• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia plans to seize assets of western companies that pull out

What will this mean for Russia in the long run?

question a bit vague.
How long a run are we talking? Will Russia even exist if it's a long enough run?

Assuming you mean 20+ years, I'd say it depends what they do in Ukraine and how that whole shitshow ends, and then what the consequences for them are. If somehow we reach a point where diplomatic and trade relations resume with relative normalcy, maybe part of that is giving such things back.

Businesses won't want to go back or invest in Russia regardless of whether the sanctions end or not. Russia will be economically crippled by a lack of foreign investment until Putin is removed from power and Russia rebuilds some level of trust and stability.

Businesses won't want to go back or invest in Russia regardless of whether the sanctions end or not. Russia will be economically crippled by a lack of foreign investment until Putin is removed from power and Russia rebuilds some level of trust and stability.
That's going to be many decades.

The ice cream machines at McDonald's never work anyway.

Nothing good. Stagnation, backwardness, isolation, suspicion and paranoia. Basically, the Russia we all know and love from the days of Stalin. Picture North Korea, except bigger.

It's merely retaliation of other countries seizing Russian assets. We've also lost way more money to China's economic thefts but companies still do business with them.

It's merely retaliation of other countries seizing Russian assets.

The seizing of Russian assets are retaliation for an unjust invasion of a sovereign state and the murder of its civilians. FK showing where his priorities lie. More concern over billionaires' yachts than Ukrainian families being raped and murdered.

Judging from the interviews of Russians I've seen on the street that's gonna be a while. Holy shit they need some major deprogramming.

Judging from the interviews of Russians I've seen on the street that's gonna be a while. Holy shit they need some major deprogramming.

Getting a Russian to believe the West isn’t out to destroy Russia is like trying to get a Hare Krishna to renounce his belief in Vishnu.

So other countries can seize Russian assets but not the other way around?
There is a difference. Russia plans to take the assets, change ownership and use them for themselves. The west blocks the use of the assets but the ownership doesn't change and noone will use any assets.

That's going to be many decades.

Then that's what it's going to be. I'm sure as hell not going to have anything to do with any business that has anything to do with Russia... not until they depose that human tumor Putin and make a crap-load of reparations to Ukraine.

Getting a Russian to believe the West isn’t out to destroy Russia is like trying to get a Hare Krishna to renounce his belief in Vishnu.

Well, I'll call that a self-fulfilling prophecy then.

I didn't want to destroy Russia before this.

I do now.

Surprise surprise. FK running defense with pathetic whataboutisms for the fascist butcher.
Surprise you write the dumbest and most pathetic attempt at smearing you can think of that only one who has lobotomized themselves with a toilet brush could see as valid.

The seizing of Russian assets are retaliation for an unjust invasion of a sovereign state and the murder of its civilians. FK showing where his priorities lie. More concern over billionaires' yachts than Ukrainian families being raped and murdered.
Oh...it's Ukraine siezing those assets? Support your statement.

Surprise you write the dumbest and most pathetic attempt at smearing you can think of that only one who has lobotomized themselves with a toilet brush could see as valid.

A 'smear' would imply something is false. And yet you fail to point out what is false.

Oh...it's Ukraine siezing those assets? Support your statement.

You seem like you'd be one of those who'd stand around and watch on the playground as the bully beat up the defenseless kid. Not your fight, right? But keep seething over other countries seizing those billionaire yachts while not giving a shit about Russia's war crimes.

Back
Top Bottom