• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1][W:11][W:368] Russia invades Ukraine: Live Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Normal leftist blame shifting

You made a patently false claim, none of which you can, or should even try and refute.

So, the empty response is clearly all you have.

Own your disgrace. Your failed fuhrer is rooting for a Russian invasion, and some of trump nation is cheering for the Russians!

It’s amazing, Disgusting, and traitorous.

Yes, but more Democrats think we should side with Russia than Republicans. Seems, thankfully, that most people in America think that we should stay out and not get involved in a war.

That is complete made up BS.

Calling out your pathetic lies.

So, let’s see what excuse you have for siding with Russia?

A war with Russia would not start with a nuclear exchange. And if you’re signaling that you’re not prepared to take that risk then why do we have a nuclear Arsenal and what’s the point of NATO?

Study the Cold War before asking such stupid questions.

Well, according to people around here, we should just let him have what he can take because his nukes are scary.
never do the CHAMBERLAIN

I know it is hard ( in terms what you do)...But you can not Hitler 2.0 do this

We do have the capacity to. What you don't seem to realize is that we simply aren't willing to burn the world over Ukraine.
Then Putin has already won. Maybe when he invades somebody you care more about, you'll feel differently. Or maybe not.

You know Zelensky is offering free guns to people who ACTUALLY stand with Ukraine, I’m sure you can book a flight to Warsaw, rent a car, drive to the border, walk across and join territorial defense forces

Considering you love strong men like Franco, I am surprised you don't support a would-be new Czar like Putin.

he is Hitler
Not even close. This invasion is horrible but it makes sense from a historical Russian point of view. Putin thinks it was weak leadership that lead to the loss of this territory. He believes bad decisions were made and he wants to correct this. He also doesn't like the expansion eastward of NATO. I doubt he has plans to necessarily exterminate people except for those in his way.

Napoleon,

Can we start by acknowledging that Moscow's threshold for nuke usage is much lower than NATO's and that's just a facts-on-the-ground condition that binds the world?
Nobody knows the scenarios either side would use to trigger a launch. I think Russia is more likely to deploy tactical nukes on the battlefield and in the water if it’s conventional forces are failing, but I also think people should remember that after all this time and all of these conflicts and wars the United States remains the only country on Earth to detonate a nuclear weapon without regard for civilian casualties.

Newer generations forget the horror of war after a time period of peace has elapsed.

I expect that crippling cyber warfare will be where the US and or Europe mistakingly goes too far. And the US and Russia have the ability to shut down each other's power grids throwing the entire world into chaos.

Kremlin and Duma are offline.
Far as I know, Pentagon and Congress are fine.

"...he said don't despair they are fighting like hell.. they shot down 7 Russian fighter jets and are killing a lot of Russian soldiers he said they will never give up"

6:10 pm est

Study the Cold War before asking such stupid questions.
The Cold War was run by people who were willing to vaporize Russia if they stepped a toe out of line. Not by cowards who are so afraid of Russia’s nuclear Arsenal that they back off their red lines and let Russia run roughshod over Eastern Europe.

Nobody knows the scenarios either side would use to trigger a launch. I think Russia is more likely to deploy tactical nukes on the battlefield and in the water if it’s conventional forces are failing, but I also think people should remember that after all this time and all of these conflicts and wars the United States remains the only country on Earth to detonate a nuclear weapon without regard for civilian casualties.
Let"s separate out that I think Hiroshima and Nagasaki were war crimes.

If we can agree that the Russians will use nukes, for slight provocations, doesn't it follow that NATO has to act like it's true?

IF Putin goes into NATO territory....****...let us hope he will not...but who knows?
Then if he does that, start knocking out Russian Satellites... I'm sure there is intel on which ones that could be targeted to shut down critical communication and surveillance capabilities.

Sanction China, if they try to circumvent the sanction by use of Chinese Currency to facilitate Russian Trade.

I would like to see an uprising in Russia by the people, to topple the Putin Autocracy, people are not so submissively understanding and forgiving when their sons and daughters come home in black plastic bags.
Fact is, the truth is not being told of the daily challenges that poor Russian are faced with, not the crushing fleecing they are undergoing by the Oligarch's who control so many areas of Public Services, Utilities and Other Attributes.
War is not a video game, where you just click a button and get a replacement soldier...
Real People, have extended family!!!!

It won't take very long before Russian people come to the realization, 'Invading Ukraine does not and will not improve the daily lives of the average working class Russian, all they will see is son's and daughters coming home broken and damaged for life and some not coming home, because "we know" and if we don't we should not, "No Nation" has moved to create the systems for the levels of care that give the better quality of life to wounded veterans. They have to fight another battle to get the benefits they need for their life and their family.

Look at Facts: Russia does not have the GDP to meet the needs of the War Damaged Soldiers. This awareness will hit within the population with eye opening clarity, along with the economic of the working class being severely impacted by this invasion of Ukraine.

Stat
russia.svg
Russia
united-states.svg
United States
GDP$1.7T$20.5T
GDP growth, 1 year2.3%2.9%
GDP growth, 5-years average0.5%2.4%
Population146.8M325.1M
GDP per capita$11k$63k
GDP per capita growth2.26%2.29%
Purchasing Power Parity conversion factor25.641
Price level ratio of PPP conversion factor GDP to market exchange rate0.411
GDP per capita, PPP adjusted$29k$63k
GNI, Atlas method$1.5T$20.6T
GNI per capita$10k$63k
GNI, PPP adjusted$3.9T$20.8T
GNI per capita, PPP adjusted$26k$64k

Let"s separate out that I think Hiroshima and Nagasaki were war crimes.

If we can agree that the Russians will use nukes, for slight provocations, doesn't it follow that NATO has to act like it's true?
I’m not in agreement that Russia would use them for slight provocations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom