• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia registers virus vaccine, Putin's daughter given it

If you call piggy banking and being involved heavily in a dengue vaccine that killed hundreds and possibly thousands in Asia a nothing burger than that is your choice. Gates and Sanofi ****ed up cause simply they had no idea ...

Smells like bull**** ^

Russia registers virus vaccine, Putin'''s daughter given it | Fox News

Keeping in mind that this IS Russia and the possibility exists that this could all go south in a hurry, this has got to be the most encouraging news I've heard yet. I'll be very interested to see the results of this going forward.

Russia is not the former Soviet Union.

Then the state decided your occupation, if you got promoted was unlikely to happen, voting did not exist, freedom truly was not there, your life was laid out for you. Putin does not come out so popular due to him being a dictator.

We have just our own media to tell us things. We do not believe what RT the Russian global media reports. But should we mistrust all that RT tells us? I think there is valuable content there. You can learn more than our media tells us. And as with our media, one can judge every story told to see if it is true and plausible. And if you think it is a lie, do not accept that story.

The untold story from our Media is how vast the changes were made in Russia and how Russia freed the former Soviet satellite countries. Even in Ukraine the citizens admire their freedom that lacked in the past as a Soviet part of the country.

So does Russia have the CV19 vaccine or not? Soon we will learn for sure.

So far we have none of it that we know of. And we will need to have it proven it works.

There is still a good reason to mistrust it works given the short span of time the disease has been operational globally.

You are slightly mischaracterizing the issue, saying that the vaccines themselves killed people, which may be true in a small number of cases and that is not good.

Don’t know why you couldn’t just post this to begin with.

But the first two stories state that hundreds have died from an outbreak of Dengue and that they have rejected the reintroduction of the vaccine and the fact that they failed to disclose that it could create a bigger issue in those never exposed to the virus.

Which again is not good.

So... Why bring up this and Bill Gates in relation to the OP, like, what does that have to do with me and what I have to say about this vaccine being blasted out without proper testing?

It does seem unlikely that they could have come up with a safe and effective vaccine this quickly, but on the other hand, Russia is very advanced in bio-weapons so they may have already known a great deal about this type of virus before all of this even happened.

It's not so much the time required for developing a "safe and effective" vaccine as it is the time required to know that the vaccine you've developed is "safe and effective".

The vaccines being talked about from the first world today as promising for 2021 were already developed weeks (months?) ago.

Most of the time is spent in testing.

So no one should doubt that Russia could do what they claim to have done. What is doubtful is the notion that they have any evidence supporting what they've produced as "safe and effective" vs subjecting their entire population to being guinea pigs in what could turn out to be a very tragic experiment.

Hahahahaha...they are basically moving fast forward with a vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested. And I wouldn't put it past them to have stolen all of the data from European and US companies working on vaccines.

Putin is a notorious liar, and so is his media (state run, lest you forget).

The USA also has plenty of state run operations you appear to put a lot of trust in. Such as the FBI under Obama and his holdovers.

It's not so much the time required for developing a "safe and effective" vaccine as it is the time required to know that the vaccine you've developed is "safe and effective".

The vaccines being talked about from the first world today as promising for 2021 were already developed weeks (months?) ago.

Most of the time is spent in testing.

So no one should doubt that Russia could do what they claim to have done. What is doubtful is the notion that they have any evidence supporting what they've produced as "safe and effective" vs subjecting their entire population to being guinea pigs in what could turn out to be a very tragic experiment.

Russia is going to vaccinate the willing teachers, essential people such as the medical community before it reaches the general public. So if their teachers and doctors commence to die in droves, we will then know it is not working.

The USA also has plenty of state run operations you appear to put a lot of trust in. Such as the FBI under Obama and his holdovers.

Um...so what you are saying is that USA = Russia?

Yeah, it's official, Trumpism rots the brain.

Hahahahaha...they are basically moving fast forward with a vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested. And I wouldn't put it past them to have stolen all of the data from European and US companies working on vaccines.

Putin is a notorious liar, and so is his media (state run, lest you forget).

Giving it to everybody IS the test, duh!

You are slightly mischaracterizing the issue, saying that the vaccines themselves killed people, which may be true in a small number of cases and that is not good.

Don’t know why you couldn’t just post this to begin with.

But the first two stories state that hundreds have died from an outbreak of Dengue and that they have rejected the reintroduction of the vaccine and the fact that they failed to disclose that it could create a bigger issue in those never exposed to the virus.

Which again is not good.

So... Why bring up this and Bill Gates in relation to the OP, like, what does that have to do with me and what I have to say about this vaccine being blasted out without proper testing?

