• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia 'fires on and seizes Ukraine ships'

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russia and Ukraine are firing on each other right now. This has the potential for ballooning into trump first bona-fide international crisis. How well do you expect him to handle it?

Ukraine's navy says Russia has opened fire and seized three of its vessels off the coast of the annexed Crimea, in a major escalation of tensions.

It said two gunboats and a tug were captured by Russian special forces after a chase. Two Ukrainian crew members were injured.

Russia is yet to comment on the claims.

It earlier accused Ukraine of illegally entering Russian waters, blocking access to the Sea of Azov with a tanker put under a bridge in the Kerch Strait.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko called an urgent meeting of his "war cabinet", his spokesperson said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46338671?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Last edited:
Russia seems to understand that no one in either Europe or America is interested in dying for Ukraine.

Ehhh, I don't know if that's something to bank on.

I feel like we've been waiting for that big moment where it goes too far, and Russia will eventually cross that moment if they continue.... it's just a matter of what is that red line.

I feel like we've been waiting for that big moment where it goes too far, and Russia will eventually cross that moment if they continue.... it's just a matter of what is that red line.

Russia and China are now joined at the hip, the West's ability to do anything to Russia without paying a huge cost for it are about gone.

I think no one can call what the red line will be since the matter is about Russia.

No I don't.

Please tell me why any country should spend their youth on a country that is internally divided, and corrupt?

The Ukraine has no compass.

You’re old enough to remember Vietnam Nam? “......internally divided and corrupt?” Pretty much!

Why would any country want to spend their youth on a corrupt Ukraine?

On a deeply corrupt broken down Ukraine which has zero ability to stand up to Team China/Russia.....it would be insanity.

You’re old enough to remember Vietnam Nam? “......internally divided and corrupt?” Pretty much!

That's why we should never waste our youth.

Just because I retired from the Navy doesn't mean that I should be waving pom pom's for a inept American government who could care less about how many lives they waste.

Just because I retired from the Navy doesn't mean that I should be waving pom pom's for a inept American government who could care less about how many lives they waste.

Agreed on that!

It is sad how fast we lost the lessons from Nam, Iraq never should have happened, our military officers should have been able to successfully argue against it, but all too often they refused to speak truth.

It is good to know that we have a level-headed, experienced President that can deduce exactly what to say and do when crises such as these arise.

Oh, wait a minute...

He's tied up gassing invading children atm but he'll bu right along to tell us Vlad said it wasn't true, people say it never happened, and Ukraine fired first anyway...

Trump will undoubtedly do everything he can to help Russia overthrow Ukraine.

tRUMP is not a czar, both Democratic and Republicans hate putler than anyone on this planet. my guess it´ll the Hague for putler and very soon

My guess is it'll be the Powerball for Cardinal before that happens.

According to the Federation of American Scientists, an organization that assesses nuclear weapon stockpiles, as of 2018, the Russian Federation possesses 7,850 total nuclear warheads, of which 1,600 are strategically operational.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Russia and Ukraine are firing on each other right now. This has the potential for ballooning into trump first bona-fide international crisis. How well do you expect him to handle it?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46338671?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Let's see what the 'tough guy' in the White House now who complained about Obama not standing up to the Russians on Ukraine is going to do about it. My guess is not a damn thing. Because Russia is too valuable an ally or friend. Whoops! Trump probably can't say that --out loud anyway.

Trump will be on his knees in front of Putin in a few days. But hey maybe this will lower our gas prices. Oh wait that was Saudi Arabia. Wrong POS dictator. But he'll find something nice to say about Putin.

Russia seems to understand that no one in either Europe or America is interested in dying for Ukraine.

We're talking about killing Russian soldiers to include sailors and air force. We're up for that as a nation and our armed forces won't think twice about it.

Russia and China are now joined at the hip, the West's ability to do anything to Russia without paying a huge cost for it are about gone.

I'd bet you're afraid of Freddy Kreuger too who's a movie character of nightmares. The Russian military thinks and talks only about China moving into Siberia which the Chinese are certain they own despite all realities. Russian generals talk about China only while Putin is focused on trying to alarm and scare Nato/EU into submission. The two sides can't find the book never mind the same page.

The Russian oligarchs know bringing Chinese technology into Russia to drill means a Chinese takeover of the locations and each area. In contrast, Russian oligarchs know the West has the first rate technology and we over here won't take over in the places we go. Russia worries about China and Russian elites have every good reason to be prepared for the worst. Nato conversely will never invade Mother Russia and Russians know this. Russians know the Chinese are waiting 'em out but that the Chinese definitely won't wait forever because the Party has to deliver or lose credibility. Speaking of credibility your posts have zero of it.

Good, but, just as long as you said that to fellow conservatives as they railed against Obama for not exacting revenge on various countries (called "being weak" despite accomplishing more than Trump has).

What you say here is exactly what I was saying - over and over - to those who did things such as rant/rave over the Iran deal: do those people really want to see a potential WWIII instead of a verifiable deal? Or, was it just partisan hackery wrapped in mean-spiritedness?

Oh well, like I said.... as long as you called that kind of person out for their bloodlust, great. Fighting a war to teach someone a lesson is callous in the extreme, and we really do not have the blood (or treasure) to teach everyone a lesson.....let alone Russia. Pointless belligerence is sin.

Trump will be on his knees in front of Putin in a few days. But hey maybe this will lower our gas prices. Oh wait that was Saudi Arabia. Wrong POS dictator. But he'll find something nice to say about Putin.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom