• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia denies wrongdoing after jet barrel-rolls over U.S. aircraft

Why? To what end?
Seriously, dude, I want to know why you'd start a war over meaningless ****.

It wouldn't start a war but it would put an end to Russian acts of naked aggression against US aircraft and vessels which are putting the lives of US service men and women at risk.

That means absolutely nothing.
So some Russian pilot got frisky around an American airship. Does it need to be directed by the Kremlin or is it possible that in Russia the same types of young, aggressive, Alpha-oriented men are trained as fighter pilots as in the USA?

Because TOP GUN isn't real life.

Lol.....

And the hate America first crowd weighs in.

So sad, but so typical, when a truthful statement is "interpreted" to be a Hate America statement. Gawd, what children we are.

No they should shoot down aircraft which breach their flight paths and put US lives at risk through overt acts of aggression, but yes the only good Russian soldier is a dead Russian soldier.

Fighter pilots doing stunt flying isn't an act of aggression. They're showing off. It's what pilots do.

Lol.....

And the hate America first crowd weighs in.

Listen to these people. Pointing out the plane was near Russia means you hate America.

Right wingers. Gotta love em.

Real manly man would have started World War 3 by now. Thats how you look tough. Respond to annoyances with extreme violence. Yeah. *spits* Lookin' tough

If Obama was a real man, Putin wouldn't be traipsing around all over the region like a kid in a candy store, that's for sure.

If Putin was a real man, he would have sunk that ship himself! On horseback. With a rifle. And no shirt.

Do we really need a war with Russia and depend on Obamaski to win it?

If Obama was a real man, Putin wouldn't be traipsing around all over the region like a kid in a candy store, that's for sure.

I love these people. It's not even high school bully logic. It's the logic of fictional high school bullies portrayed in movies.

So, Russia's leadership and military are going to change their behavior, change their goals, change their actions, if Obama... what, talks up a big game? Works out more? Maybe shoots a deer or two? Chews tobacco? International politics revolving entirely around acting like a tough guy.

Maybe if Obama just dropped some more F-bombs, Russia wouldn't have a national interest in Crimea. That's how politics works to these people.

You people never learned the difference between acting tough and being a man. No, wait. Being an adult. Because adults don't start wars over hotdogging pilot shenanigans.

Another day, another thread full of right-wingers who never did learn the difference between looking tough and being tough.

Another day, another thread full of commies who habitually put down their own country while making excuses for its adversaries.

Another day, another thread full of commies who habitually put down their own country while making excuses for its adversaries.

Yes, it's "putting down your own country" to geographically identify a location of an incident. Yep. People who love America would have lied and said the incident was somewhere else.

I love these people. It's not even high school bully logic. It's the logic of fictional high school bullies portrayed in movies.

So, Russia's leadership and military are going to change their behavior, change their goals, change their actions, if Obama... what, talks up a big game? Works out more? Maybe shoots a deer or two? Chews tobacco? International politics revolving entirely around acting like a tough guy.

Maybe if Obama just dropped some more F-bombs, Russia wouldn't have a national interest in Crimea. That's how politics works to these people.

You people never learned the difference between acting tough and being a man. No, wait. Being an adult. Because adults don't start wars over hotdogging pilot shenanigans.

Who said anything about starting a war?

Obama won't even impose a sanction. He gave Iran billions of dollars just to talk to us about nukes, which they are building anyway.

Putin could take over all of Crimea, and Obama would literally do nothing. Putin knows this.

I think you got pushed around quite a bit.

Obama won't even impose a sanction. He gave Iran billions of dollars just to talk to us about nukes, which they are building anyway.

Putin could take over all of Crimea, and Obama would literally do nothing. Putin knows this.

Uh......he already did. A while ago.

Russia also has had sanctions laid on them for several years now.

So we should simply tolerate these provocations with no response whatsoever?

What do you suggest then?

I asked first. :mrgreen:

I look at exchanges like this and I think: It's strange....

.....I voted for Obama and I seem to have a much easier time articulating exactly why I'm so disappointed in him and what he should have done instead. His constant detractors, however, never seem to have the slightest clue what he should have done. It's just endless paraphrasings of "Obama is bad because Obama shut up," they explain.

Obama's foreign policy is a failure because Iran will keep working towards a bomb, they say, but there's never an explanation for how they would have stopped Iran from doing this completely.

Same when it comes to Russia buzzing our military, same when it comes to the aftermath of the Libyan rebellion, same when it comes to the Egyptian people ousting Mubarak, etc etc etc.

Suggestion: conservatives, just be quiet. Everyone knows you hate Obama. K? They get it. Instead of endlessly blaming everything on Obama, then cutting & running, how about actually explain what you would do (or Obama should have done) that would stop whatever it is your blaming on Obama from happening. Otherwise, the commentary is useless.

Thus, instead of hiding behind "I asked first", countryboy and everyone who thinks alike needs to explain exactly what Obama should do about this buzzing, exactly why it would work, and exactly why it would be worth the risks it would entail.

Last edited:
I look at exchanges like this and I think: It's strange....

.....I voted for Obama and I seem to have a much easier time articulating exactly why I'm so disappointed in him and what he should have done instead. His constant detractors, however, never seem to have the slightest clue what he should have done. It's just endless paraphrasings of "Obama is bad because Obama shut up," they explain.

Obama's foreign policy is a failure because Iran will keep working towards a bomb, they say, but there's never an explanation for how they would have stopped Iran from doing this completely.

Same when it comes to Russia buzzing our military, same when it comes to the aftermath of the Libyan rebellion, same when it comes to the Egyptian people ousting Mubarak, etc etc etc.

Suggestion: conservatives, just be quiet. Everyone knows you hate Obama. K? They get it. Instead of endlessly blaming everything on Obama, then cutting & running, how about actually explain what you would do (or Obama should have done) that would stop whatever it is your blaming on Obama from happening. Otherwise, the commentary is useless.

Thus, instead of hiding behind "I asked first", countryboy and everyone who thinks alike needs to explain exactly what Obama should do about this buzzing, exactly why it would work, and exactly why it would be worth the risks it would entail.

Libs often play this silly game. I am perfectly willing to discuss my opinion. It's called an exchange of ideas, and the person who I responded to with "I asked first", wasn't even the person who never did answer my question. So, :rolleyes:

I noticed you didn't venture to answer the question either. What would be the appropriate response?

Libs often play this silly game. I am perfectly willing to discuss my opinion. It's called an exchange of ideas, and the person who I responded to with "I asked first", wasn't even the person who never did answer my question. So, :rolleyes:

I noticed you didn't venture to answer the question either. What would be the appropriate response?

I didn't venture to answer the question BECAUSE I'M NOT THE ONE WHO BLAMED OBAMA.

That was kind of the entire point of the post you responded to. You say Obama is making it worse? Then explain exactly what you would do instead, why it would work, and why it would be worth the risks as compared to current policy.

Otherwise, you're just doing what the GOP/Fox want you to do.

I didn't venture to answer the question BECAUSE I'M NOT THE ONE WHO BLAMED OBAMA.

That was kind of the entire point of the post you responded to. You say Obama is making it worse? Then explain exactly what you would do instead, why it would work, and why it would be worth the risks as compared to current policy.

Quotes of me saying that. Thanks.

This is the post I responded to. Feel free to point out how you could have possibly gleaned what you allege above from it.

A strong leader would have started WW3 by now. Or at least sent a nasty letter. :roll:

What do you suggest then?

If I were Obama I would call Putin directly and ask him to stop with the shenanigans. If that fails to put a stop to it I would warn Russia that any more flights within a reasonable range of our assets will be shot down and point out his little display isnt worth a multi million dollar aircraft and crew.

What you may have done in what aircraft does not interest me. It is irrelevant to your claim that the U.S. was the provocateur in this case and that blaming the Russians is "propaganda." When the U.S. is flying its aircraft normally in international airspace, anywhere in the world, it is entirely within its rights. Your actions speak louder than your words--no one who did not resent the U.S. would blame it for having one of its reconnaissance aircraft interfered with in this way by a foreign military aircraft.

The reconnaissance plane IS a military aircraft. What do you think it was doing there? Taking scenic photos for a landscapes contest on viewbug? No. It was booking it over the Baltic towards Russian territory and no international law says any nation hast to wait for unknown aircraft to enter their airspace before intercepting. They can and do give the same response as we and our allies do whenever they feel like testing the boundaries of response time too. The difference is that the United States is being a big fat baby about it this time.

Last edited:

Ahh, so you want Obama to impose economic sanctions against a superpower over fighter pilot hotdogging.

Ahh, so you want Obama to impose economic sanctions against a superpower over fighter pilot hotdogging.

And what's wrong with that?

Besides, it would not just be over this 1 incident. It would be for the dozens of times Russian Bombers have violated American airspace since Obungle's been in office.

Back
Top Bottom