Nope I never mischaracterized anything! You are clueless when it comes to vaccines / even any drug ~ they test them out in 3rd world countries and kill people for fun. A small number? 660 lmfao, try multiplying that by 10 at least with the corrupt government officials involved on the “take” protecting assholes like Sanofi / Gates... your posts are simply clueless! You even wonder what it has to do with Russia and a Covid vaccine ~ you say they don’t have a clue but think Gates and his big pharma boys do? FYI Sanofi and Gates are in cahoots coming up with a Covid vaccine.

Nope I never mischaracterized anything! You are clueless when it comes to vaccines / even any drug ~ they test them out in 3rd world countries and kill people for fun. A small number? 660 lmfao, try multiplying that by 10 at least with the corrupt government officials involved on the “take” protecting assholes like Sanofi / Gates... your posts are simply clueless! You even wonder what it has to do with Russia and a Covid vaccine ~ you say they don’t have a clue but think Gates and his big pharma boys do? FYI Sanofi and Gates are in cahoots coming up with a Covid vaccine.

You’re the one who brought up Gates, I wasn’t sitting there with a Bill Gates fan club pin and flag.

Anyway dude, you seem to be off on your own mission.

55927599ecad048628169e95

A lot of fathers, especially if their children are near death.

oh ****. that makes it even worse. his daughters are 35yo, 33yo and 5yo.

His daughter is a well-known doctor and biologist.

he didn't say which one was (as you seem to speculate) was near death from COVID.

Russia registers virus vaccine, Putin'''s daughter given it | Fox News

Keeping in mind that this IS Russia and the possibility exists that this could all go south in a hurry, this has got to be the most encouraging news I've heard yet. I'll be very interested to see the results of this going forward.

A bit of an update on international reaction:

From Associated Press

Scientists uneasy as Russia approves 1st coronavirus vaccine

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia on Tuesday became the first country to approve a coronavirus vaccine, a move that was met with international skepticism and unease because the shots have only been studied in dozens of people.

President Vladimir Putin announced the Health Ministry’s approval and said one of his two adult daughters already was inoculated. He said the vaccine underwent the necessary tests and was shown to provide lasting immunity to the coronavirus, although Russian authorities have offered no proof to back up claims of safety or effectiveness.

“I know it has proven efficient and forms a stable immunity,” Putin said. “We must be grateful to those who made that first step very important for our country and the entire world.”

However, scientists in Russia and other countries sounded an alarm, saying that rushing to offer the vaccine before final-stage testing could backfire. What’s called a Phase 3 trial — which involves tens of thousands of people and can take months — is the only way to prove if an experimental vaccine is safe and really works.

A bit of an update on international reaction:

From Associated Press

Scientists uneasy as Russia approves 1st coronavirus vaccine

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia on Tuesday became the first country to approve a coronavirus vaccine, a move that was met with international skepticism and unease because the shots have only been studied in dozens of people.

President Vladimir Putin announced the Health Ministry’s approval and said one of his two adult daughters already was inoculated. He said the vaccine underwent the necessary tests and was shown to provide lasting immunity to the coronavirus, although Russian authorities have offered no proof to back up claims of safety or effectiveness.

“I know it has proven efficient and forms a stable immunity,” Putin said. “We must be grateful to those who made that first step very important for our country and the entire world.”

However, scientists in Russia and other countries sounded an alarm, saying that rushing to offer the vaccine before final-stage testing could backfire. What’s called a Phase 3 trial — which involves tens of thousands of people and can take months — is the only way to prove if an experimental vaccine is safe and really works.

So basically Phase 3 testing will be done on the Russian population.

For their sake, and I guess the entire worlds sake, I hope it works.

I'll believe it when the Kremlin denies it.

That's always shown to be the safest approach.

So basically Phase 3 testing will be done on the Russian population.

That's one way of putting it (and not necessarily an inaccurate one at that).

On the other hand, it does appear to be slightly more positive than "Let tens of thousands die because it is inconvenient (read as "might lower the amount of profit I can make") to do anything to try and prevent them dying." - doesn't it?

For their sake, and I guess the entire worlds sake, I hope it works.[/QUOTE]

Simply can’t be possible.

He’s either lying and fully preparing to offer a placebo to the nation (he also did not actually give it to his daughter).

Or he’s fully prepared to put a untested vaccine out there and cause massive unforeseen issues or it’s simply ineffective (he also did not actually give it to his daughter).

In either case he crossed from murderous, cold, calculating autocrat, to insane dictator pretty quick with this one.

If/when the US government approves a vaccine, is that also "insane"?

Back
Top Bottom