• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia’s biggest chemical plant burns down in second suspicious fire in a day

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A huge fire has ripped through one of Russia’s biggest chemical plants as they fight a brutal war in Ukraine.
Dramatic video shows smoke billowing from the Dmitrievsky Chemical Plant in the Russian city of Kineshma, about 250 miles east of Moscow.
The site is home to the largest manufacturer of chemical solvents in the country and is approximately 950km from the border with Ukraine.
It is not currently known what caused the blaze to start, however, it comes on the same day that a huge defence plant blaze broke out, killing seven people.

The Dmitrievsky Chemical Plant describes itself as the largest producer of butyl acetate and industrial solvents in Russia and Eastern Europe.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/russias-biggest-chemical-plant-burns-26768693

It appears to me that the Russian people are finding other ways to protest this illegal war since getting arrested is not working. There have been many more fires like these all over Russia/

A huge fire has ripped through one of Russia’s biggest chemical plants as they fight a brutal war in Ukraine.
Dramatic video shows smoke billowing from the Dmitrievsky Chemical Plant in the Russian city of Kineshma, about 250 miles east of Moscow.
The site is home to the largest manufacturer of chemical solvents in the country and is approximately 950km from the border with Ukraine.
It is not currently known what caused the blaze to start, however, it comes on the same day that a huge defence plant blaze broke out, killing seven people.

The Dmitrievsky Chemical Plant describes itself as the largest producer of butyl acetate and industrial solvents in Russia and Eastern Europe.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/russias-biggest-chemical-plant-burns-26768693

It appears to me that the Russian people are finding other ways to protest this illegal war since getting arrested is not working. There have been many more fires like these all over Russia/
I didn’t see any reference to this in the link. Is there a link for this or is this conjecture?

I didn’t see any reference to this in the link. Is there a link for this or is this conjecture?
I said "it appears to me". Do you have another opinion of the cause of the rash of fires throughout Russia?

I said "it appears to me". Do you have another opinion of the cause of the rash of fires throughout Russia?
They are in a state of “special military operation.” I try not to speculate………not picking a SMO here…….

They are in a state of “special military operation.” I try not to speculate………not picking a SMO here…….
The invaded Ukraine to conquer it you mean. If you have no opinion why bother posting? The world has chosen sides but you want to sit it out?

If you have no opinion why bother posting? The world has chosen sides but you want to sit it out?
I’m not sitting out, I pulled my turn on the wall.

I think it’s a poor idea to opine that Russian citizens are torching, in country factories without any solid evidence.

Edit: I didn’t see “suspicious” in the linked article, did I miss something?

The destruction of key Russian infrastructure will continue. It's no accident.

I'm not going to sing the Burn Baby Burn song. Not gonna do it.

Kyiv all but admitted causing these "accidents" without really admitting it.

Mykhailo Podolyak, advisor to Ukraine president Zelenskyy, had tweeted that reports of explosions in three Russian regions near Ukraine’s eastern border — including Belgorod, where Kremlin officials earlier this month accused Ukraine of carrying out a helicopter attack against a fuel depot — were “karma.” Podolyak cited “different reasons” — including possible “divine intervention” — for the alleged attacks, but he did not confirm or deny whether Ukraine was responsible. “If you decided to attack another country en masse, kill everyone there en masse, crush civilians with tanks en masse, and use warehouses in your regions to ensure the killings, then sooner or later the debts will have to be repaid,” Podolyak said in a Telegram post written in Russian. “Karma is a cruel thing.” Podolyak also suggested on Ukrainian state television that the pace of the attacks could increase in line with the rise in tensions in Ukraine, according to Ukrainian Pravda.

Kremlin slams West for backing Ukraine’s right to strike Russia back

Back
Top Bottom