• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia saying they are pulling back from Kyiv and Chernihiv

jnug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Media will take this as a positive sign of Russian willingness to negotiate. ITS NOT!

Russia will not negotiate in good faith unless it has Ukraine over a barrel or unless the Russian Military is simply unable to continue even as woefully as they have to date.

The positive to take from this is that Russia now understands it cannot continue to fight Ukraine over such a broad front, a stunning admission given the difference in the two military assets. If Russia does pull back in the North of Ukraine it will continue to try to complete its land bridge to Crimea and will continue to try to make its way to Odesa. If Russia can complete its land bridge and take Odesa thus making Ukraine land locked, Russia will eventually have the same effect as if they took Kyiv and decapitated the government.

I don't think Ukraine will be fooled.

I trust Russia.

I also trust a hungry tiger not to eat me when i walk near him wearing raw meat around my neck.
:rolleyes:

Media will take this as a positive sign of Russian willingness to negotiate. ITS NOT!

Russia will not negotiate in good faith unless it has Ukraine over a barrel or unless the Russian Military is simply unable to continue even as woefully as they have to date.

The positive to take from this is that Russia now understands it cannot continue to fight Ukraine over such a broad front, a stunning admission given the difference in the two military assets. If Russia does pull back in the North of Ukraine it will continue to try to complete its land bridge to Crimea and will continue to try to make its way to Odesa. If Russia can complete its land bridge and take Odesa thus making Ukraine land locked, Russia will eventually have the same effect as if they took Kyiv and decapitated the government.

I don't think so either but what exactly would negotiations with Russia be? I can't imagine Ukraine is going to concede any territory, and I certainly hope they don't. So what could Russia possibly get that causes them to withdraw? I am admittedly no expert on this region so I truly have no clue what might work.
Seems more likely that Putin fights on and continues to suffer unsustainable losses until one night, they just slink back across the border and act like nothing happened.

No one can pretend that this talk is for real. Putin is hoping his adversaries will kick back then he will order more strikes

Well if Russia said it it must be true.

They actually are not. Check Russia's history in Chechnya and Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom