americans are believed to be asking for......

The US maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad—from giant “Little Americas” to small radar facilities.

Countries with US military bases and facilities

1280px-American_bases_worldwide.svg.png

The largest of these is Ramstein, in Germany.

Base Structure Report - fy 2015

There is very little, if any, chance that Russia could win an offensive war against the United States, let alone the entire North Atlantic Treaty Organization. It's not happening. Sorry.

In other words, it doesn't matter how underfunded and ill-equipped most of the EU is, since the EU is a supranational economic entity headed up by Germany and France (two of the top 10 most powerful armed forces on Earth) and NATO has the United States, which outspends the next nearest 11 competitors by a wide WIDE margin (35% of the entire global military spending OF THE ENTIRE PLANET).

1024px-2014_militrary_expenditures_absolute.svg.png

Not if Article 5 is activated. And this wouldn't be a war of aggression based on lies ala Iraq, it would be a visible and direct reaction to Russian aggression.

Okay. In other words we can win a war in europe all by ourselves. My point is why should we? Our blood and treasure is better spent elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom