• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia looks poised to engage in indiscriminate bombing of Kiev tonight... These are war crimes

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The West needs to do more to help these courageous people.
Maybe it's time we call Putin's bluff and send in 100k troops with withering air power. We'd never be the first to launch nukes but if that f***er starts, we'll vaporize him and his rogue country.

This is bullshit and it's got to be stopped!

Maybe it's time we call Putin's bluff and send in 100k troops with withering air power. We'd never be the first to launch nukes but if that f***er starts, we'll vaporize him and his rogue country.

Take his armies, take his Country.

Take his armies, take his Country.
Works for me. I'm getting more and more infuriated with each passing minute.

I know drawing equivalences with Hitler are not fashionable but that's exactly what this goddamn shit is doing to his peace-loving democratic neighbors.

Someone needs to step up to the plate and bring him to his knees and that someone should be the USA and NATO. We must not be held hostage to the threat of nukes. We have a lot more with far more sophisticated delivery and targeting systems than they do.

Anything less and we might as well surrender to Russia right goddamn now.

Yes.

Remember how he used to strut in the Kremlin when those tall guards opened the door for him?

He no longer seems to be able to strut.

It's really time for the world to push him back into his lane.

It happened to Napoleon and Hitler.

Now it's time for Russia's latest czar.

P.S. What does Gorbachev think about the current mess?

Works for me. I'm getting more and more infuriated with each passing minute.

I know drawing equivalences with Hitler are not fashionable but that's exactly what this goddamn shit is doing to his peace-loving democratic neighbors.

Someone needs to step up to the plate and bring him to his knees and that someone should be the USA and NATO. We must not be held hostage to the threat of nukes. We have a lot more with far more sophisticated delivery and targeting systems than they do.

Anything less and we might as well surrender to Russia right goddamn now.
Yes exactly, I think NATO will act shortly, they're not going to give up Ukraine with the people putting up a fight.

Do you understand they have hundreds of nukes?

Yes, indeed, I do. But in the face of war crimes and an illegal and immoral invasion of a peace loving neighbor, would you suggest we cower in terror with our thumbs stuck up our collective asses?

And we have a lot more nukes with far, far better technology.

We must wrestle with how much risk of world destruction is acceptable. These are questions few people have been willing to engage in since 1945. People would prefer to pretend there is no such threat, especially since the "end" of the Cold War. The threat is there as long as nukes are there, and nobody is getting rid of nukes.

The only way I could possibly support hot war with Russia is if it stops at their borders, and I'm not sure stating things that I can support or not matters a goddamned rat's toenail in the grand scheme of things.

And this gets to what people have "forgotten": these people we elect, we give them power of life and death over us. You dig? They decide on nuclear war and we're dead. We need to internalize that. Our voting patterns say we think it's a joke.

We haven't bled recently and badly enough, is all.

We've been witnessing war crimes and yes, it's bullshit! When the Russian military targets schools and apartments, it's targeting innocent civilians. When a Russian tank soldier mows down a civilian in a car and then backs up over him, it's a war crime.
Putin deserves the same justice as Saddam. Hussein.

Last edited:

There are two governments that have 90% of the world's nuclear arsenal:

Russia - 6,255 nuclear warheads
United States of America - 5,550 nuclear warheads

China - 350 nuclear warheads
France - 290 nuclear warheads
United Kingdom - 225 nuclear warheads
Pakistan - 165 nuclear warheads
India - 156 nuclear warheads
Israel - 90 nuclear warheads
North Korea - none, but material to build 40-50 nuclear warheads

Just an FYI, although it would likely be a mutually vaporized, Putin may be at an advantage here, especially if we don't launch first.

Currently we are plying catch up in reference to state of the art delivery systems.

Wouldn't shock me that he does this. He and his military are getting humiliated on the international stage and more support keeps coming Ukraine's way so bombing now would be more advantageous chance to kill his opposition than after the support gets there.

Yes exactly, I think NATO will act shortly, they're not going to give up Ukraine with the people putting up a fight.
It sounds like NATO member states are going to provide arms to the Ukrainians - even ze Germans, who previously claimed they couldn't do so.

We've been witnessing war crimes and yes, it's bullshit! When the Russian military targets schools and apartments, it's targeting innocent civilians. When a Russian soldier mows down a civilian in a car and then backs up over him, it's a war crime.
They truly need to be held accountable. Vicious war crimes being committed.
Here is one:

Russian tank maliciously crushes civilian car with driver inside​

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/russian-tank-maliciously-crushes-civilian-car-with-driver-inside/

1645916815176.png

We've been witnessing war crimes and yes, it's bullshit! When the Russian military targets schools and apartments, it's targeting innocent civilians. When a Russian tank soldier mows down a civilian in a car and then backs up over him, it's a war crime.
So, what's with the brand new pro Soviet Union avatar Acadia?

I read they broke him out of there and rescued him.

Yes, indeed, I do. But in the face of war crimes and an illegal and immoral invasion of a peace loving neighbor, would you suggest we cower in terror with our thumbs stuck up our collective asses?

And we have a lot more nukes with far, far better technology.
It's not my right.

Why are not bombing china right now? They are commiting genocide.

Lots of coutries are commiting atrocities. It just doesn't make the news. Should we bomb them all?

Absolutely. The United States, at this point, should continue providing military aid (no American boots on the ground) and financial aid.
Maybe it's time we call Putin's bluff and send in 100k troops with withering air power.
Ukraine’s neighbors should be the ones to join in fighting.
We'd never be the first to launch nukes but if that f***er starts, we'll vaporize him and his rogue country.
Crazy talk.

It sounds like NATO member states are going to provide arms to the Ukrainians - even ze Germans, who previously claimed they couldn't do so.
Sure, that'll help, and NATO has to wait anyway, let the Ukranians defend themselves for a while, as long as they're doing well, keep them supplied and you don't have to get messed up, but you don't get any experience points either.

It's not my right.

Why are not bombing china right now? They are commiting genocide.

Lots of coutries are commiting atrocities. It just doesn't make the news. Should we bomb them all?
Your whataboutisms don't have much historical footing.
One key distinction, committing atrocities against your own people is really bad. Exporting your atrocities to victimize other sovereign nations is much worse. Moreover a leader focused only on the timea we acted when we shouldn't have, and the times we didn't act when we should have, would be paralyzed and useless as a leader. Good leadership deals with the here and the now.

Back
Top Bottom