• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia 'fires on and seizes Ukraine ships'

We're talking about killing Russian soldiers to include sailors and air force. We're up for that as a nation and our armed forces won't think twice about it.

I'd bet you're afraid of Freddy Kreuger too who's a movie character of nightmares. The Russian military thinks and talks only about China moving into Siberia which the Chinese are certain they own despite all realities. Russian generals talk about China only while Putin is focused on trying to alarm and scare Nato/EU into submission. The two sides can't find the book never mind the same page.

The Russian oligarchs know bringing Chinese technology into Russia to drill means a Chinese takeover of the locations and each area. In contrast, Russian oligarchs know the West has the first rate technology and we over here won't take over in the places we go. Russia worries about China and Russian elites have every good reason to be prepared for the worst. Nato conversely will never invade Mother Russia and Russians know this. Russians know the Chinese are waiting 'em out but that the Chinese definitely won't wait forever because the Party has to deliver or lose credibility. Speaking of credibility your posts have zero of it.

You are so out of the loop that you dont even know that China and Russia are on the same team now....WHO CARE'S....

You are so out of the loop that you dont even know that China and Russia are on the same team now....WHO CARE'S....

People who can properly spell care. ;)

People who can properly spell care. ;)

"Who gives a **** if you know what you are talking about....Just so long as you are Neat and Polite!"

barf

we used to be better.

Last edited:
We're talking about killing Russian soldiers to include sailors and air force. We're up for that as a nation and our armed forces won't think twice about it.

I'd bet you're afraid of Freddy Kreuger too who's a movie character of nightmares. The Russian military thinks and talks only about China moving into Siberia which the Chinese are certain they own despite all realities. Russian generals talk about China only while Putin is focused on trying to alarm and scare Nato/EU into submission. The two sides can't find the book never mind the same page.

The Russian oligarchs know bringing Chinese technology into Russia to drill means a Chinese takeover of the locations and each area. In contrast, Russian oligarchs know the West has the first rate technology and we over here won't take over in the places we go. Russia worries about China and Russian elites have every good reason to be prepared for the worst. Nato conversely will never invade Mother Russia and Russians know this. Russians know the Chinese are waiting 'em out but that the Chinese definitely won't wait forever because the Party has to deliver or lose credibility. Speaking of credibility your posts have zero of it.

I somehow think our armed forces would think twice, you are talking about the most powerful army on earth fighting the second most powerful, a war that if america won and nukes were not involved would be devastating by epic proportions, and reality is if russia was ever in fear of losing on their own terf, they would completely destroy everything with nukes, and set earths population into a range of a few million, meaning billions would die.

China is not going to do crap to russia anytime soon, china failed at their last invasion attempt under mao for an area a tiny fraction of what siberia is. China russia and india are part of the sco, the eastern version of nato and the european union rolled into one, which means russia china india kazahkstan etc are all allies who must defend eachother. China would lose greatly trying to take siberia and they badly need russia, the two will remain allies unto the west no longer is a threat to the east, which would lead to either a cold war between russia and china or even a hot war.

I somehow think our armed forces would think twice, you are talking about the most powerful army on earth fighting the second most powerful, a war that if america won and nukes were not involved would be devastating by epic proportions, and reality is if russia was ever in fear of losing on their own terf, they would completely destroy everything with nukes, and set earths population into a range of a few million, meaning billions would die.

China is not going to do crap to russia anytime soon, china failed at their last invasion attempt under mao for an area a tiny fraction of what siberia is. China russia and india are part of the sco, the eastern version of nato and the european union rolled into one, which means russia china india kazahkstan etc are all allies who must defend eachother. China would lose greatly trying to take siberia and they badly need russia, the two will remain allies unto the west no longer is a threat to the east, which would lead to either a cold war between russia and china or even a hot war.

India not yet but that is more than likely where they end up.

Start calculating population numbers and nuclear power numbers and then immediately the problem becomes clear.

"Who gives a **** if you know what you are talking about....Just so long as you are Neat and Polite!"

barf

we used to be better.

No overly dramatic, size-six font for your vacuous catchphrase?

tumblr_lyeaziG4uv1r2jm8po1_400.gif

Why would any country want to spend their youth on a corrupt Ukraine?

I agree. Ukraine is like South Vietnam- corrupt to the core. Let Europe handle her own problems.

India not yet but that is more than likely where they end up.

Start calculating population numbers and nuclear power numbers and then immediately the problem becomes clear.

India is part of the sco and is one of the original 5, they are also long time allies with russia. To break it down the sco covers defense and economics, the sco 5 are economic and military, meaning just like nato any of the nations much come to the defense of the others in the defense pact. There is also the economic pact which just covers economics and has no defense requirement.

What is interesting is that pakistan is currently a full member of the sco, but also an american ally, so f war between nato and the sco broke out, india and pakistan might just nuke eachother and take themselves out of the battle right as it starts.

India is part of the sco and is one of the original 5, they are also long time allies with russia. To break it down the sco covers defense and economics, the sco 5 are economic and military, meaning just like nato any of the nations much come to the defense of the others in the defense pact. There is also the economic pact which just covers economics and has no defense requirement.

What is interesting is that pakistan is currently a full member of the sco, but also an american ally, so f war between nato and the sco broke out, india and pakistan might just nuke eachother and take themselves out of the battle right as it starts.

What is most interesting is what China thinks of the India/Pakistan/Afghanistan Problem, because they are the ones who will solve it.

It is way too late for the Americans to get it done.

Plus we keep ****ing everything up.

No overly dramatic, size-six font for your vacuous catchphrase?

tumblr_lyeaziG4uv1r2jm8po1_400.gif

It was always the Quality of the idea that counts as I have told you.

I have also told you that I need to have my fun.

As almost all of the Better People do.

Kindly Learn.

What is most interesting is what China thinks of the India/Pakistan/Afghanistan Problem, because they are the ones who will solve it.

It is way too late for the Americans to get it done.

Plus we keep ****ing everything up.

China will not solve any india or pakistan problem, infact China and india hate eachother enough I am sure one of the main reasons india and china joined the sco was to ensure if either started a war russia would get involved to deter either from starting a war in the first place, and afghanistan is closer to russia so it would be russia kazahkstan from the north and america and europe from the west influencing that country.

China will not solve any india or pakistan problem, infact China and india hate eachother enough I am sure one of the main reasons india and china joined the sco was to ensure if either started a war russia would get involved to deter either from starting a war in the first place, and afghanistan is closer to russia so it would be russia kazahkstan from the north and america and europe from the west influencing that country.

Russia is now the junior partner with China, and India increasingly has no use for the West....all that remains to be seen is how strong of a member of the New Chinese Empire India will be.

Russia is now the junior partner with China, and India increasingly has no use for the West....all that remains to be seen is how strong of a member of the New Chinese Empire India will be.

Well where you are misguided is that india has plenty of use for the west, they are a russia ally but work with all factions, but their biggest fears are in the east, pakistan to the west and china to the east, come to think of it much of the sco was created less to defend against the west but rather to create an alliance of wedge states so that hostile neighbors could not attack eachother without other members getting involved.

Now now Donald, that is the point my post addresses. Yet you missed it entirely. This is due to your state and condition, i.e., Trump Oblivious Syndrome (TOS).

3afb33e6424f4139af7e8a3b615340ca.jpg

My post, Donald, undermines your Russia-China Band of Bastards postings. So I reiterate, Donald, Russian generals talk China, China, China, invading 'em, not the USA invading 'em. Not Nato invading 'em over there in grim ol' Russia. Yes, Russian military chiefs and commanders talk and write profusely of China invading 'em. It's mostly a matter of the right time and the decisively favorable strategic circumstances for the CCP Boyz of Beijing. It's a long standing territorial dispute centered on Siberia but not only.

So this is old hat stuff Donald. Maga hat stuff one could say. It looks good on you btw.

Russia and China are in a temporary state of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' condition of partnership against the United States. It is a front however and each side knows it. Because when the time and circumstances are right for Beijing, Russia and China will be at the throat of the other. Beijing will be the one to act in aggression.

China%20ICBM%202.jpg

The Global Times added that “pictures of China's Dongfeng-41 ballistic missile were exposed on Chinese mainland websites,” citing reports in “some Hong Kong and Taiwan media.” “It was revealed that the pictures were taken in Heilongjiang Province. Military analysts believe that this is perhaps the second Dongfeng-41 strategic missile brigade and it should be deployed in northeastern China,” the report in the Chinese newspaper notes

Russia's problem is that it knows it doesn't have the total forces in the Far East (RFE) to counter the horde of PLA et al that would swarm across the border into Siberia and Russia. Russia is a big country to defend or don't you know, Donald. Okay, so you don't know -- and you haven't the remotest clue of it. (Had Japan invaded Soviet Russia in the east when Hitler invaded Russia in the west, Stalin and his Russians would have become fluent in German and Japanese too.) So Donald, Russia's only option against CCP aggression across the border into Russia would be the nuclear one. CCP Boyz in Beijing know this too of course. Hence Beijing last year moving nuclear armed missiles to the border up there at Russia. Just to keep Putin and his military brass honest, in a manner of speaking of course.

Moreover, during Obama's second term India signed on as a strategic military partner of the United States. Prime Minister Narendra Modi of the BJP is strongly pro-USA so this chirping about a Russia-China-India alliance against USA is more Freddy Krueger nightmare stuff.

Why Is Russia Aiming Missiles at China?

The placement of Iskander-M Brigades in Russia’s Eastern Military District reflects continued uneasiness about China

thediplomat.com-gf_missilebrigades01-790x437.jpg

Russian Ground Forces missile brigades that have been/ will be equipped with the 9K720 Iskander-M OTRK.

Though the Kremlin has been careful not to voice long-term concerns about China, perhaps the most telling examples of Moscow’s continued uneasiness regarding the growing military might of its neighbour have been large-scale Russian military exercises held in the Eastern MD.

As Dr. Roger N. McDermott, senior fellow in Eurasian military studies at the Jamestown Foundation, concludes in his analysis on the large-scale Vostok (“East”) 2014 exercise involving some 100,000 personnel, “Vostok 2014, much like its earlier incarnation in 2010, contains strong evidence that the Russian General Staff continues to consider China a potential threat to Russia.” Given the persisting concern, basing Iskander-M OTRKs in regions bordering China’s Northern Theater Command is a logical move from Russia’s perspective. Indeed, the system’s ability to deliver a wide range of cluster munitions makes it particularly suitable for use against People’s Liberation Army (PLA) armor and infantry in the event of an armed confrontation.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/07/why-is-russia-aiming-missiles-at-china/

In the event of.

RUSSIA POINTS MISSILE AT CHINA WHILE HOLDING MILITARY EXERCISES WITH BEIJING IN EUROPE

Russia's ground missile forces in the region received their fourth and latest Iskander-M missile system last month, according to the Diplomat. The weapons' appearance in the far east suggests China is the most likely target as major U.S. installations in Japan and South Korea are reportedly out of range for the missiles, which are capable of accurately hitting targets between 250 and 310 miles away.

China, for its own part, has also reportedly brought missiles to the border. A Dongfeng-41 nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile [brigade] was moved to China's northeastern Heilongjiang Province, according to The Global Times, the nationalist outlet of China's ruling Communist Party.
(emphasis added)

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-joins-china-military-drills-europe-missiles-asia-636098

Would you like tea or borscht with your hot dog?

Last edited:
Now now Donald, that is the point my post addresses. Yet you missed it entirely. This is due to your state and condition, i.e., Trump Oblivious Syndrome (TOS).

3afb33e6424f4139af7e8a3b615340ca.jpg

My post, Donald, undermines your Russia-China Band of Bastards postings. So I reiterate, Donald, Russian generals talk China, China, China, invading 'em, not the USA invading 'em. Not Nato invading 'em over there in grim ol' Russia. Yes, Russian military chiefs and commanders talk and write profusely of China invading 'em. It's mostly a matter of the right time and the decisively favorable strategic circumstances for the CCP Boyz of Beijing. It's a long standing territorial dispute centered on Siberia but not only.

So this is old hat stuff Donald. Maga hat stuff one could say. It looks good on you btw.

Russia and China are in a temporary state of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' condition of partnership against the United States. It is a front however and each side knows it. Because when the time and circumstances are right for Beijing, Russia and China will be at the throat of the other. Beijing will be the one to act in aggression.

China%20ICBM%202.jpg

The Global Times added that “pictures of China's Dongfeng-41 ballistic missile were exposed on Chinese mainland websites,” citing reports in “some Hong Kong and Taiwan media.” “It was revealed that the pictures were taken in Heilongjiang Province. Military analysts believe that this is perhaps the second Dongfeng-41 strategic missile brigade and it should be deployed in northeastern China,” the report in the Chinese newspaper notes

Russia's problem is that it knows it doesn't have the total forces in the Far East (RFE) to counter the horde of PLA et al that would swarm across the border into Siberia and Russia
. Russia is a big country to defend or don't you know, Donald. Okay, so you don't know -- and you haven't the remotest clue of it. (Had Japan invaded Soviet Russia in the east when Hitler invaded Russia in the west, Stalin and his Russians would have become fluent in German and Japanese too.) So Donald, Russia's only option against CCP aggression across the border into Russia would be the nuclear one. CCP Boyz in Beijing know this too of course. Hence Beijing last year moving nuclear armed missiles to the border up there at Russia. Just to keep Putin and his military brass honest, in a manner of speaking of course.

America and Europe solved that problem by driving Russia into China's arms. Yes it sucks for Russia to be the Junior partner but that was the best deal they had thanks to our idiocy.

America and Europe solved that problem by driving Russia into China's arms. Yes it sucks for Russia to be the Junior partner but that was the best deal they had thanks to our idiocy.

Putin's been there a long time and things in Russia are only getting worse. Sanctions against the oligarchs do continue and they will continue. Sanctions have always been a long term project. Sanctions will continue to be a long term project until they achieve their goal and nothing less.

The oligarchs and now suddenly the Russian people are looking at shaking things up, starting at the top. Precipitate perhaps a new, fresh and clean blanket of snow to cover the landscape. A new leader might be possible who has working relations with Western investors, in EU in particular. Get a new broom that sweeps clean any dust ups. Changes things. As we've seen, fundamental change in Russia happens overnight and to the surprise of everyone. Yet it's always gradual and it builds, like a snowball being pushed along.

Good, but, just as long as you said that to fellow conservatives as they railed against Obama for not exacting revenge on various countries (called "being weak" despite accomplishing more than Trump has).

What you say here is exactly what I was saying - over and over - to those who did things such as rant/rave over the Iran deal: do those people really want to see a potential WWIII instead of a verifiable deal? Or, was it just partisan hackery wrapped in mean-spiritedness?

Oh well, like I said.... as long as you called that kind of person out for their bloodlust, great. Fighting a war to teach someone a lesson is callous in the extreme, and we really do not have the blood (or treasure) to teach everyone a lesson.....let alone Russia. Pointless belligerence is sin.

I despised Obama for one main reason..........he broke his promises on Iraq and Afghanistan.

His other administrative acts were just fodder for my usual smack talk.

I luvit when Putin Fanboyz try to wow and awe us with what the Fanboyz see as the overwhelming and unstoppable Russian military and armed forces. The ten foot tall Russians with shoulders three feet across. Only a hundred bullets can take one down. They catch and chew thrown hand grenades for snacks on the spot. The Russians!

US Army Chief Warns Russia: We Will Beat You Harder Than You’ve Ever Been Beaten Before

CSA General Mark A. Milley shakes up each Putin and Trump. There's a difference however. Putin showed a photo of himself unperturbed watching the DVD of Gen. Milley's speech in Washington to the private Association of the U.S. Army which are retired career Army. Trump in contrast gushes when he says Milley is "the bomb thrower in the White House." The former Rotc and hockey star says what he thinks and he looks and sounds like he's about to break your neck doing it.

OB jumped him to CSA over several senior four-star brass after former SecDef Gates called Obama to ask him to meet with Milley and consider him. Milley is remaking a spent Army into an agile armored force across all commands. New lighter tanks, doubled the range of artillery, focus on infantry winning urban battles and so on.

Milley commanded SpOps forces in Afghanistan where he left a trail of enemy broken necks. In Iraq he commanded 10th Mountain Division. Back home Milley was chief of Army Forces Command. Woe be the bureaucrat who gets in his way.

th

JOINT BASE MYER-HENDERSON HALL, Va. -- The Army recognized Sen. John A. McCain in a "Salute from the Chief" ceremony for his efforts in strengthening America's national security, eliminating wasteful government spending, and assisting in government reform.

Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Mark A. Milley presented McCain with the Outstanding Civilian Service Medal for his lifetime in service to America, both as a representative for the people of Arizona in the U.S. Congress and as a retired U.S. Navy captain, on November 16, 2017. "We're here to honor an American patriot -- a true American legend," Milley said. "One who has demonstrated extraordinary service to our nation and its people through life in and out of uniform."

https://www.army.mil/article/196980/army_chief_of_staff_salutes_sen_mccain

Obama appointed Milley CSA but we know how Milley votes without Milley saying it, to include in 2012 also. Milley and Mattis are known at Pentagon as the "Take No Prisoners Twins." Milley who dominates the JCS is a leading figure to become chairman next year. (It's almost like no one dares to oppose him, to include Trump of course.)

Last edited:
I luvit when Putin Fanboyz try to wow and awe us with what the Fanboyz see as the overwhelming and unstoppable Russian military and armed forces. The ten foot tall Russians with shoulders three feet across. Only a hundred bullets can take one down. They catch and chew thrown hand grenades for snacks on the spot. The Russians!

US Army Chief Warns Russia: We Will Beat You Harder Than You’ve Ever Been Beaten Before

CSA General Mark A. Milley shakes up each Putin and Trump. There's a difference however. Putin showed a photo of himself unperturbed watching the DVD of Gen. Milley's speech in Washington to the private Association of the U.S. Army which are retired career Army. Trump in contrast gushes when he says Milley is "the bomb thrower in the White House." The former Rotc and hockey star says what he thinks and he looks and sounds like he's about to break your neck doing it.

OB jumped him to CSA over several senior four-star brass after former SecDef Gates called Obama to ask him to meet with Milley and consider him. Milley is remaking a spent Army into an agile armored force across all commands. New lighter tanks, doubled the range of artillery, focus on infantry winning urban battles and so on.

Milley commanded SpOps forces in Afghanistan where he left a trail of enemy broken necks. In Iraq he commanded 10th Mountain Division. Back home Milley was chief of Army Forces Command. Woe be the bureaucrat who gets in his way.

th

JOINT BASE MYER-HENDERSON HALL, Va. -- The Army recognized Sen. John A. McCain in a "Salute from the Chief" ceremony for his efforts in strengthening America's national security, eliminating wasteful government spending, and assisting in government reform.

Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Mark A. Milley presented McCain with the Outstanding Civilian Service Medal for his lifetime in service to America, both as a representative for the people of Arizona in the U.S. Congress and as a retired U.S. Navy captain, on November 16, 2017. "We're here to honor an American patriot -- a true American legend," Milley said. "One who has demonstrated extraordinary service to our nation and its people through life in and out of uniform."

https://www.army.mil/article/196980/army_chief_of_staff_salutes_sen_mccain

Obama appointed Milley CSA but we know how Milley votes without Milley saying it, to include in 2012 also. Milley and Mattis are known at Pentagon as the "Take No Prisoners Twins." Milley who dominates the JCS is a leading figure to become chairman next year. (It's almost like no one dares to oppose him, to include Trump of course.)

So you are back to using a loud talking general as an explanation on how war with the second most powerful military on earth would be a good idea? There is no winning such an all out war, the only outcomes would be nuclear war or one side backing out after hundreds of thousands are dead on both sides.

Fyi you bring up mattis, but mattis has seemed to not want to fight the russians, he is the one who slapped sense in the trump admin in syria when they were contemplating attacking the russians in april. Hubris is the biggest killer of militaries and empires and you seem to be full of it, to such an extent if someone like you ran the military, you would probably get us into a head on war with china russia and india at the same time and still tell the troops the war would be over in a month.

So you are back to using a loud talking general as an explanation on how war with the second most powerful military on earth would be a good idea? There is no winning such an all out war, the only outcomes would be nuclear war or one side backing out after hundreds of thousands are dead on both sides.

Fyi you bring up mattis, but mattis has seemed to not want to fight the russians, he is the one who slapped sense in the trump admin in syria when they were contemplating attacking the russians in april. Hubris is the biggest killer of militaries and empires and you seem to be full of it, to such an extent if someone like you ran the military, you would probably get us into a head on war with china russia and india at the same time and still tell the troops the war would be over in a month.

India's not going to fight against anyone except China (and Pakistan). The US is far more involved in its relations against CCP Dictator-Tyrants in Beijing than Islamabad -- profoundly so. The bottom line concerning India is that whomever needs to fight China will have India's support. That is of course the United States thx. Next after that is the Siberia territorial dispute between Beijing and Moscow. Beijing already claims as its own territory several northern states of India. So it's necessary at this point to unscrabble your Putin posts...

BETWEEN A COLD WAR ALLY AND AN INDO-PACIFIC PARTNER: INDIA’S U.S.-RUSSIA BALANCING ACT

boeing-fa-18-super-hornet_650x400_41521086901.jpg

Boeing agreed with New Delhi in October to build 157 F/A-18 Super Hornets in India for $20 bn in the pending single biggest fighter jet purchase by anyone. Boeing will need to move its its plant to India from Ft. Worth TX which hasn't been announced to date.

India has long been diversifying away from its heavy Russian dependence. Russia’s share of Indian defense imports fell from 79 percent between 2008 and 2012 to 62 percent between 2013 and 2017. India withdrew from Russia’s fifth-generation fighter aircraft project because of delays and differences over cost, technologies, and flexibility for future upgrades. Furthermore, it has not yet signed pending deals for a submarine, helicopters and frigates, and the manufacture of Russian assault rifles, which Moscow was expecting.

Beyond defense, this continues to be a limited relationship — something that Putin has even complained about. While investment has picked up recently, thanks to a few big deals in the energy sector, non-defense trade has stayed low. Russia and India fell far short of their bilateral trade target of $20 billion by 2015. Despite a 42 percent boost from the previous year, trade still only touched $10.7 billion in 2017-18 — compare that to India’s trade with China ($89.7 billion), the United States ($74.5 billion), or even Germany ($22 billion).

Bilateral cooperation in India’s region has also faltered somewhat. In Afghanistan, Russia has been engaging with the Taliban, while India continues to have concerns about the group. Unlike during the Cold War, it has found itself more aligned with the United States in backing the government in Kabul, with China, Pakistan, and Russia arrayed on the opposite side.

https://warontherocks.com/2018/10/b...ific-partner-indias-u-s-russia-balancing-act/

India just signed to get the Russian S-400 air defense system to deploy against Pakistan and China. India and US have a signed and working agreement to use one another's bases. India has formally declared for freedom of navigation in the South China Sea and has had naval exercises with US, VN, Australia, Japan. At the request of Hanoi India is drilling in the VN EEZ despite The Boyz hollering loudly against it and flapping their arms. India trains VN Navy in the six Russian Kilo Klass subs VN just finished purchasing to include the Klub missile that has range into mainland China.

Moreover Putin's getting closer to Pakistan which wants the S-400 system. Key to the relationship with India is to have India believe its decisions are made in New Delhi, rather than in Moscow or Beijing or Washington. Which is why Mattis opposes Trump's impulse wanting to sanction India over the S-400 purchase (Bolton).

Last edited:
India's not going to fight against anyone except China (and Pakistan). The US is far more involved in its relations against CCP Dictator-Tyrants in Beijing than Islamabad -- profoundly so. The bottom line concerning India is that whomever needs to fight China will have India's support. That is of course the United States thx. Next after that is the Siberia territorial dispute between Beijing and Moscow. Beijing already claims as its own territory several northern states of India. So it's necessary at this point to unscrabble your Putin posts...

BETWEEN A COLD WAR ALLY AND AN INDO-PACIFIC PARTNER: INDIA’S U.S.-RUSSIA BALANCING ACT

boeing-fa-18-super-hornet_650x400_41521086901.jpg

Boeing agreed with New Delhi in October to build 157 F/A-18 Super Hornets in India for $20 bn in the pending single biggest fighter jet purchase by anyone. Boeing will need to move its its plant to India from Ft. Worth TX which hasn't been announced to date.

India has long been diversifying away from its heavy Russian dependence. Russia’s share of Indian defense imports fell from 79 percent between 2008 and 2012 to 62 percent between 2013 and 2017. India withdrew from Russia’s fifth-generation fighter aircraft project because of delays and differences over cost, technologies, and flexibility for future upgrades. Furthermore, it has not yet signed pending deals for a submarine, helicopters and frigates, and the manufacture of Russian assault rifles, which Moscow was expecting.

Beyond defense, this continues to be a limited relationship — something that Putin has even complained about. While investment has picked up recently, thanks to a few big deals in the energy sector, non-defense trade has stayed low. Russia and India fell far short of their bilateral trade target of $20 billion by 2015. Despite a 42 percent boost from the previous year, trade still only touched $10.7 billion in 2017-18 — compare that to India’s trade with China ($89.7 billion), the United States ($74.5 billion), or even Germany ($22 billion).

