• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia’s Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize......

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Russian President Vladimir Putin was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by an advocacy group that credits him with bringing about a peaceful resolution to the Syrian-U.S. dispute over chemical weapons.

th

The Russian advocacy group International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World nominated Mr. Putin, characterizing his forged agreement with Syrian President Bashar Assad — to turn over admitted chemical weapons cache to international authorities — a world-class and prize-worthy piece of diplomacy, United Press International reported.

The group also took a dig at the United States.

While announcing the nomination during a press conference in Moscow, group officials said Mr. Putin deserved the Peace Prize much more than President Obama, who won the recognition in 2009.....snip~

Russia

Can you believe this? How truly they have made the Nobel Peace prize into nothing but a hollow trophy. Does anyone think Putin deserves this award or to be Nominated for it?

Russian President Vladimir Putin was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by an advocacy group that credits him with bringing about a peaceful resolution to the Syrian-U.S. dispute over chemical weapons.

th

The Russian advocacy group International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World nominated Mr. Putin, characterizing his forged agreement with Syrian President Bashar Assad — to turn over admitted chemical weapons cache to international authorities — a world-class and prize-worthy piece of diplomacy, United Press International reported.

While announcing the nomination during a press conference in Moscow, group officials said Mr. Putin deserved the Peace Prize much more than President Obama, who won the recognition in 2009.....snip~

Russia

Can you believe this? How truly they have made the Nobel Peace prize into nothing but a hollow trophy. Does anyone think Putin deserves this award or to be Nominated for it?

End the Civil War with some concessions to the pro-democracy faction and we'll talk.

Ah yes, I too believe we should reward Putin's noble effort to protect his buddy Assad and to continue profiting by selling Assad weapons so that he can continue to slaughter the Syrian people. Putin is truly a great man.

Maybe they'll just give it to Obama again.

Hitler got nominated for it in 1939. I'm pretty sure Putin isn't the worse nominee.

Anyway. There are 250+ nominations already.

th

Russia

Morning MMC:2wave:I think it would be fitting for Obama's prize be given
to Putin since Barry didn"t deserve his.:twocents:

Ah yes, I too believe we should reward Putin's noble effort to protect his buddy Assad and to continue profiting by selling Assad weapons so that he can continue to slaughter the Syrian people. Putin is truly a great man.

Well, they can't really count Assad slaughtering those civilians that make up the underground, that aid, assist and abet the Rebels/Terrorists.

Course they don't want to harp to much about the Rebels/Terrorists that are out slaughtering innocent people.....who aren't even helping Assad.

Maybe they'll just give it to Obama again.

Mornin' Rocket. :2wave: Nah.....Obama told then he wants an Award that really means something. That will hold the moment so to speak. So he wants the Golden Globe Award.....for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama. :2razz:

Hitler got nominated for it in 1939. I'm pretty sure Putin isn't the worse nominee.

Anyway. There are 250+ nominations already.

Mornin RM. :2wave: Yeah.....that's True. Still just over Syria. I mean cmon.....they should have had a list or something. Not just for Syria. As nothing is resolved there yet.

He'll be in good company - right up there with Arafat.

Russia charges 14 from Greenpeace ship with piracy - The Washington Post

Russian authorities turned their informal descriptions of Greenpeace activists as pirates into legal charges Wednesday, the latest escalation in a saga that began two weeks ago as a protest against drilling in the Arctic.

Prosecutors charged 14 people — including a British journalist — with piracy, which carries a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison. An additional 16 await formal charges. All 30 had been ordered detained for two months while the investigation proceeds.

Morning MMC:2wave:I think it would be fitting for Obama's prize be given
to Putin since Barry didn"t deserve his.:twocents:

Mornin' Penn.....Now if Assad makes it another year. "What", he will be next Right?

Mornin' Penn.....Now if Assad makes it another year. "What", he will be next Right?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.The leftists are getting weirder every day!!:2razz:

He'll be in good company - right up there with Arafat.

Let's hope the Nobel peace prize can be hammered into a golden medal..so he can wear it the next time he goes horse riding without a shirt..:roll:

Let's hope the Nobel peace prize can be hammered into a golden medal..so he can wear it the next time he goes horse riding without a shirt..:roll:
The shirt business is irritating. It's not like the guy is built, or anything. I'm thinking the other kids must have kicked old Putey around when he was a little KGB tyke.

The shirt business is irritating. It's not like the guy is built, or anything. I'm thinking the other kids must have kicked old Putey around when he was a little KGB tyke.

I think he needs a chest hairpiece...and a Cossack's hat personally...

He looks like the guy no-one chose to be in their team!!

Nah.....that's not the way it worked with Putin. :2razz:

3p13ri.jpg

th

smoker.gif

th

Russia

By gosh! :shock:

Were we not joking the other day that Obama should provide the Noble Prize to Putin? Look it somewhat really happened!

I think he needs a chest hairpiece...and a Cossack's hat personally...

He looks like the guy no-one chose to be in their team!!
They all like him now. Otherwise he'll have 'em killed. Soup? Anyone?

Course they don't want to harp to much about the Rebels/Terrorists that are out slaughtering innocent people.....who aren't even helping Assad.
I agree, when it comes to our compassion for Syrian casualties it's very important that we keep our criticism focused solely on the Syrian rebels while giving Assad and Putin a complete free pass.

They all like him now. Otherwise he'll have 'em killed. Soup? Anyone?

Of course they all like him..he has potentially diffused WW3..By stating that he will feel obliged to protect his ally..Syria...

He made no bones about it..

Quick West..change of underpants time!!:eek:

Of course they all like him..he has potentially diffused WW3..By stating that he will feel obliged to protect his ally..Syria...

He made no bones about it..

Quick West..change of underpants time!!:eek:
Whereas Obama seems to have encountered a lot of bones laying all around that red line. It's what we like to call the president's decisiveness. Obama really knew from the start that he wouldn't do what he said he would. We like to call that leadership. Decisive leadership.

Mornin RM. :2wave: Yeah.....that's True. Still just over Syria. I mean cmon.....they should have had a list or something. Not just for Syria. As nothing is resolved there yet.

I always said that the people who deserve the Nobel peace prize every year are the people from Medicins Sans Frontier. These doctors go in god damn warzones where their lives are in danger to save people and heal them and give them shelter. And they've been at it for 30-40years now. At least one doctor from doctors without borders should win the nobel peace prize every year and then, if you want to have more than 1 laureat (it's possible to have more than 1) then fine, give it to someone for geopolitical reasons.

Back
Top Bottom