• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia plans to annex large parts of eastern Ukraine, warns U.S. official

Do you speak Russian?

It is a simple question.

Nyet.

There are enough realtime interprertations of his many speeches, why are you going down this extremely childish route in order to avoid backing the claims of someone else who hasn't been able to back them either? No prizes for guessing.

Gaslighting now lol

Your commentary is truly rubbish and your willingness to embarrass yourself with it, breathtaking

And now the “gaslighting” excuse-making. Absolutely any excuse to avoid answering a relevant question.

I never made the claim , so there is no onus on me to back something I never claimed.

You are not playing the same game as me lol. You are making claims and then running away from them when you are asked to back them. You should stick to what you are good at, trolling posts bereft of debating value

You made the claim and are now hiding behind the partisan hacks I mentioned. See how stupid your claims look now you are left exposed as being incapable of backing them?

Now you are being downright dishonest again. You have indeed made th claim, over and over and over, that Putin did NOT intend to take Kiev in a swift manner. Just one dishonesty after another. No wonder you have zero credibility. Now you are outright LYING by saying that you never made such a claim. Do you have any shame at all?

Nyet.

There are enough realtime interprertations of his many speeches, why are you going down this extremely childish route in order to avoid backing the claims of someone else who hasn't been able to back them either? No prizes for guessing.

What does EVERY ANALYST say about Putin’s goals in invading Ukraine? You are backing away from this relevant question with your childish “Putin say” dodge. Yet more total dishonesty on your part, and no one is the least bit surprised.

Russia plans to annex large parts of eastern Ukraine, warns U.S. official

iu

This was Putin's plan all along ..... to forcibly steal as much territory from Ukraine as he can.
And landlock the rest so that they'd have to come crawling to Russia just to have an economy.

That map looks correct to me, because that's the part of Ukraine than has a majority of ethnic Russians, who wish to get out from under Ukrainian rule.
Citation of pro-Russian majority in all of those areas. Or we can just cut to the chase and have you admit you pulled that out of your ass and can't back it up. We'll just sit back and wait for your dodge.

Now you are being downright dishonest again. You have indeed made th claim, over and over and over, that Putin did NOT intend to take Kiev in a swift manner. Just one dishonesty after another. No wonder you have zero credibility. Now you are outright LYING by saying that you never made such a claim. Do you have any shame at all?

Not at all good at debating are you? Best stick to trolling, it's what you're actually limited to do, even if you remain unaware of it..

The subject matter is what Putin's " expectations" were, not what his intentions were. Subtle but crucial difference that people who are honestly here for discussion would be well aware of which just goes to show that you are not here for debate, you are here to troll. I get it, play to your strengths lol

What does EVERY ANALYST say about Putin’s goals in invading Ukraine? You are backing away from this relevant question with your childish “Putin say” dodge. Yet more total dishonesty on your part, and no one is the least bit surprised.

See what happens when your claims are challenged? You go to bits because you can't actually think for yourself and choose only to parrot msm hacks, like I stated earlier.

You have failed to show ANY evidence to support your claim about what Putin's expectations for the invasion have been and it was always going to be the case because you are lost to the " analysts" in the western msm .

Stick to trolling.

You have failed to show ANY evidence to support your claim about what Putin's expectations for the invasion have been and it was always going to be the case because you are lost to the " analysts" in the western msm .

I mean its pretty clear that the Russians expected a quick and decisive victory.

Trying to make a distinction between expectation and intentions designed to lead to their fulfillment seems pretty silly.

"I expect to take Kyiv but I'll design my actions to a different goal".

Truly daft but not surprising from anyone otherwise incapable of arguing with even the remotest application of logic.

I mean its pretty clear that the Russians expected a quick and decisive victory.

You fought, illegally, in both Afghanistan and Iraq for nearly 20 years and never won. For over a decade in Vietnam and never won. I don't think the Russians expected to attain victory in Ukraine, whatever that is, in the time frame westerners were giving at the outset. That they might be surprised with the dogged resistance and slow pace of certain parts of the operational aims for sure but I don't believe they think they could have conquered and occupied to victory, the entire territory known as Ukraine.

