• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia is Broke

80% chance of Russia defaulting on their debt

Ruble worth less than a Penny

Yes, I expect the Russian economy to collapse over the next year. Putin has painted himself into a corner. I don't think he can survive this blunder in the next 5 years.

Shut off his fossil fuels revenue. There will not be that much pain for the west for that long a time. Russia will collapse.

"EN" "Russia is brokEN"

Big oil is making record profits again and like to pretend they are struggling.

He'll be lucky to survive the next 5 weeks.

That strong of a bet?

:unsure:

The population is severely repressed. I don't know if it'll be enough for some time, if at all.

Yes, I expect the Russian economy to collapse over the next year. Putin has painted himself into a corner. I don't think he can survive this blunder in the next 5 years.
Stephen Collinson writes, Millions of lives could be destroyed to slake Vladimir Putin’s Cold War obsession.

Less than three weeks into Russia’s invasion of Ukraine – a historic outrage 30 years in the making – the world is looking on in horror at the barbarity, human tragedy, appalling destruction and worldwide reverberations sparked by one man’s orders.

Ukraine’s fate starkly underlines that even 20 years into the 21st century and despite the world’s vows to learn from history, a lone autocrat who has ruthlessly fashioned a political system to eliminate dissent and reality itself has the power to cause unfathomable human loss and misery.

Putin, Hitler-like, is bent on obliterating Ukraine, its cities, its infrastructure, its power supplies, and it’s people. Odessa is a Russian vacation spot for Russian leaders, leaders like Vladimir Putin. Putin is about to launch an amphibious assault on the hotels, restaurants, and spas.

The Russian people are a friendly lot. Only the oldest Bolsheviks believe the nonsense, the propaganda, spewing from the state owned media, theoretically the only source of news in Russia.

But it’s not. Despite Putin’s attempts to keep the truth from the Russian people, they are finding out what he is doing.

It is extremely doubtful they will approve. Will the military approve of the harm Putin is doing to Mother Russia, the Rodina? Some are confused as to why they are attacking and killing Ukrainian brethren. Some in the military have parents living in Ukraine ... or did. Several oligarchs have already rebelled against Putin’s war.

Putin is attacking Russian speaking peoples.

“I believe that Russians and Ukrainians are one people ... one nation, in fact. When these lands that are now the core of Ukraine joined Russia ... nobody thought of themselves as anything but Russians.” Putin

Russians believe that statement.

Toilet paper is worth more then the Ruble right now.
It's lost nearly 50 percent of its value this year and is falling badly, but that's not nearly as bad as some currencies, e.g., the Venezuelan Bolivar last year had the currency replaced by one with six fewer zeroes, so one new Bolivar = one million old Bolivars; the inflation rate last year was 686%.

80% chance of Russia defaulting on their debt

Ruble worth less than a Penny
I don’t understand this “Ruble is worth less than a penny” stuff that people have been parroting over and over. It was worth less than a penny before the invasion. It’s lost about half its value versus the USD. Yeah that’s tough but it’s holding value far better than I would have thought.

Back
Top Bottom