• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out a...nation

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION - Mirror Online

Russia is preparing to test-fire a nuclear weapon which is so powerful it could reportedly destroy a whole country in seconds.

The "Satan 2" missile is rumoured to be the most powerful ever designed and is equipped with stealth technology to help it dodge enemy radar systems .

The missile is expected to be capable of delivering up to a dozen warheads, allowing to effectively destroy an area the "size of Texas or France", the broadcaster continued.

It is expected to have a range of 10,000 km, allowing Moscow to attack European cities including London as well as major cities on America's west and east coasts.

Perhaps we'd better develop something to counter this?

We'd better elect people that give a crap first.

Re: Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out a...natio

Who says we don't already have something like that?

Re: Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out a...natio

Am I the only one having a hard time buying this article as word for word accurate?

Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION - Mirror Online

I'm guessing that if Russia is just "testing" this now that means that we have probably had something similar in our arsenal for quite some time.

I fail to see the point of developing more technically advanced nuclear weapons once you already have the capability to wipe out the entire planet many times over, which both the US and Russia have had for decades. If they were developing a system that would somehow render our nukes obsolete, THEN I would be nervous.

Am I the only one having a hard time buying this article as word for word accurate?

Come on man! It's the MIROR.

OK, how about WND?
Russia to test unstoppable ‘Satan 2’ stealth nuke

No? OK, how about Pakistani Defense?
Russia MASSIVE 'Satan 2' nuke capable of wiping out ENTIRE NATION in seconds

No? how about a YouTube link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX9A5CeMvIA

If you don't like that I don't know what to tell you. :2razz:

I'm guessing that if Russia is just "testing" this now that means that we have probably had something similar in our arsenal for quite some time.

I fail to see the point of developing more technically advanced nuclear weapons once you already have the capability to wipe out the entire planet many times over, which both the US and Russia have had for decades. If they were developing a system that would somehow render our nukes obsolete, THEN I would be nervous.

Come on...how else do you have a measuring contest?

What is the point of this weapon?

What good is defeating a nation, if there is noting to show for it?

What is the point of this weapon?

What good is defeating a nation, if there is noting to show for it?

It's more for the threat of mutual destruction. The US has various nukes strategically located around the country that can launch even if US is nuked to hell and back. Basically as a "even if you destroy us, you get destroyed also" type threat. I saw a thing about it quite a few years ago and the impact of one of them was the type that would destroy a country.

The RS-28 is real. It is not called the Satan 2. It is capable of carrying 10 large warheads, or 15 smaller ones. It is not "unstoppable". It is roughly comparable to the US Peacekeeper missile(though newer and able to carry a little more). It could probably wipe out a whole nation, if that nation is about the size of a US state.

Hysteria aside, it is a concern, but not a huge one. It will not significantly change the nuclear weapon situation in the world.

The RS-28 is real. It is not called the Satan 2. It is capable of carrying 10 large warheads, or 15 smaller ones. It is not "unstoppable". It is roughly comparable to the US Peacekeeper missile(though newer and able to carry a little more). It could probably wipe out a whole nation, if that nation is about the size of a US state.

Hysteria aside, it is a concern, but not a huge one. It will not significantly change the nuclear weapon situation in the world.

Thread killer.

Thread killer.
Can't be, I haven't been sufficiently scared into hysteria yet and used my hysteria to hate one political party or another for not caring about my well-being.

If it were capable of wiping out a nation, I don't think 'countering' it would be as important as holding the Russian government accountable before they do something stupid.

Can't be, I haven't been sufficiently scared into hysteria yet and used my hysteria to hate one political party or another for not caring about my well-being.

But it can wipe out a country the size of Texas :scared: ...........Wait a minute............It can wipe out Texas............Hmmmmmmmm..................

Just one EMP from a nuke detonated a couple hundred miles over a nation will fry most of the electronics in that nation, including the ability to launch a nuke. Game over.

Goddamn democrats :mrgreen:

Its Putin's " Im taking my Ball and going home " weapon

I remember back in the early- to mid-80's, when I was in the Navy and my friends and I were Absolutely Sure the missiles were going to be flying any day now. We had our rifles, we had our plans what to do when the world went to hell...and the world didn't go to hell. And I give the credit to the MAD doctrine.

Same thing today - sure, if Putin decided to wipe out America, he must know that Russia would also be wiped out...because he can't find our missile subs...and even if he could, it would be almost impossible to coordinate knocking them all out while at the same time blowing up enough of America quickly enough to keep us from launching our land-based missiles.

This isn't to say that it won't or can't happen, because it came close to happening several times, including in 1983. We absolutely should continue upgrading our missile capability and defense systems. But I refuse to live again thinking almost every day that the world's about to go to hell.

Just one EMP from a nuke detonated a couple hundred miles over a nation will fry most of the electronics in that nation, including the ability to launch a nuke. Game over.
So then we launch them from one or several of our numerous subs.

Game on...

It is not nearly so simple as that. The military does shield equipment. That shielding is effective at some range(ie the closer to the blast, the less likely the shielding will be enough, the atmosphere does heavily attenuate E1 emissions so range helps). http://snebulos.mit.edu/projects/reference/MIL-STD/MIL-STD-464C.pdf

Perhaps we should change our policy of parading our troops and missiles and tanks along the Russian border?

Perhaps we should seek peace and mutual cooperation instead of bellicose propaganda?

Nah, that ain't gonna happen--we're the bad boys on the planet, right?

Come on man! It's the MIROR.

OK, how about WND?
Russia to test unstoppable ‘Satan 2’ stealth nuke

No? OK, how about Pakistani Defense?
Russia MASSIVE 'Satan 2' nuke capable of wiping out ENTIRE NATION in seconds

No? how about a YouTube link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX9A5CeMvIA

If you don't like that I don't know what to tell you. :2razz:

Fine, I change my mind. We should up our military spending 10x or more and develop a weapon that will literally split the planet into two parts. Then tell Putin that one more photo surfaces of him half naked on a horse and everyone on the planet dies.

Fine, I change my mind. We should up our military spending 10x or more and develop a weapon that will literally split the planet into two parts. Then tell Putin that one more photo surfaces of him half naked on a horse and everyone on the planet dies.

Are you trying to be Trump's Secretary of State? You're in for some tough competition, after all Sarah Palin can see these missiles from her house.

Sounds like a plan.

Back
Top Bottom