• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia [President Vladimir Putin] hands 'conservatives/Republicans a big win-win.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Gotta love it!

First, the 'loyal opposition' has been hard at work lambasting President Joseph Biden for rising gas prices. Then, they continued to castigate him, but for failing to halt the importation of Russian petroleum, raw and processed. Finally, when he did order such a halt, gas prices inevitably rose and they can return to their original line of attack.

This observer of the passing parade will be checking some of the 'conservative' AM radio show hosts and their call-in enablers to see how often rising prices at the pump are mentioned and whether President Biden is blamed for them.

Gotta love it!

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Last edited:
Gotta love it!

First, the 'loyal opposition' has been hard at work lambasting President Joseph Biden for rising gas prices. Then, they continued to castigate him, but for failing to halt the importation of Russian petroleum, raw and processed. Finally, when he did order such a halt, gas prices inevitably rose and they can return to their original line of attack.

This observer of the passing parade will be checking some of the 'conservative' AM radio show hosts and their call-in enablers to see how often rising prices at the pump are mentioned and whether President Biden is blamed for them.

Gotta love it!

Though you might be correct, your gleefulness is embarrassing.

Hi, jnug!

My 'Gotta love it!' was tongue in cheek. I doubt if that will be detectable in comments on AM talk radio shows today. Or tomorrow, for that matter.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Hi, jnug!

My 'Gotta love it!' was tongue in cheek. I doubt if that will be detectable in comments on AM talk radio shows today. Or tomorrow, for that matter.

Then use a smilie face or some damned thing. They are right up in the icon bar for every post over on the right hand side.

Then use a smilie face or some damned thing. They are right up in the icon bar for every post over on the right hand side.

Hi again!

The audience I'm writing to on this forum can 'get' intent absent smiley faces. You will also note that I don't make statements through memes. There's a reason.

Humorous snark can be a close call. Always making it obvious with a smilie takes away the art of wit. Sometimes I follow with, instead of a smilie, an "Ex post facto SNARK warning!" I would prefer to take my chances. The context of this OP was quite obvious, IMO. Nonetheless, Poe's Law, an internet adage, states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extreme views will, to some readers, be indistinguishable from sincere expressions of the parodied views. The original statement, by Nathan Poe, read: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article." In Poe's case, the discussion was of creationism.

Biden needs to get clear and tell the country that high gas prices are a price to support Ukraine - that he could lower them tomorrow by buying Russian oil that would help Putin continue the war. And ask people to help Ukraine by paying more for gas. If he doesn't make that clear, he'll just get angry voters who oppose Democrats.

The Russia/ Ukraine matter is in it's infancy, more and more entities are joining in the sanctions.

A slow methodical response is happening against Putin. Gasoline prices, the high prices could change quickly.

Interesting, during covid shutdowns fuel usage went way down and prices followed. Doesn't that cause the lightbulb to light in Americans heads, that alternative energy, less fossil fuel usage will also drive prices down? Supply and demand.

Biden in a few months may look like a hero.

Update!

As of about 8:30 AM EST, 3/9/2022, I tuned in to radio station WABC AM, 770 kHz. Someone on the station was busy blaming President Joseph Biden for the increase in gasoline prices. In addition, it was stated that President Biden wanted the war so that he could use the price increases to eliminate the fossil fuel industry in the name of global warming. It was also insinuated that global warming was a hoax.

So much for my wryly humorous prediction. I would much rather that it was not so readily verified.

The United States of America is waging a 'war' against Russia [President Vladimir Putin] through economic means as opposed to the use of traditional military forces. Such an effort will produce strains in the US economy. That in turn means that we, the American public, will have to experience some degree of discomfort as the price of attempting to defend the freedom of Ukraine to remain a sovereign nation. In defense of this policy, returning body bags are few and the risk of an atomic war is small.

Back
Top Bottom