• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Seeks to 'Liberate' East Ukraine: Defense Minister

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

iu

Russia's defense minister on Tuesday said Moscow was seeking to "liberate" east Ukraine but accused the West of dragging out the military operation by supplying Kyiv with arms. "We are gradually implementing our plan to liberate the Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics," Sergei Shoigu said in reference to eastern Ukraine's two rebel regions, which Moscow has recognized as independent states. "We are taking measures to restore peaceful life," he said in a televised meeting with Russian military commanders. Shoigu's comments came after Kyiv accused Russia of unleashing a major new offensive in eastern Ukraine, marking the second stage of Moscow's nearly two-month military operation in the former Soviet state. But Shoigu laid the blame for the bloodshed on Washington and its Western allies. "The United States and Western states under its control are doing everything to drag out the military operation for as long as possible," he said. "The growing volume of foreign weapons supplies graphically demonstrate their intention to provoke the Kyiv regime to fight to the last Ukrainian."

Translation: The Russian Federation will once again war-crime its way to stealing as much Ukrainian territory as is possible.

iu

Translation: The Russian Federation will once again war-crime its way to stealing as much Ukrainian territory as is possible.

Russia is liberating Kherson. Live with it. You know Roubles are already being in Kherson?

By "liberation" I assume you mean "conquest".

I am pro Russian. So I see it as liberating the oppressed ethnic Russian minorities in east and south Ukraine.

And both words are simply both sides of same coin anyways. To liberate oppressed ethnic Russian minorities the Banderas regime in Kiev must be conquered.

I am pro Russian. So I see it as liberating the oppressed ethnic Russian minorities in east and south Ukraine.

And both words are simply both sides of same coin anyways. To liberate oppressed ethnic Russian minorities the Banderas regime in Kiev must be conquered.
If that "liberation" involves the conquest and oppression of the entire nation of Ukraine, then it isn't much of a liberation at all. Why didn't the ethnic Russians of eastern and southern Ukraine simply move to Russia if they were so oppressed? It's not far.

If that "liberation" involves the conquest and oppression of the entire nation of Ukraine, then it isn't much of a liberation at all.

Then we will be dealing with "liberation" and "conquest". For the east and littoral of Ukraine it will be liberation for the ethnic Russians. For the ethnic Ukrainians of west Ukraine it will be conquest. I don't advocate the later, the ethnic Ukrainian nation has a right to independence, but not at the expense of Russian locals of east and south.

Why didn't the ethnic Russians of eastern and southern Ukraine simply move to Russia if they were so oppressed? It's not far.

Strange logic. Does that mean ethnic Ukrainians should also move to Poland and Germany if Russia occupies all Ukraine? That's a new one. An oppressed population should head off elsewhere instead of evicting the oppressor!

The Russians are dropping "bunker buster" bombs on Mariupol's Azovstahl Steel Plant even though they are aware that up to 1,000 civilians (and children) are also hiding there.

The Russkies keep at it anyway. Next, they will try poison gas.

iu

Didn't Shoigu suffer a massive heart attack and get sidelined by Putin?

The Russians are dropping "bunker buster" bombs on Mariupol's Azovstahl Steel Plant even though they are aware that up to 1,000 civilians (and children) are also hiding there.

🤬

Why would a civilian be at Azovstahl steel plant? If there are any civilians there they were conducted there at the point of Naxi Azov rifles to serve as human shields.

Azov already claimed they had been dusted by chemicals. It turned out to false. Not that they were lying. Ukro Billionaire Akhmetov's steel plants probably have all kinds of chemicals stored there. And Azov has been bombed round the clock. It's likely our Banderas mistook some of Akhmetov's chemicals for poison gas.

Why would a civilian be at Azovstahl steel plant?

It's the safest place remaining in Mariupol.

20,000 civilians dead. The stink from this war crime will never leave Russia.

Liberating like they liberated the Baltics and Eastern Europe.

Russian minorities were not oppressed in Ukraine. This is Russian disinformation.

https://www.state.gov/fact-vs-fiction-russian-disinformation-on-ukraine/
https://euvsdisinfo.eu/report/ukrai...reats-ethnic-russians-as-second-rate-citizens

It's the safest place remaining in Mariupol.

Azovstahl steel works is the safest place remaining in Mariupol? Looks to me like it is a steel coffin.

20,000 civilians dead. The stink from this war crime will never leave Russia.

Blame lies fully on the fanatics of the Azov Battalion.

Russian minorities were not oppressed in Ukraine. This is Russian disinformation.

LOL You will have to peddle that to som other simpleton:)

Azovstahl steel works is the safest place remaining in Mariupol? Looks to me like it is a steel coffin.

No other place inMariupol that will survive Russian bombs.

Blame lies fully on the fanatics of the Azov Battalion.

They didn't invade Ukraine. Russia invaded Ukraine.

LOL You will have to peddle that to som other simpleton

You were the only one available atm.

Did you know Ida-Viru is over 70% ethnically Russian? Perhaps Putin should try liberating them.

Back
Top Bottom