• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Condemns Turkey for Floating Idea of New Syria Operation

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

AAIOgLa.img

Syrian Kurds burying their dead at the hands of Erdogan.

11/19/19
Russia said on Tuesday it was bewildered by a Turkish pledge to conduct a new military operation in northern Syria if the area was not cleared of people Ankara calls terrorists, warning that any such move would damage efforts to stabilize the region. Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu was cited on Monday as saying his country would launch a new military operation in northeast Syria if the area was not cleared of Kurdish YPG militia. State-owned Anadolu agency quoted him as saying that Russia and the United States had not done what was required under agreements that halted a Turkish offensive last month and called on them to make good on their pledges. His comments, and Russia's frosty reaction to them, reflect emerging tensions over Syria between Moscow and Ankara less than a month after President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan struck a deal that saw Syrian and Russian forces deploy in northeast Syria to remove the Kurdish YPG fighters and their weapons from the border with Turkey.

Russia's Defense Ministry said on Tuesday it was puzzled by Cavusoglu's statement on several different levels and that Moscow had carried out in full its obligations under the Putin-Erdogan deal. "Thanks to a range of measures implemented by the Russian Federation, it was possible to significantly stabilize the situation," Major General Igor Konashenkov, a spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, said in a statement. "The head of the Turkish Foreign Ministry's call for military action can only escalate the situation in northern Syria rather than sort things out in the way set out in a joint memorandum signed by the presidents of Russia and Turkey," Konashenkov added. He listed areas where he thought Russia had helped bring about real progress, including quickly separating conflicting sides and conducting joint patrols with the Turkish armed forces. Moscow is in the process of deploying more Russian military police to northeast Syria, setting up field hospitals for civilians, distributing humanitarian aid and rebuilding infrastructure, he said.

Turkey and Russia carry out joint patrols in the northern Syria"safe zone". It's odd that the Russians haven't seen the YPG violations that Turkey claims exist.

Probably what this boils down to is Erdogan is not satisfied with ~500 Kurds killed since the US pulled out. He wants more. Many more.

And perhaps Trump promised him many more dead Kurds when Erdogan visited D.C. last Wednesday.

AAIOgLa.img

Syrian Kurds burying their dead at the hands of Erdogan.

Turkey and Russia carry out joint patrols in the northern Syria"safe zone". It's odd that the Russians haven't seen the YPG violations that Turkey claims exist.

Probably what this boils down to is Erdogan is not satisfied with ~500 Kurds killed since the US pulled out. He wants more. Many more.

Sucks to be Russia right about now, but Turkey is their problem now.

And perhaps Trump promised him many more dead Kurds when Erdogan visited D.C. last Wednesday.

Do you have anything that would support this speculation? Or did you just inject this connect Trump to this **** show?

I thought Trump sorted all this out.

Though I don't see how Russia is surprised that Turkey wants to kill Kurds, they've been on this kick for awhile.

Do you have anything that would support this speculation? Or did you just inject this connect Trump to this **** show?

Those ~500 murdered Kurds would still be alive were if not for Trumps October betrayal.

Those ~500 murdered Kurds would still be alive were if not for Trumps October betrayal.

Not necessarily.

But it's also possible that up to 50 Americans could have been killed "if not for Trumps October betrayal".

Not necessarily.

But it's also possible that up to 50 Americans could have been killed "if not for Trumps October betrayal".

I doubt those battle-hardened soldiers were very much concerned, if at all, with their own mortality. They were there to do a job, and part of that job is dangerous and could result in their death, and I'm sure they were well aware of that when they joined up.

They were betrayed by their commander-in-chief, full stop.

I doubt those battle-hardened soldiers were very much concerned, if at all, with their own mortality. They were there to do a job, and part of that job is dangerous and could result in their death, and I'm sure they were well aware of that when they joined up.

They were betrayed by their commander-in-chief, full stop.

Your characterization of the concerns of those soldiers has no basis. Simply put, you don't know if they cared about "their own mortality" or not.

But the fact is, Trump was concerned about their mortality. He stated many times that he cared and that part of his decision was based on that care. Also, it is the President's decision as to what their job is.

So no...they were NOT "betrayed by their commander-in-chief".

But the fact is, Trump was concerned about their mortality.

Sounds more like an alternative fact than anything.

He stated many times that he cared and that part of his decision was based on that care.

And I or you should just blindly trust him... why?

Also, it is the President's decision as to what their job is.

Lolwut

You have stated literally zero facts to back up this assertion. ZERO. (And no, alternative "facts" count they do not) And on the other hand Donald Trump self-incriminates daily. But you've probably got your mental gymnastics to be able to tune this out down pat, considering I've never ONCE seen you grow a spine and criticize Trump, not ONCE. In your 50 **** THOUSAND post count.

Not.

A

Single

****ing

Instance

Sounds more like an alternative fact than anything.

And I or you should just blindly trust him... why?

Lolwut

As I said, Trump stated many times that he cared about the US soldiers in the area. This isn't an "alternative fact". It is public record.

You are free to believe him or not...your choice.

Are you unaware of the authority of the Commander-In-Chief?

~snipped the personal attack~

And I would caution you about making further personal attacks. Don't do it.

LMAO! Are you ****ing serious?! Since WHEN is making a BLATANTLY OBJECTIVE OBSERVATION ABOUT YOUR POSTING HISTORY A <"pErSoNaLaTtAcK">

Fail, just ****ing fail. The rest of your post isn't worth responding to because not only is it incorrect, but unfunny. If you are going to be wrong, at least try to be a WEE bit funny, otherwise you're just being a forum pariah.

Your characterization of the concerns of those soldiers has no basis. Simply put, you don't know if they cared about "their own mortality" or not.

But the fact is, Trump was concerned about their mortality. He stated many times that he cared and that part of his decision was based on that care. Also, it is the President's decision as to what their job is.

Those US soldiers had been in place since December of 2018.

Trump suddenly became worried about their position in October of 2019?

:rofl

Trump doesn't care about anything other than Trump.

Those US soldiers had been in place since December of 2018.

Trump suddenly became worried about their position in October of 2019?

:rofl

Trump doesn't care about anything other than Trump.

It wasn't until Oct that they were under direct threat from a Turkish invasion of Syria.

Yeah...I'd say that's a good time to be worried and a good time to take action.

It wasn't until Oct that they were under direct threat from a Turkish invasion of Syria.

Yeah...I'd say that's a good time to be worried and a good time to take action.

Erdogan would kill 50 US soldiers?

Even he isn't that crazy.

Which is why he simply sent them to Iraq until Iraq said "no", then sent 600 back to Syria and the rest to other places they might get shot in?

Trump, the guy who once joked about how an old man fell over at an event and Trump thought, eww gross?

:thinking

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.”

Thank God for the Marines. “What happens is, these 10 Marines from the back of the room… they come running forward, they grab him, they put the blood all over the place—it’s all over their uniforms—they’re taking it, they’re swiping [it], they ran him out, they created a stretcher. They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side,” shared Trump. “I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

The Time Donald Trump Turned Away in Disgust While a Man Was Bleeding to Death in Front of Him

Plays audio: YouTube

There's your "concern for mortality." Anyone who does not run to help - unless they literally have an aversion to blood so bad they would fall over unconscious and possibly hurt themselves - runs over and helps. And if they have that strong an aversion? If they do, they don't joke about it. It's not a funny story.

Dude's a sociopath.

You can find the Stern video if you want to claim they edited it, which you will. or say it doesn't matter. Or....well any old bull****, right?

Back
Top Bottom