• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia’s Population Declines in 2018 for First Time in a Decade

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russia’s Population Declines in 2018 for First Time in a Decade | The Moscow Times

dc7fc54397cd4257a2e71316c153ca27.jpg

Declining birthrate / increasing mortality rate.

12/21/18
The Russian population is on track to decrease for the first time in a decade, unable to cope with a demographic slump the government has tried to reverse in recent years. Russia is in the midst of a second demographic crisis as those who were born after the collapse of the Soviet Union reach their prime childbearing age. In his 2018 election campaign, President Vladimir Putin pledged to spend $8.6 billion over the next three years on programs including mortgage subsidies and payouts to families to encourage procreation. Russia’s overall population between January and October declined by 78,700 to total 146.8 million, the Rosstat statistics agency said in a report published on Wednesday. An immigrant inflow of almost 101,800 people was unable to shore up population numbers as in previous years, only covering 56.4 percent of the natural decline of 180,500 people — as deaths continued to outstrip births in 2018. “This situation is emerging for the first time this decade,” the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration’s (RANEPA) said Wednesday in its analysis of the third-quarter data.

The last time Russia’s population decreased and migration was unable to reverse that trend was in 2008, according to RANEPA’s lead demographics researcher Nikita Mkrtchyan. “The two months [remaining in 2018] won’t be able to close the discrepancy between natural loss and migration growth,” the RBC news website quoted Mkrtchyan as saying Thursday. Rosstat said a total of 1.3 million babies were born between January and October, down by 66,000 over the same period in 2017, as birth rates declined in 83 of 85 Russian regions. Meanwhile, 1.5 million deaths were recorded in Russia in the first ten months of 2018.

Not even the hated immigrants from the southern Stan nations can keep Russia's negative-curve population afloat.

And some Russian knucklehead here was just recently enjoying a declining Ukrainian population. I tried to tell him about people living in glass houses.

Related: UN Predicts Falling Population, Rising Urbanization in Russia Through 2050

Russia’s Population Declines in 2018 for First Time in a Decade | The Moscow Times

Not even the hated immigrants from the southern Stan nations can keep Russia's negative-curve population afloat.

And some Russian knucklehead here was just recently enjoying a declining Ukrainian population. I tried to tell him about people living in glass houses.

Related: UN Predicts Falling Population, Rising Urbanization in Russia Through 2050

I've never denied the demographic problem which, let me remind you,was caused by the economic chaos and poverty inflicted during the Yeltsin era. What we see now is the start of the second slump.

Russia is working hard to improve its demographics, and yes, it is a challenge which we all acknowledge. Unlike you I live in the real world, and Russia has problems which are freely acknowledged in the Kremlin. Without realism comes decline, self aggrandisement, and an irritable arrogant hubris mixed with disbelief and denial - sound familiar? #Washington

Russia needs more people. That is true and Moscow is working on it.

even emigrant Muslims can not save Muscovite demography LOL

original.jpg

12c2ab22-3ae4-4aa5-90bf-1c0608efdbac.jpg

3623adf431d541719d8a6b53dc82dd5a_18.jpg

moscow-russia-24th-sep-2015-an-aerial-view-of-muslims-praying-outside-F2TK5D.jpg

I've never denied the demographic problem which, let me remind you,was caused by the economic chaos and poverty inflicted during the Yeltsin era. What we see now is the start of the second slump.

Russia is working hard to improve its demographics, and yes, it is a challenge which we all acknowledge. Unlike you I live in the real world, and Russia has problems which are freely acknowledged in the Kremlin. Without realism comes decline, self aggrandisement, and an irritable arrogant hubris mixed with disbelief and denial - sound familiar? #Washington

Hmmm. Sounds like you and the "knucklehead" mentioned in the OP might have something in common. The "I've never denied..." seems to point that way. Just guessing, mind you, just guessing. It could be completely the opposite. It very well could be that you're covering for an entirely different knucklehead, er, poster. Anyway, don't take it to heart. I, myself, have been declared a knucklehead many times today on this very site. Why, the entire site could be absolutely filled with knuckleheads, so...

Who would immigrate to Russia besides poor people from Russia's southern neighbor states and North Koreans?

Who wants to live in a pariah state in which the regime controls the media, elections, the passage of laws, etc. etc. etc.

Do I detect a celebratory tone in your reporting of this story?

Who would immigrate to Russia besides poor people from Russia's southern neighbor states and North Koreans?

Who wants to live in a pariah state in which the regime controls the media, elections, the passage of laws, etc. etc. etc.

Funnily enough, Ukrainians. :lol:

Funnily enough, Ukrainians. :lol:

Only because there was intermarriage and families/relatives living on both sides of the border..

That will slow down considerably now.

I see pictures of people at Trump rallies with shirts saying 'they rather be Russian than a Democrat'.

Maybe they'll head to Russia and give it a boost in population. And because they are mostly likely to be old, miserable men, Russia can have them.

You blame this on the Yeltsin era?

Really?

I see pictures of people at Trump rallies with shirts saying 'they rather be Russian than a Democrat'.

