• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia duped Europe into energy dependence by funding 'rabid environmental groups': experts

Navigating our way out of oil dependence requires careful juggling between our current dependence on oil and investing in alternative sources to become more independent of them going forward. Legitimate eco movements know this and are willing to work with it. Fringe movements are those on either side. Those are what Hillary was referring to.
All of the eco movement is a fringe movement.

And for leftist in here that refuse to believe they have been duped in America by Russia here’s a Hillary quote

“We were even up against phony environmental groups, and I’m a big environmentalist, but these were funded by the Russians to stand against any effort, ‘Oh that pipeline, that fracking, that whatever will be a problem for you,’ and a lot of the money supporting that message was coming from Russia," Clinton said, according to excerpts leaked by WikiLeaks in 2016.
Well if Hilary said it, it's probably a whiney lie.

GOOD THAT your fav bamboo Muscovy has 0 eco problem

I decided to google map the city in your video "Norilsk" when I stumbled on the apparent "minders" dressed quite strangely. Look like 4 teletubbies. Check this out. Quite strange. I also searched this online and others noticed as well.

1647357453699.png

"

Google Maps Users Spot Real-Life Teletubbies Walking Down Russian Street​

Simon Catling

Published 15:06, 15 May 2021 BST
Google Maps Users Spot Real-Life Teletubbies Walking Down Russian Street

Whenever you think that the Google Maps camera can't surprise you anymore it unveils yet more funny and bizarre human behaviour. This time it's Norilsk in Russia and four Teletubbies that have gone viral, after being captured by the camera car.
Credit: Google Maps
Credit: Google Maps
Evidently a fan of following the Google car around, four people wandering the streets of Norilsk in northern Russia have repeatedly been snapped dressed in colour-coded boiler suits that look an awful lot like Teletubby costumes.
The image also pans around to reveal that the eerie quartet are all wearing matching face masks too. They have clearly been saying eh-oh to the Google Maps car quite a bit as well, having been snapped in their outfits in dozens of images taken by the vehicle."

The largest increase by far in UK energy production in the last decade has been wind power.
We're in the geologically lucky situation of having a consistently windy but shallow sea on our doorstep that's perfect for them.
Many of the largest offshore wind farms in the world are in UK waters.

Not bad for a relatively small island.

But they didn't dupe just Europe; look who else is trying to slow (even promised to eliminate) petroleum development in the United States. Whose been trying to make phone calls to OPEC to increase production?
I dont doubt for a second that russia funds eco groups for their advantage. But "American" you bring up a good point. If russia funding these groups automatically cast aspersions on the policies pushed by them, you must be really really really angry that it means the RNC is corrupt un-American group. Geez, they even had their puppet as president.

Last edited:
Another story from Fox News. They are so genius with how they operate.

Sure, the groups advocating for less reliance on fossil fuels are responsible for more reliance on Russian fossil fuels.

It makes perfect sense does it not.

The groups trying to get rid of green house games and use renewable energy were all secret front groups funded by Russia to increase carbon based fuel usage

But they didn't dupe just Europe; look who else is trying to slow (even promised to eliminate) petroleum development in the United States. Whose been trying to make phone calls to OPEC to increase production?

And they used similar techniques in 2016 to get The Donald elected, just IMO. Duped? What does that say about those people?

LOL, every watt of energy from renewables is a watt we didn't have to produce with fossil fuels. Energy dependence from environmentalism, LOL.

Shit... how many dead in Ukraine now? and MSNBC saying that "You're right, Putin wouldn't invade under Trump."

What assholes.

Explain to the class how environmentalism led to dependence on fossil fuels.
Germany went from 20% from Natural Gas to 30% in 18 years. During that same period, their nuclear energy went from 22% to 8%. While other renewables went up during that period, they created a dependency for themselves on Russian gas.

Germany went from 20% from Natural Gas to 30% in 18 years. During that same period, their nuclear energy went from 22% to 8%. While other renewables went up during that period, they created a dependency for themselves on Russian gas.
Yes, I know that. But that doesn’t explain how environmentalism caused that.

Yes, I know that. But that doesn’t explain how environmentalism caused that.
If you are suggesting that environmentalism had no role/impact, then I'll pass.

If you are suggesting that environmentalism had no role/impact, then I'll pass.
You’re expecting me to accept your conclusion as given. You’ve given me no reason to do so.

You’re expecting me to accept your conclusion as given. You’ve given me no reason to do so.
I have no expectations with you. If you accept that environmentalism has some role/impact, then we can have a discussion. If you don't think that the movement had any role/impact, then discussing it with you would be a waste of a time.

I have no expectations with you. If you accept that environmentalism has some role/impact, then we can have a discussion. If you don't think that the movement had any role/impact, then discussing it with you would be a waste of a time.
Your argument includes your conclusion as your premise. It's the "begging the question" fallacy.

Back
Top Bottom