My feeling is that the Russians cannot win in Ukraine but they can certainly destroy the state in a ongoing war. The Ukrainians cannot win either, not in any meaningful way imo. Does it look like Afghanistan won looking at it today? Or Iraq?

Trying to make a distinction between expectation and intentions designed to lead to their fulfillment seems pretty silly.

"I expect to take Kyiv but I'll design my actions to a different goal".

Truly daft but not surprising from anyone otherwise incapable of arguing with even the remotest application of logic.

People can have an intention without a concrete expectation of how that will actually play out, especially in such quagmires as the invasion of an entire country. So obvious really but you are compelled to create your own reality based on your own jealousies/insecurities hence the poor commentary you provide imo

And not overcome with the childish attempt to cloak any such argument in ad-homs towards anyone challenging it.

And not overcome with the childish attempt to cloak any such argument in ad-homs towards anyone challenging it.

Nope, the logic in reply 189 is solid. You want to live in your fantasy world, be my guest

I don't think the Russians expected to attain victory in Ukraine, whatever that is, in the time frame westerners were giving at the outset.

What are you basing that off of?

You fought, illegally, in both Afghanistan and Iraq for nearly 20 years and never won. For over a decade in Vietnam and never won. I don't think the Russians expected to attain victory in Ukraine, whatever that is, in the time frame westerners were giving at the outset. That they might be surprised with the dogged resistance and slow pace of certain parts of the operational aims for sure but I don't believe they think they could have conquered and occupied to victory, the entire territory known as Ukraine.

My feeling is that the Russians cannot win in Ukraine but they can certainly destroy the state in a ongoing war. The Ukrainians cannot win either, not in any meaningful way imo. Does it look like Afghanistan won looking at it today? Or Iraq?

Whataboutism.

People can have an intention without a concrete expectation of how that will actually play out, especially in such quagmires as the invasion of an entire country. So obvious really but you are compelled to create your own reality based on your own jealousies/insecurities hence the poor commentary you provide imo

Psychological projection BIGTIME!

Not at all good at debating are you? Best stick to trolling, it's what you're actually limited to do, even if you remain unaware of it..

The subject matter is what Putin's " expectations" were, not what his intentions were. Subtle but crucial difference that people who are honestly here for discussion would be well aware of which just goes to show that you are not here for debate, you are here to troll. I get it, play to your strengths lol

As it so happens, a “distinction” without a difference. Are you claiming that Putin intended to take Kiev quickly, but did not expect to? That is a parse that makes not a bit of sense. Why would he commit to war without EXPECTING his “intentions” to come to fruition. You have once again gone way off the deep end in your attempt to try to justify your initial totally ridiculous claim.

See what happens when your claims are challenged? You go to bits because you can't actually think for yourself and choose only to parrot msm hacks, like I stated earlier.

Stick to trolling.

No one is “going to bits” except you, as you so often do when your ridiculous claims are effectively challenged. The reason that you are doing so this time is because you don’t have an iota of evidence that Putin did not intend to take Kiev in a blitzkrieg style. I have noted that analysts, including expat Russians, have noted it to be true, against your silly “I think” claim. Who should I trust, them or you? The answer is easy.

I see far more junky claims coming from your side than I do coming from the Russian side. I know it is wholly fashionable, virtually socially mandatory, to dye your testicles blue and yellow and show them to the world in a bid at a little virtue signalling but the stories imo don't really add up.

I don't see why Russia would want anything to do with occupying swathes of western/northern Ukraine for the long term. The south has to be the real aim imo both to secure the viability of a Russian Crimea and to split Ukraine from the western/Kiev leadership. Odesa too will likely be a targeted city that will become a focus at some point in the future.

To recap, I have seen no real concrete evidence to suggest that the taking and occupation of Kiev was a serious Russian aim.
So those Russian and Ukrainian lives were spent for nothing?

Just because it was a stupid move doesn't mean Russia didn't make it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom