• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia or Ukraine - which side are you on?

• clearly for Ukraine

Votes: 117 83.0%
  • more or less for Ukraine

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • neutral

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • more or less for Russia

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • clearly for Russia

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Anyone who vot5es for Russia is a traitor.

I have been on Ukraine's side since the Crimea war in 2014.
You are technically incorrect.
Constitutionally speaking, it is only possible for someone to be a traitor to the USA if they actively help an enemy, specifically by actually raising forces to fight against the USA (levying war), or actively helping an enemy (giving aid and comfort).
Anything less does not qualify as treason, under current legal interpretation of the constitution.

This conflict has been going on since the breakup of the USSR. There are huge enclaves of Russians living in Ukraine. The elections in Ukraine have been corrupt and the balance of power has swung wildly back and forth between those aligned with Russia and those aligned with western Europe. The bad blood in the oblasts that are half Russian population has gotten worse and worse, with violence on both sides. There is no solution to this problem. Ukraine is the border state between the remnant of the USSR (Russia) and Nato. Nobody will be the winner.

there is only one side, Ukraine was an independent country and Russia invaded them
short of the USA launching a massive-and I mean MASSIVE attack designed to completely eliminate Russia from the earth, can the USA do a damn thing about this nastiness from Putin?

short of the USA launching a massive-and I mean MASSIVE attack designed to completely eliminate Russia from the earth, can the USA do a damn thing about this nastiness from Putin?
It is not the USAs place to go to war with Russia over Ukraine. It would have to come from the neighbors like Poland and Romania. It is their regional interest that is being threatened.

Last edited:
It is not the USAs lace to go to war with Russia over Ukraine. It would have to come from the neighbors like Poland and Romania. It is their regional interest that is being threatened.
I was not supporting the USA attacking Russia, I was merely asking OTHER than that, what can be done?

Now Putin has attacked Ukraine!

Now that Putin has attacked the Ukraine, that is one more reason to be on the side of the Ukraine.

Now 27 out of 31 say: Clearly for Ukraine! (y)(y)(y)

At this time of day most people in the US are still asleep, I think.
Here it is about 10 minutes before twelve.

Because if we let them take another step like this, they might do it again, and to some place that causes more issue.

Block them now so they know they can't just do what they want?
So we should waste billions of our tax dollars and potentially thousands of our fellow countrymen's lives because they might attack another country we don't really care about?

• Total voters 34
24 x clearly for Ukraine
07 x neutral
02 x clearly for Russia

I don't see a real question here for real Americans. Are you in favor of a democracy, even in fledgling or are you in favor of ruthless dictator? If you voted Russia, you should "have yourr head examined" as you have issues. You clearly do not stand for or with your own country.

Indeed. Putin isn't just interested in controlling Ukraine. He wants to undermine democracy in our country and others. He is an existential threat to us.

You have several options.

Not just for or against
Generally I side with neither, both sides have grievences and it is a slavic family squabble that they should themselves deal with, every attempt to bring in outside help has just inflamed the situation.

Agree. @Rumpel why not make these polls public so we can see how people voted? There's no reason these have to be a secret ballot.
I usually start all my polls as anonymous polls.
I think it is not so important who voted for what - but to see where the majority is.

Trump says Putin did a 'genius' thing by invading.......so now the Trumpers will start conjuring up reasons to agree......and what they would say and think if we decided to invade Canada

Generally I side with neither, both sides have grievences and it is a slavic family squabble that they should themselves deal with, every attempt to bring in outside help has just inflamed the situation.
so you have no qualms about Putin deciding to invade his neighbor nations........seems that was the general consensus of Americans when Hitler invaded Poland.....and then the rest of Europe

Trump says Putin did a 'genius' thing by invading.......so now the Trumpers will start conjuring up reasons to agree......and what they would say and think if we decided to invade Canada
Trump would probably declare: "Make Canada great again!" - and say that he is sending troops to help those Canadians with it ....

Not just for or against
That no good orange bitch was on Fox last night talking about elections and insulting our president as Russian tanks were rolling.
Even during an invasion Fox plants seed of hate in it's viewers.

The conduct of Trump and Fox, as bad as it has been over the years, the last two weeks have become no pretense. Just flat out anti-American propaganda.

An ex-President saying the crap he said at a time like this beyond anything anyone could have ever imagined.

Sickening. Totally sickening.

Why is Russia and Ukraine worth potentially billions of American tax dollars and thousands of American lives? In other words why should my country go further into debt because of Russia and Ukraine and why are those two countries worth the lives of my fellow countrymen?

Stopping countries like Russia from taking over other nations is in our best interest. Why wait until they are at US borders?

Furthermore - governments should be stopped from mass murder which is what this will be. As a world, we should be willing to stand up and do what is right not just turn a blind eye. Why care about what isn't happening inside your home or city? How does Florida or New York ect matter? A man murdering someone who isn't you? Protesters in cities that aren't yours? Things don't happen in a bubble.

Not just for or against

I can't believe their are 8 coward... I mean "neutral" votes.

I guarantee all support Trump. Guarantee.

What a cult.

Yeah there is this secret global conspiracy that stands to benefit from instability, another pandemic, and sky high oil prices.... ffs
Well, your first clue should be that the Russian Central Bank, the Bank of Russia, is a member of BIS.

What are the odds the financial powers that control BIS try to deter Putin??

You guys need to read - you really have no idea what is going on. You probably don't even know what BIS is.

Back
Top Bottom