• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia 'meddled in all big social media' in US election, says report

Just waiting for it to slowly dawn on the anti-Trumpers that the Steele dossier was the most successful Russian disinformation campaign of all, and that they played a major role in its success.

I'm waiting (in vain, no doubt) for them to realize they created the exact cluster**** that Russia was shooting for.

I know a whole slew of stupid american voters that voted on the grounds of fake memes russians created. Like ones claiming HRC supported last day abortion. Or the nonsense about Soros.

I am absolutely disgusted the "patriot" party is OK with foreign countries buying and spreading political ads to influence our elections.

I really, really am. I cannot, for the life of me, fathom how the warhawk party is somehow OK with this.

I guess we're going to have to make illegal to post bull**** on Facebook. Get it cleared through a government fact checker?

No, All Americans need the protection of our laws. You most of all. Foreign govt.s are forbidden to meddle in our elections and the Americans that helped them are traitors.

Yeah, let's repeal the 1st Amendment, so the government can protect us.

How do you know that? You believe plenty of Trump's propaganda. I bet you even believed Hillary was running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor. I know you believe Hilary cheated Bernie out of the nomination. Don't you? How about Mexico paying for the wall?

I know because I don't believe ANY propaganda. Not from twitter, not from facebook, not from any social media...and certainly not from the mainstream media and their echo chamber.

And yes...Hillary and the DNC torpedoed Sanders...not that I care.

Whether Mexico pays for the wall depends upon Congress. I don't hold out much hope. But...if Congress wanted to, they could easily make Mexico pay.

You see...that's the difference between you and I. I depend upon reason and facts. You are swayed by propaganda...probably Russian propaganda, as well.

Yeah, let's repeal the 1st Amendment, so the government can protect us.

Why do want to protect the "rights" of foreign interests and adversaries? Do think our Govt. should be for sale? Our Founders most certainly did not.

Facts sure are pesky.

That's where the "alternate facts" come in. Saying that reminded me that "Alternate Facts" are actually a "thing" now and they are all over this board. Strange times.

You are helping my argument by saying he meddled in the election in order to get sanctions lifted......what was that quote from Einstein about repeating the same actions and expecting different results?

As far as what changed, you are advocating for crippling sanctions on Russia. What do you think happens once they reach desperation? If you force them into a corner where they feel they have no other choice but to respond with war then deterrence is no longer an obstacle as they have no other avenue to move forward.

You have yet to answer what sanctions would be appropriate for the world to enact on the US.

LOL We have fought multiple proxy wars with Moscow when Russia was the USSR and much larger and more menacing and if that didn't start WWIII sanctions are certainly not. You and Putin are bluffing and I call it. Russia is nothing but a puny 3rd world country with a 3rd World economy and they can't use their nukes without us turning their cities to glass.... You expect us to be scared of that?

We would of course get our allies to also impose their own sanctions on Putin. Russia would hopefully reciprocate and refuse to sell us the 10 billion in oil they sold us this year. We have an 8 billion $ trade deficit with them so that would help us improve our trade imbalance. We can't stand nations that we have trade deficits with...right?

Last edited:
I'm waiting (in vain, no doubt) for them to realize they created the exact cluster**** that Russia was shooting for.

Ever aided by the Dems and their DNC propaganda arm, AKA the US media.

LOL We have fought multiple proxy wars with Moscow when Russia was the USSR and much larger and more menacing and if that didn't start WWIII sanctions are certainly not. You and Putin are bluffing and I call it. Russia is nothing but a puny 3rd world country with a 3rd World economy and they can't use their nukes without us turning their cities to glass.... You expect us to be scared of that?

We would of course get our allies to also impose their own sanctions on Putin. Russia would hopefully reciprocate and refuse to sell us the 10 billion in oil they sold us this year. We have an 8 billion $ trade deficit with them so that would help us improve our trade imbalance. We can't stand nations that we have trade deficits with...right?

The whole trade deficit thing is idiotic

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46590890

Russia allegedly used every major social media platform to influence the 2016 US election, a report claims.

Research is expected to say YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram and PayPal - as well as Facebook and Twitter - were leveraged to spread propaganda.
=====================================
The 2 reports to be published this week paint a dark picture of a highly organized & skilled effort by Russian military intelligence to influence the 2016 in Trump's favor. With the narrow margin of his victory, the Russian effort paid off apparently. Putin got what he wanted: chaos & discord in the U.S. government.

'Its authors criticise the "belated and uncoordinated response" by tech firms.' Social media was successfully weaponized by the Russians.

The most important element in these reports is that the Russian effort is continuing with an apparent objective of influencing the 2020 election in Trump's favor.

Then why exactly are leftists doing their best to perpetuate the discord and keep it alive?
By their actions, I would say they are the puppets of the Kremlin and doing all they can to stir up trouble in any way they can.
All the while they say they are fighting for freedom as they hurl the insults and rocks.

How many "Trumpkin" insults did I read just today?
It is you guys who are the ones perpetuating all the discord.
Then denying it as you are doing it.

Last edited:
I guess we're going to have to make illegal to post bull**** on Facebook. Get it cleared through a government fact checker?

Russian nationals do not have freedom of speech or freedom of expression under our constitution. Those rights extend only to citizens. Why are you not ok with illegal immigrants taking jobs, but you are OK with Russians, on command of Moscow, interjecting themselves into our process of free speech?

I get it. It's a difficult position to be in. But at the end of the day, those memes and lies -did- sway public opinion. And ignoring it is not only the height of hypocrisy, it's evil.

Aren’t these companies privately owned and they can do whatever they want, isn’t that what liberals tell us conservatives all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are privately owned. You lot love them because they got your boy elected, but, you hate them now that they have decided to silence lies and bull**** like that retard on Infowars.

I know at least 30 or 40 people who voted for Trump, and at the time of the election discussed it. To a person, the reason they voted for Trump was to vote against Hillary.

Half of them don't even use social media, and since the election in conversations on the subject, not one of them did it because they were persuaded to by ads on the bloody internet.

I am happy for you. My experience is the opposite. I know plenty of folks that voted for trump because they believed the lies these memes proposed about Hillary. Moreover, you do realize people discuss things they see on FB outside of FB? I know people who discussed the lies they saw. You think that **** doesn't filter out to the general public, including those people you know who voted against Hillary because of some bogus lie?

You should be more disgusted with those stupid American voters. I mean, seriously, do you want the kind of people who would get sucked into online scams to be the ones electing our leaders and representatives?

I'm disgusted with folks who claim to be patriots defending the rights of SOME foreigners, while blasting the rights of others.

Russians don't have freedom of speech or expression under our constitution unless they legally immigrate and become citizens. The sole reason you lot are ok with it is because it got you Trump, the crime boss potus.

Russian nationals do not have freedom of speech or freedom of expression under our constitution. Those rights extend only to citizens. Why are you not ok with illegal immigrants taking jobs, but you are OK with Russians, on command of Moscow, interjecting themselves into our process of free speech?

I get it. It's a difficult position to be in. But at the end of the day, those memes and lies -did- sway public opinion. And ignoring it is not only the height of hypocrisy, it's evil.

What should be done to stop it? Should all foreigners be banned from posting on United states based websites?

Why do want to protect the "rights" of foreign interests and adversaries? Do think our Govt. should be for sale? Our Founders most certainly did not.

Should all foreigners be banned from engaging in American politics?

What should be done to stop it? Should all foreigners be banned from posting on United states based websites?

I don't know. But I'd like to have my conservative brothers and sisters on board with me, trying to fix the issue, instead of trying to ignore it because it got your boy elected. At the end of the day, interference into our electoral process isn't allowed by American Citizens in some cases. Why do Russians get a pass?

I would like to think FB and social media in general ought to be held accountable for whom they allow to post specific things. It's one thing for me to make up a meme - it's another for the Kremlin to direct and pay for people to make memes so they can undermine the integrity of NATO, which we -all- know is the Kremlin's true target.

I'm disgusted with folks who claim to be patriots defending the rights of SOME foreigners, while blasting the rights of others.

Russians don't have freedom of speech or expression under our constitution unless they legally immigrate and become citizens. The sole reason you lot are ok with it is because it got you Trump, the crime boss potus.

So...if a Russian writes an article...and an American newspaper prints it...you want the Russian to be prosecuted? The newspaper prosecuted? Both?

Seriously...do you even listen to yourself when you spout nonsense?

So...if a Russian writes an article...and an American newspaper prints it...you want the Russian to be prosecuted? The newspaper prosecuted? Both?

Seriously...do you even listen to yourself when you spout nonsense?

Spout nonsense? A foreign power paid russian nationals to specifically target a presidential candidate in a US election to ensure they got the man they wanted in office - and I am spouting nonsense by saying that should not happen?

What's nonsense is folks like you acting like this is no big deal. The Russians infected our electoral process to undermine NATO and the EU, which has always been the Russian's true goal. Of course, had the russians acted in the support of Hildabeast, I am sure you'd be singing a different tune.

Spout nonsense? A foreign power paid russian nationals to specifically target a presidential candidate in a US election to ensure they got the man they wanted in office - and I am spouting nonsense by saying that should not happen?

What's nonsense is folks like you acting like this is no big deal. The Russians infected our electoral process to undermine NATO and the EU, which has always been the Russian's true goal. Of course, had the russians acted in the support of Hildabeast, I am sure you'd be singing a different tune.

The nonsense is this: Russians don't have freedom of speech or expression under our constitution unless they legally immigrate and become citizens.

So tell me...who should be prosecuted? Russians? Facebook? Twitter? YouTube? All of them?

Or should we just go to war with Russia?

The nonsense is this: Russians don't have freedom of speech or expression under our constitution unless they legally immigrate and become citizens.

So tell me...who should be prosecuted? Russians? Facebook? Twitter? YouTube? All of them?

Or should we just go to war with Russia?

Do Russian nationals have freedom of speech under the us constitution? How about expression?

What's the penalty for an american citizen caught electioneering?

Prosecuted? Facebook and twitter executives. They allowed this to happen and the Kremlin ordered it. Why the hell do you think those suits are now dragging their asses to give up information on this russian campaign?

You guys need to get with the times. This isn't 1945, where we dropped leaflets on Germany to turn the tide against Hitler and support resistance to the Nazis.

This is the digital age. We need to do something to ensure malignant foreign powers do not have the access to infect our populace and our elections to their own benefit.

Back
Top Bottom