Maybe they'll head to Russia and give it a boost in population. And because they are mostly likely to be old, miserable men, Russia can have them.
+1
2 old farts ( impotents )

Dj6h87LUwAAo7IG.jpg

'Better Red than Dead' was probably a slogan your ancestors voiced at one time.

'Better Red than Dead' was probably a slogan your ancestors voiced at one time.

Nah, both me and my family were die-hard Republicans during the Vietnam War and the Cold War.

I did wake up to how evil and disgusting the GOP became around 2008.. Back during the Cold War the Republicans actually hated the Russians, now Trump, and you Trumpster Traitor Republicans are on your knees in front of the ex-KGB commie Vlad.

He's outnumbered by the dozens of Russian Jewish oligarchs, isn't he?

some of them are Muslims , are very few are ethnic Muscovite, still there is no Jewish conspiracy , its just an old mongol empire

Nah, both me and my family were die-hard Republicans during the Vietnam War and the Cold War.

I did wake up to how evil and disgusting the GOP became around 2008.. Back during the Cold War the Republicans actually hated the Russians, now Trump, and you Trumpster Traitor Republicans are on your knees in front of the ex-KGB commie Vlad.

I neither fear Putin, nor idolize him. He's a little dictator in a world of real and would-be dictators. Xi Jinping appointing himself dictator for life was troubling, yet largely ignored by Democrats. I believe that your side is engaged in a disinformation campaign, geared towards instilling fear of the lesser of two enemies, for political gain.

some of them are Muslims , are very few are ethnic Muscovite, still there is no Jewish conspiracy , its just an old mongol empire

It's one thing to tout the religious/ethnic background of Ramzan Kadyrov, and ask what Putin is doing by associating with a....blech...wealthy Muslim . Quite another to mention the backgrounds of those who actually hold the predominant wealth and power in Russia. Those must not be mentioned.

I neither fear Putin, nor idolize him. He's a little dictator in a world of real and would-be dictators. Xi Jinping appointing himself dictator for life was troubling, yet largely ignored by Democrats. I believe that your side is engaged in a disinformation campaign, geared towards instilling fear of the lesser of two enemies, for political gain.
Ignored by the Dems?

WTF? Trump talking about AND PRAISING Jinping:

He's now president for life, president for life. And he's great," Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump's remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday," Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters

You Trumpsters do realize there is a thing called Google and your lies and BS is easy to check.

Ignored by the Dems?

WTF? Trump talking about AND PRAISING Jinping:

You Trumpsters do realize there is a thing called Google and your lies and BS is easy to check.

But in his closed-door speech on Saturday, Trump joked about the term-limits move, saying Xi is now “president for life. President for life. No, he’s great. And, look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great.”

Even the Bezos Post admitted Trump was joking. Try again Senor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ome-day/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5dafb0f1071e

But in his closed-door speech on Saturday, Trump joked about the term-limits move, saying Xi is now “president for life. President for life. No, he’s great. And, look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great.”

Even the Bezos Post admitted Trump was joking. Try again Senor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ome-day/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5dafb0f1071e

Trump has no sense of humor...

BTW from your link:

It’s a strange jab from a leader who has earned a reputation as cozying up to dictators.

Trump has repeatedly praised Xi, as well as Russian President Vladimir Putin (Trump said Putin gets an “A” in leadership), Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte. Duterte’s notorious war on drugs has killed thousands of people — most of them on the streets by police, with no opportunity for a fair trial or protection. In May, Trump said Duterte was doing an “unbelievable job on the drug problem.”

Trump praises dictators but in your Fox propaganda world it's the Dems who cozy up to dictators.

Also Trump just left Syria because of a phone call from 1 of those dictators, Erdogan ...Even though the Pentagon and many Republicans begged him not to.

Last edited:

look like your demography is pretty much saved by them
inx960x640.jpg

Q2E-nmv-2xM.jpg

getImage

1301904697_2011-04-04_110857.jpg

Trump has no sense of humor...

BTW from your link:

Trump praises dictators but in your Fox propaganda world it's the Dems who cozy up to dictators.

Also Trump just left Syria because of a phone call from 1 of those dictators, Erdogan ...Even though the Pentagon and many Republicans begged him not to.

You guys had a ****fit over the arrest of the Huawei executive, even though her company pirates our tech, and illegally helps Iran bypass sanctions. Anything to do with China makes you wince in fear, while you make Russia out to be some monster at the door step, waiting to invade.

You guys had a ****fit over the arrest of the Huawei executive, even though her company pirates our tech, and illegally helps Iran bypass sanctions. Anything to do with China makes you wince in fear, while you make Russia out to be some monster at the door step, waiting to invade.

I don't give a damn about any Chinese exec..

Fact is the POTUS, the numero uno guy in YOUR party kisses the asses of dictators weekly. Including Jinping.. Trumps option and words matter, not mine or 'you guys'...

Funny how when a Dem says something 'words matter'.. But when Trump speaks and lies daily and kisses the asses of murderers all over the world then his words don't 'matter' to you Trumpsters.

Your hypocrisy is boundless.

Back
Top Bottom