Bilateral cooperation in India’s region has also faltered somewhat. In Afghanistan, Russia has been engaging with the Taliban, while India continues to have concerns about the group. Unlike during the Cold War, it has found itself more aligned with the United States in backing the government in Kabul, with China, Pakistan, and Russia arrayed on the opposite side.

https://warontherocks.com/2018/10/b...ific-partner-indias-u-s-russia-balancing-act/

India just signed to get the Russian S-400 air defense system to deploy against Pakistan and China. India and US have a signed and working agreement to use one another's bases. India has formally declared for freedom of navigation in the South China Sea and has had naval exercises with US, VN, Australia, Japan. At the request of Hanoi India is drilling in the VN EEZ despite The Boyz hollering loudly against it and flapping their arms. India trains VN Navy in the six Russian Kilo Klass subs VN just finished purchasing to include the Klub missile that has range into mainland China.

Moreover Putin's getting closer to Pakistan which wants the S-400 system. Key to the relationship with India is to have India believe its decisions are made in New Delhi, rather than in Moscow or Beijing or Washington. Which is why Mattis opposes Trump's impulse wanting to sanction India over the S-400 purchase (Bolton).

India is a ally of russia and a member of the sco which is the asian version of nato, india by pact is required to fight to protect russia, as is china and any other nation on the list.

India is a ally of russia and a member of the sco which is the asian version of nato, india by pact is required to fight to protect russia, as is china and any other nation on the list.

DE5mDRdV0AAMFNS.jpg

This WarOnTheRocks map gives a good idea of what assets are on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) of India v China on the border. Jul 17, 2017

India definitely has a completely different idea than you -- the Russia Fanboy -- have of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization: India External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said last month the "SCO is not a military or political group and it is not aimed at provoking confrontation with any other country or group of countries. SCO is committed to promote regional economic development and upholding regional security," he said.

Moving along, the Brics fell down and you apparently missed that too. It made quite the racket when the Brics shattered. Bricks still meet, sure, and they gladhand but each time they sit for dinner the tasters go first. There's no new Brics currency, no active Brics Development Bank and the Brics champion in Brazil Lula da Silva is in prison for corruption. In Brazil as in China and Russia that's the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

In New Delhi Xi Jinpingpong's One Belt One Road is a flat out no same as it is in Thailand where CCP wants to dig a big canal for a new maritine silk road. Thais don't want their country's south severed from its north by a big Chinese ditch that China would own, control, populate and benefit from. China already claims northern states of India where the serious border dispute over Bhutan a couple of years ago brought to the border several Indian Army corps of mountain infantry, heavy artillery and armor. India rejects of course Beijing's assertions that its northern states belong to China. It was when the several mountain corps moved in that CCP Boyz in Beijing decided the existing border Line of Actual Control was okay after all. For a while longer at least but not indefinitely.

So India has completed shifting the bulk of its Army from its border with Pakistan to the border with China -- a radical geostrategic move indeed that reflects new strategic alignments on the Asian subcontinent and environs. CCP's so-called "String of Pearls" military bases in Bangladesh and Pakistan are not welcome in New Delhi any more than the PLA Navy subs are welcome all over the Indian Ocean which is where they are. CCP Boyz slap their knee laughing when they look at India for thinking the Indian Ocean is India's own perimeter of maritime security.

So India has finished constructing a huge naval base and a big air force base on the Andaman Islands at the north end of the Strait of Malacca to keep an eye on traffic through it, over it, around it to include under the area waters. The new Indian islands bases are meant to keep honest the grabby PLA Navy et al in Myanmar also. In Sri Lanka PLA moved in to obliterate the pesky Tamil Tigers then to set up big investments in the home port of the president. India turned to Washington and in the next Sri Lankan election the opposition won and threw out the Chinese forthwith. Indeed, the Chinese in Sri Lanka is to India what Russians in Cuba were to the USA.

There's more so let's pause here for now. It's just worth noting additionally that in 2015 India signed on as a US military strategic partner. We use each others bases now etc etc. India has become a US strategic base of logistics, supply, storage. So your unrelenting determination fails. What unrelenting determination you ask, feigning innocence. Your solid state drive to see the United States become a subservient colony to a world run by the dictatorships in Moscow and Beijing with New Delhi chumming along. The one that isn't happening, won't happen, and that if it tries to happen would be bad news for everyone. All the same no one here needs to get concerned over it though. Cause all we need to do is to keep an eye on the guys who lie awake nights deluding themselves into having it happen, which it won't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom