• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Defies West as NATO Urges Cooperation Over Navalny

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russia Defies West as NATO Urges Cooperation Over Navalny

alexei-navalny-03-ap-jef-180104_16x9_608.jpg

9/4/20
Russia defied threats of new Western sanctions Friday in a staring match over the poisoning of Alexei Navalny, as NATO demanded Moscow uncover its Novichok nerve agent programme. A new crisis in ties between Russia and the West broke out after Germany said this week there was "unequivocal evidence" that President Vladimir Putin's top foe had been poisoned using the infamous Soviet-era nerve agent Novichok. Western leaders and many Russians have expressed horror at what Navalny's allies say is the first known use of chemical weapons against a top opposition leader on Russian soil. The 44-year-old lawyer fell ill on a Siberian flight last month and was evacuated to Germany for treatment. He has been in an artificially induced coma for the past two weeks. The Kremlin has denied the Russian state is to blame, and on Friday Putin's spokesman indicated that Moscow would not budge. Russia has in the past denied responsibility for a 2018 Novichok attack on former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter in England, as well as a litany of similar incidents.

In Brussels, NATO called for an international probe into Navalny's poisoning and demanded Moscow reveal details of its Novichok nerve agent programme to the OPCW global chemical weapons watchdog. After an emergency meeting of NATO's ruling council, alliance chief Jens Stoltenberg said all members were united in condemning the "horrific" attack on Navalny. Germany briefed the other 29 nations on the case and Stoltenberg said there was "proof beyond doubt" Novichok was used. "The Russian government must fully cooperate with the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons on an impartial international investigation," Stoltenberg said. The Novichok attack on Skripal in 2018 led to seven Kremlin diplomats being expelled from their NATO mission. Ivan Zhdanov, head of Navalny's anti-corruption group, said Thursday the opposition leader's poisoning opened a "new chapter" in a Kremlin crackdown on dissent and accused Moscow of seeking to avoid responsibility. "Now the Russian state will be inventing the most absurd and crazy versions of what has happened. This is their style," he told AFP.

The new Kremlin excuse -- it was Navalny's diet. :lamo

This article by Vil Mirzayanov, who was a Soviet/Russian chemical weapons expert (1965 until 1992) explains some things about Novichok.....

Related: 'Weapon Of Terror': A Novichok Creator Tells How Navalny Case Differs From The Skripal Attack

The candidate for the post of CDU leader in Germany, Friedrich Merz, called for a two-year moratorium on the construction of Nord stream 2.

The Americans will then name some Liquefied Natural Gas tanker after Navalny. Or even an entire LNG terminal in Poland.

Trump is still ‘looking into it.’

"Russia has not received a single document from Germany on the situation with Navalny, Moscow has nothing to answer", Zakharova said.

What!? And all loud statements of politicians on camera? And angry posts on Twitter? What about Facebook investigations?

This non-modern Russia... always needed facts and documents...

Every "fighter against the regime" in Russia should understand, that one day it will be his turn to become a reason for Western sanctions.

:roll:

Maria Zakharova is nothing but a shill for the Putin regime. Exactly like Kayleigh McEnany is a shill for the Trump regime.

"NATO says that Russia should cooperate in the investigation of the Navalny case"
It sounds as if Navalny is a citizen of one of the NATO countries, not Russia.
At the same time, no one is likely to call on Germany to cooperate with Russia.

:roll:

Maria Zakharova is nothing but a shill for the Putin regime. Exactly like Kayleigh McEnany is a shill for the Trump regime.

Maria is doing her job in the highly professional way required of MFARF colleagues.

But of course, as Minister Lavrov also said today, Moscow has still not received anything from Germany.

We can't investigate if you don't provide the 'facts', or what you usually describe as the 'highly likelies'.

Yes. But the trolls pretend that is not the case.

i prefer to think of them as election interference professionals. after all, i think that potato rations count as pay, right?

i prefer to think of them as election interference professionals. after all, i think that potato rations count as pay, right?

Not sure. We could make some inquires here.

Not sure. We could make some inquires here.

i wouldn't want to do that sort of work, even for vodka. however, i am curious. do the professionals get paid by the comment, by the response, or some combination of the two?

Liquid potato rations, maybe?:mrgreen:

there's a wikipedia article about it.

Russian web brigades - Wikipedia
Yeah, they've given the otherwise quite nice Olgino district a bad name for ages now.
I'd often ask Westphalian and his ilk what the weather was like on Savushkina Street already years ago.
still sounds like a ****ty job.
Probably takes a lot of liquid potato to be able to look in the bathroom mirror when shaving. Not much of a difference in result though since, where one cut up one's face before by not looking, it's now the shaking hands.:mrgreen:

One has to be pretty down and out to take that kind of a job.

Yeah, they've given the otherwise quite nice Olgino district a bad name for ages now.
I'd often ask Westphalian and his ilk what the weather was like on Savushkina Street already years ago.Probably takes a lot of liquid potato to be able to look in the bathroom mirror when shaving. Not much of a difference in result though since, where one cut up one's face before by not looking, it's now the shaking hands.:mrgreen:

One has to be pretty down and out to take that kind of a job.

i admit that i'm somewhat of a fan of Russian liquid potatoes. i won't get specific about my brand of choice, as not being poisoned is generally one of the best parts of my weekend.

Sklifosovsky research Institute: In Navalny's primary analyses, There were no organophosphorus compounds or cholinesterase inhibitors... But of course, this is easily beaten by research on Twitter and Facebook.

Sklifosovsky research Institute: In Navalny's primary analyses, There were no organophosphorus compounds or cholinesterase inhibitors... But of course, this is easily beaten by research on Twitter and Facebook.

We're ruminating on your pay scale. What does Prighozin pay you people these days?

Russian doctors suggested tо colleagues from Germany form an expert group to determine the cause of Navalny's condition.

Crazy. Only in dictatorships do doctors determine the patient's condition.

In the Free world, this is done by politicians, bloggers, military and TV experts.

Russian doctors suggested tо colleagues from Germany form an expert group to determine the cause of Navalny's condition.

Russian doctors couldn't find their asses with a GPS.

...nor do they want to.......been a while since anyone fell out of a window!

The point was their lack of professional competence. Trust me here, you don't want an operation in 99% of Russian hospitals.

Back
Top Bottom