• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops

His actions speak louder than words. Perhaps you should read our own Senate report on Russian aggression from 2018 then perhaps you will believe them.

PUTIN'S ASYMMETRIC ASSAULT ON DEMOCRACY IN RUSSIA AND EUROPE: IMPLICATIONS FOR U.S. NATIONAL SECURITY

Was this the same senate/house that shown to have been lying this entire time with more and more coming from the investigations? Seems you could not link anythin to support your claim but instead used someones opinion on enemy rather than putin stating such, or any lawful definition either.

Was this the same senate/house that shown to have been lying this entire time with more and more coming from the investigations? Seems you could not link anythin to support your claim but instead used someones opinion on enemy rather than putin stating such, or any lawful definition either.

Read and weep Putin lover. What you see in that tiny ugly dwarf I can not fathom. Your days are numbered....tick tick

MAD-Magazine-Putin-Super-Bowl-Ring.jpg

Last edited:
Read and weep Putin lover. What you see in that tiny ugly dwarf I can not fathom. Your days are numbered....tick tick

MAD-Magazine-Putin-Super-Bowl-Ring.jpg

So your answer is to accuse someone of being a putin lover when your argument falls flat on it's face and you can not back up your own claims.

Mihgt not want to quit your day job.

You are not comprehending what I said, you are injecting a spin on what I said. I only said that the Russians/Putin are our adversaries and when they do what they do that is basically what adversaries do, and that we often do the same things. So when we use a drone to kill some Islamic fundamentalist leader (our adversary) we may have a moral reason to do so..... by OUR view. But to that adversary and their believers they may have a different opinion. Russia is therefore no different in having their view. Why is that so hard for you to understand? I didn't say we are always wrong, but that isn't universally agreed with across the globe. When the Imperial Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor they believed they were right to do so. And the believed that due to a century of European colonialism in Asia including the more recent forays in American colonialism in places like the Philippines. So to the Japanese their action was in anticipation of being colonized eventually by the Americans as the U.S. became more powerful. At least that was the way they saw it and believed it.

I'm not saying the Japanese were right, or the Russians are right now. But they believe(d) they are/were, and they will have their reasons why. I said, it is "how the game is played".

Yeah, Stalin was our "formal ally" a man who killed 20 million innocent people during his time in power. If in your mind wrong is always wrong, what about us being an ally with a mass murderer was right? We were just joining with one mass murderer to stop another one.

So again, school us on how you are always 100% certain exactly where the line is between right and wrong?

Do you really think I don't know this already? Difference between you and me is that I am looking at things at levels much deeper than just the surface.

You are just talking nonsense--- probably just to troll. I never said I was in "in love" with Putin, I only said that I accept he is doing what he thinks is best for his nation is all. Big difference. Putin and the Russians are our adversaries, but I don't have some irrational fear of Russians. For one they are always pretty pragmatic people from their own set of circumstances and values even as those are vastly different than our values. What that means is you can always trust a sneaky Russian to be a sneaky Russian----so you always know what to expect. There is then a sense of understanding and a point to negotiate from--- hopefully from strength. Not by pandering or some silly toy "reset button" like Hillary Clinton did and looked like a fool. Russian are really much easier to deal with than say the Chinese. Russia doesn't have global domination goals, theirs are mostly regional, and mainly related to energy/oil/gas. Should be easy then deal with them.

I don't love Putin, but in a sense I do respect him for him doing his job FOR HIS PEOPLE much the same way I can look back and respect someone like Geronimo for how he led his people to war against MY people too. Just because Putin is wiling to lead his country is no reason to discount him; better approach would be to find where we can agree and in doing so avoid confrontation. But in your mind he is somehow worse than Stalin I suppose, which isn't even close.

No matter how you slice it it's still baloney.

Baloney sandwiches and borscht.

Gen. Mattis is accurate when he says Trump is a threat to the Constitution and Mattis speaks for the vast number of flag officers across the armed forces active duty and retired. You at your level are a Putin Trump Rower who blathers tripe while he rows. After Trump is gone Putin is going to be alone again in the snow as Russia falls apart all around him in his time too.

If it is true that the Russians offered the Taliban a reward for the killing of Americans and their allies, then this will have far-reaching consequences. Until the declaration of Russia as a state sponsoring terrorism.

That's your construct not mine.

Built on a swamp it is.

Tough moving the goalposts anyway but doubly tough to move the goalposts while you're slogging around in a swamp. Because first you said Taylor was a big spender and now that I busted that one you're saying "The price tag is irrelevant" and so on.

So anyway remind me of what you said against Putin. Oh that's right, you don't do that. Not ever. Indeed and as you said, war is war and Putin has the right to think of himself as the good guy which means you say he can bounty up and kill as many American Soldiers as he can no problem to you anyway. Cause Putin has the right to think and believe he's the good guy.

Are you drunk or abusing substances? Quote where {I} said any of that crap about Putin.

I did back up my claims Komrade. Trump would be proud to be called a Putin lover and so should you. Here in America actions speak louder than words.....

Trump Administration Made Secret Efforts To Ease Russia Sanctions : NPR
ridiculous
That was Trump incoming -Trump CAMPAIGNED on improving Russian relations -so why would sanctions relief not be discussed?
This Russiaphobia has driven Russia and China into a permanent military/economic alliance
which is a far bigger threat to the USA then any FB bots

YouTube
Vostok 2018: Russia and China show off their joint exercises

The job of the intelligence community is to protect the United States. When the president, elected by your "moron voters", is dropping the ball we should know about it. Thank you, intelligence officials.

Now, how big a deal is this? How far up the Russian chain of command did it go? Did it, if true, and acted on, have any effect? I don't know and I wouldn't pretend to know. But I wouldn't trust Trump's instinct to protect the United States as far as I could throw him. In fact, I trust that his instinct runs contrary to what is in this countries best interest and this is could be an example of that.

The job of intelligence community is to collect intelligence, analyze it and present it to the President or his delegates to make decisions about it. Leaking it to the media is illegal and aids enemys of the US.

somebody gets it..awesome..
extrapolate to the annexation of Crimea because Poroshenko threatened
the lease for Sevastopol
Russia, Ukraine agree on naval-base-for-gas deal - CNN.com

To be clear, I consider it entirely possible that the Russians were offering such bounties, but I'm skeptical of the US claim because the US is very well known for deception and mendacity. As Lyin' Mike put it, they lie, they cheat and they steal.

The claim is that Russia did it wrong. Rather, they should have provided the Taliban air-to-surface anti-aircraft missiles like we did for the Taliban when Russia was the invading and occupying imperial power, killing the aircrews of 350 Russian aircraft and destroying such aircraft.

The job of intelligence community is to collect intelligence, analyze it and present it to the President or his delegates to make decisions about it. Leaking it to the media is illegal and aids enemys of the US.

No, actually Trump has been aiding enemies of the US.

Russia wants to destroy our democracy and trump is helping by being Putin's useful idiot. I believe that 100%. I'm basing my opinion on watching trump genuflect to Putin every time he's near him. It would take an extremely simple mind not to realize it.

You probably also believe 100% that Oswald killed JFK, Sirhan killed RFK, and James Earl Ray killed MLK.

You believe what you're supposed to believe, so good for you.

ridiculous
That was Trump incoming -Trump CAMPAIGNED on improving Russian relations -so why would sanctions relief not be discussed?
This Russiaphobia has driven Russia and China into a permanent military/economic alliance
which is a far bigger threat to the USA then any FB bots

YouTube
Vostok 2018: Russia and China show off their joint exercises

So I see now why you want all US troops abroad brought back to the homeland.

To let the Chinese and the Russians have everything else.

Back home meanwhile you're Making America Russia Instead.

The claim is that Russia did it wrong. Rather, they should have provided the Taliban air-to-surface anti-aircraft missiles like we did for the Taliban when Russia was the invading and occupying imperial power, killing the aircrews of 350 Russian aircraft and destroying such aircraft.

I bet you like that idea.

I think when Trump found out about the Russian bounties on the heads of U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan he got word to Putin the IC in USA was onto it. I'm just surprised Trump didn't meet in secret with the Russian ambassador in the Oval with no one else present and no announcement of it to try to figure ways around the IC knowing and the Pentagon knowing. Kind of like what they did about the sanctions and that we found out about later and from the Russian media only. This is what came to mind when I read your post Making America Russia Instead.

I bet you like that idea.

To the contrary, one of my children is in the A.F. and has been on combat missions over both Iraq and Afghanistan.

The story of Russia offering bounty to kill American troops is a lie and has been from the start. To this day, there is not ONE person who claims that happened other than a Democrat working for a Democratic newspaper. Not ONE name of anyone in the intelligence community has made the claim. Rather, the only claim from the intelligence community is there is no evidence to support the attack made by a Democratic newspaper or Democrats.

Even CNN last night had the banner "Possibly Russia Offered Bounties for US Soldiers."

"Possibly" is nothing. Possibly the DNC put out bounties for US Soldiers. Possibly you did.

You don't know that any more than I know it's true. We're both guessing.

"Guessing" is nothing, isn't it? 3 days of non-stop media coverage and Democratic Party politicians ranting over "guessing."

No, actually Trump has been aiding enemies of the US.

Primarily the Israeli government.

For that reason alone he should have been impeached, but the congress too is in the control of Israel.

I think when Trump found out about the Russian bounties on the heads of U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan he got word to Putin the IC in USA was onto it. I'm just surprised Trump didn't meet in secret with the Russian ambassador in the Oval with no one else present and no announcement of it to try to figure ways around the IC knowing and the Pentagon knowing. Kind of like what they did about the sanctions and that we found out about later and from the Russian media only. This is what came to mind when I read your post Making America Russia Instead.

I cant believe you actually believe what you're saying. I just dont really understand the need to make everything hyperbolic just to win elections, or worse, the level of delusion required if to actually think like this.

Back
Top Bottom