• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia or Ukraine - which side are you on?

• clearly for Ukraine

Votes: 117 83.0%
  • more or less for Ukraine

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • neutral

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • more or less for Russia

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • clearly for Russia

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

You have several options.

Not just for or against

There's no benefit to the Russian people. It's a regime land-grabbing. One is with Ukrainians or one is with a bloody land-grabbing regime.

You have several options.

Not just for or against
As someone from a country that is in the line of fire...politically and economically...tell us which side YOU are on.

(I answered your poll...Neutral.)

The March of the Ukrainian Nation

One of those who are proud of not knowing anything about the rest of the world outside the USA?
Why is Russia and Ukraine worth potentially billions of American tax dollars and thousands of American lives? In other words why should my country go further into debt because of Russia and Ukraine and why are those two countries worth the lives of my fellow countrymen?

Why is Russia and Ukraine worth potentially billions of American tax dollars and thousands of American lives? In other words why should my country go further into debt because of Russia and Ukraine and why are those two countries worth the lives of my fellow countrymen?
There are trillions at stake in Ukraine -- world's centre for money laundering .
Here we might see the narrative change to clearing the swamp of the Biden and Pelosi Crime Families plus Gay boy Obama and his husband and the evil Clinton trio .
It could change everything forever and give is something clean and worthwhile.

There are trillions at stake in Ukraine -- world's centre for money laundering .
Here we might see the narrative change to clearing the swamp of the Biden and Pelosi Crime Families plus Gay boy Obama and his husband and the evil Clinton trio .
It could change everything forever and give is something clean and worthwhile.
That T-14 isn’t going to warm itself up………..

• Total voters 9
4 x clearly Ukraine
1 x clearly Russia

Because if we let them take another step like this, they might do it again, and to some place that causes more issue.

Block them now so they know they can't just do what they want?

One thing I've learned: I see now why Trump and Putin are such good friends. They share a lot of human psychological characteristics.
Like today..Putin says...We have to defend ourselves..They forced us to ... blah..blah ..Lies.
That's exactly what Trump would say. As Putin was rambling out that ton of Bullshit lies, I came to the realization that just like Trump..
Putin thinks everybody else is like the proverbial dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks.

War rarely ever does anything productive other than to show how stupid nationalism is.

Bunch of Russian teenagers are about to die cause their commander in chief is a goddamn madman. And a bunch of Ukrainian teenagers are about to die cause they were born into a country that neighbors the one ruled by a goddamn madman.

I don't see a real question here for real Americans. Are you in favor of a democracy, even in fledgling or are you in favor of ruthless dictator? If you voted Russia, you should "have yourr head examined" as you have issues. You clearly do not stand for or with your own country.

All the world's a stage.

Putin wouldn't do something like this without being told to do it.

It makes sense that the Establishment would gin up another war; or, if not war some other destabilizing, distracting gambit.

More terrorism is in the works I'm sure. More viruses, more economic upheaval, more social "agitation".

The same plays from the same playbook. And why not? So few people ever catch on... there's no downside for the Establishment.

I don't see a real question here for real Americans. Are you in favor of a democracy, even in fledgling or are you in favor of ruthless dictator? If you voted Russia, you should "have yourr head examined" as you have issues. You clearly do not stand for or with your own country.
I am for keeping us, the USA, the **** out of some insane assed war over the Ukraine!

All the world's a stage.

Putin wouldn't do something like this without being told to do it.

It makes sense that the Establishment would gin up another war; or, if not war some other destabilizing, distracting gambit.

More terrorism is in the works I'm sure. More viruses, more economic upheaval, more social "agitation".

The same plays from the same playbook. And why not? So few people ever catch on... there's no downside for the Establishment.
Yeah there is this secret global conspiracy that stands to benefit from instability, another pandemic, and sky high oil prices.... ffs

I am for keeping us, the USA, the **** out of some insane assed war over the Ukraine!
I was not advocating otherwise. I believe what we are doing is all that we can do, except I would like to see my fellow Americans actually being Americans, which would include being united against Russian aggressors here. I am shocked that the people, starting with Trump, Pompeo, Carlson and many of our fellow DP poster that are providing aid and comfort to the Russians, who are not America's friends, in this case or just about any case.

If war is inevitable, let's make sure we give the Ukrainians whatever they can use to kill as many Russians as possible. Both for the deterrent effect, and because we still owe Ivan 43,000 body bags from Vietnam (paid him 15,000 in Afghanistan in 1980's).

The Ukraine has its problems with corruption, but Russia is kind of in its own league in that regard. I know and work with people in Ukraine, but even if I didn't, there's zero chance I'd side with Putin on this issue or virtually any other issue. I also find it amusing that many people who hate the USA military interventions and invasions (the anti-neocon wing of the Republican party) have no problem with that of Russia.

I suspect it's because Russia represents everything they want in a government: A strongman-nationalist sitting at the top of a kleptocracy. And what is Russia if not a fascist state?

Back
Top Bottom