• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Russia" Doesnt Really Know Whether Its Covid Vaccine Works

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
as we all know Trump trusts more "russia" than American - NATO institutes , will it be logical if he ´d trust Putin/KGB on this issue as well ? and inject Sputnik V into his and into his family butts straight forward ?

1s9dvm.jpg

"Putin noted Tuesday that one of his daughters took the vaccine and then registered high antibody levels. At this point in the scientific process, however, secondary measures such as antibody levels do not confirm that a vaccine is effective.

It’s not hard to see why Putin’s government might be willing to gamble on an inadequately tested vaccine. If it works, the country could get back to normal more rapidly. And a win in the vaccine race could burnish Putin’s reputation at home and abroad. But the potential to lose this bet is enormous, and the cost may come in lives."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f49f8c-dbea-11ea-b4f1-25b762cdbbf4_story.html
Germany warns Russia'''s coronavirus vaccine has not been fully tested - Business Insider

I'd actually be happy if someone was able to get a vaccine created and it out for distribution. I'm so tired of this crap...but I don't trust anything coming out of Russia

I'd actually be happy if someone was able to get a vaccine created and it out for distribution. I'm so tired of this crap...but I don't trust anything coming out of Russia

Especially when the Russians came up with a vaccine so quickly. Meanwhile all the best minds in America, Europe and China say a vaccine is months off.

Somehow I doubt the Russians are more advanced than the rest of the world.

But I guess we'll see. A dozen years from now there will be studies.

Especially when the Russians came up with a vaccine so quickly. Meanwhile all the best minds in America, Europe and China say a vaccine is months off.

No, not at all...maybe 60 years ago but at this point if you can't dig it out of the ground Russia is clueless.

China has certainly stolen it from the Russians by now, so it must not work or China would be selling it by now!

Muscovy can not make an own car or mobile phone , even during ussr could not , how they can make covid vaccine ? just typical putin´s TV.ru crap

To play Devil's Advocate, Russia stumbling onto a fully-functioning vaccine without major side effects through dumb luck, distributing it globally and making Vladmir Putin a worldwide hero would be extremely on-brand for 2020.

Well, here's a pretty good rule of thumb: if somebody is trying to get a vaccine approved and released in time for the month before an election, don't take the vaccine.

Follow that advice, and you'll most likely not die or have your arms fall off or whatever.

The concern is they cut corners in testing. The other trials are at the point that they are at phase 3, which they give the vaccine to people to see if it works. Phase 2 is that there are no bad effects. .. which since it is a smaller group of people has a higher chance of not 100% being accurate.

Isn't a hastily approved vaccine how the zombie apocalypse movies always start? Just sayin...

The concern is they cut corners in testing. The other trials are at the point that they are at phase 3, which they give the vaccine to people to see if it works. Phase 2 is that there are no bad effects. .. which since it is a smaller group of people has a higher chance of not 100% being accurate.

That's my worry. One of the primary reasons vaccines take so long to develop is testing. They need to make sure (1) It protects against what it's supposed to, and (2) It doesn't hurt the people you are giving it to.

Some of the early polio vaccines - also rushed - ended up having issues. One ended up with some live virus in it and actually gave polio to 250 people before they pulled it. Another was contaminated with a different virus - giving people that disease. We've come a long way since then, but still, we don't want to mass produce something harmful and make the situation worse.

Muscovy can not make an own car or mobile phone , even during ussr could not , how they can make covid vaccine ? just typical putin´s TV.ru crap

Oh they made cars alright!
My favorite was what they did to the venerable Italian FIAT 124.
To quote Jeremy Clarkson from BBC Top Gear:

"The heaviest part of the car is the steering.
I honestly believe it is set in concrete.
Let me give you an example of its terribleness.
The rear brakes are made from aluminum and they must have thought, "AaaHAAA, that's very advanced. The West will never think of that!"
There's a good reason for that though.
Aluminum has all the braking properties of....CHEESE."

"Despite all these things, the Lada is still being built, under license, in EGYPT.
Imagine that, a forty year old Italian design "improved by the Russians" and now built by a bunch of Egyptians.
LOL!! I can't even think of anything WORSE than that!"
:lamo :lamo :lamo

And then there's the Chaika, a reverse engineered 1955 Packard Clipper, in which they replaced the Packard V8 with their own design, a larger 5.7 liter unit that can barely get the standard Chaika up to 99 miles per hour, while the deluxe model was reported to have a top speed of 120, although such speeds have never actually been documented.

gaz_13_chaika_preseries.jpeg

For some reason the Russkies never tried to copy a Studebaker pickup truck, but they sure did love buying them though, at least for a few years.

And then there's the Chaika, a reverse engineered 1955 Packard Clipper, in which they replaced the Packard V8 with their own design, a larger 5.7 liter unit that can barely get the standard Chaika up to 99 miles per hour, while the deluxe model was reported to have a top speed of 120, although such speeds have never actually been documented.

gaz_13_chaika_preseries.jpeg

For some reason the Russkies never tried to copy a Studebaker pickup truck, but they sure did love buying them though, at least for a few years.

665x396_0xac120005_9429660881527737180.jpg

665x296_0xac120005_12680563041527737164.jpg

665x299_0xac120005_21109861471527737170.jpg

Советские копии западных товаров: 47 примеров откровенной <<копипасты>> | ⭐️ MAXIMONLINE ⭐

Our flu vaccines don't work that great with a hell of a lot of trial and error so it really is not shocking that the Russian vaccine's efficacy is still unknown

Putin passed a law so that they no longer require stage 3 trials for a vaccine to be "approved". They also won't release the results of any other trials. It is just typical Russian lying and cheating. Putin will do anything to make his 3rd world **** hole Nigeria with snow country seem important.

Frankly we should be putting equal amounts of our bets on ANTIVIRAL medications.
Remember Tamiflu? Along those lines.

You catch COVID, awww crap, that sucks but if you take the antiviral soon enough, it goes away quickly before it can do serious damage.

[h=1]NorCal scientists develop COVID-19 antiviral nasal spray, inhaler[/h]
SACRAMENTO, Calif. —Scientists and UC San Francisco announced an inhalable protection against COVID-19 with the goal of being produced into an affordable, over-the-counter antiviral medication in the coming months.
UCSF is working to start human trials on what they have called “AeroNabs.”

“This is a molecule that would bind to the coronavirus protein incredibly tightly. And when it binds to the virus, it completely diffuses its ability to infect human cells,” UCSF assistant professor and co-inventor Aashish Manglik explained.

Frankly we should be putting equal amounts of our bets on ANTIVIRAL medications.
Remember Tamiflu? Along those lines.

You catch COVID, awww crap, that sucks but if you take the antiviral soon enough, it goes away quickly before it can do serious damage.

[h=1]NorCal scientists develop COVID-19 antiviral nasal spray, inhaler[/h]

That is some good news at least. Let hope it works as well in the trials as they hope. I wonder how long it will take? Here in Florida it's full speed ahead for a end of Aug. opening of all public schools while our positivity rate is still nearly 12%. What could go wrong?

Florida's Covid19 dashboard
Experience

as we all know Trump trusts more "russia" than American - NATO institutes , will it be logical if he ´d trust Putin/KGB on this issue as well ? and inject Sputnik V into his and into his family butts straight forward ?

1s9dvm.jpg

"Putin noted Tuesday that one of his daughters took the vaccine and then registered high antibody levels. At this point in the scientific process, however, secondary measures such as antibody levels do not confirm that a vaccine is effective.

It’s not hard to see why Putin’s government might be willing to gamble on an inadequately tested vaccine. If it works, the country could get back to normal more rapidly. And a win in the vaccine race could burnish Putin’s reputation at home and abroad. But the potential to lose this bet is enormous, and the cost may come in lives."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f49f8c-dbea-11ea-b4f1-25b762cdbbf4_story.html
Germany warns Russia'''s coronavirus vaccine has not been fully tested - Business Insider

Ever wonder why Mueller did not put the blame on Putin either? He had no proof it was done by Putin.

Oh they made cars alright!
My favorite was what they did to the venerable Italian FIAT 124.
To quote Jeremy Clarkson from BBC Top Gear:

:lamo :lamo :lamo

So why are Democrats especially afraid of the Russians yet do not fear the more powerful Chinese?

So why are Democrats especially afraid of the Russians yet do not fear the more powerful Chinese?

What are you blathering about now?
I don't recall anyone saying Dems are afraid of the Russians.
Here's what I think you're intentionally pissing yourself over:

The Democrats have warned us that Vladimir Putin is a danger to the entire free world, and considering we are or were the superpower, that means that Putin is a clear and present danger to OUR democracy, all the way to the core of our constitutional republic.

Stop projecting YOUR fear onto other people.
We handled the USSR for well nigh going on eighty years, we handled the Russians after that.
Now, with Trump in power, we suck up to Putin.

The reality is, the only thing you know about Democrats is what comes from your nightly downloads.

Toilet-Heads-Watching-TV-520x245.jpg

Who got into space first? Who put the first human into Earth orbit? Whose rocket motors has the US been using to get into space, until very recently?

America’s TOP space rocket will fly using RUSSIAN engines | World | News | Express.co.uk

There are lots of vaccines out there right now

All in testing stages, at least 3 at stage three large scale human testing.

What Russia has done is skipping the stage 3 phase and going into near normal usage.

Russia did and still does have some very highly educated scientists and engineers.

Back
Top Bottom