• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
When I think of Rush, I am reminded of a segment of lyrics in Pink Floyd's epic "Dogs."

You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder
You know it's gonna get harder harder and harder as you get older
Yeah, and in the end, you'll pack up and fly down south
Hide your head in the sand
Just another sad old man
All alone and dying of cancer

So, what does a hateful man, dying all alone of cancer do as he winds down his existence on this planet? Well...

The guy's a ****, but this is just his normal schtick of telling people who outsource their thinking what they want to hear.

Limbaugh was the first radio talk show host who combined politics talk with World Wide Wrestling.

His tactic is to make villains out of democrats and heroes out of republicans.

So with the new administration, he has to slowly convince his audience that Joe is the incarnation of Satan on earth.

And Kamala? Well Kamala is black. That fact has resonance with Limbaugh's audience.

The schadenfreude of this thread is just sad. Shaking my head.
The failure to get the message of this thread is just sad. Shaking my head.

And the FACT that the sleezeball is still pushing the election was a fraud, yada, yada, yada..?
Unity is not going to be possible with those who insist on holding onto lies and delusions. I seriously recommend people turn off Rush and stop watching Sean.

And yet, Limbaugh was right about the fake Russia coup attempt and the MSM was wrong.

And yet, Limbaugh was right about the fake Russia coup attempt and the MSM was wrong.
Uh, wut?

Oh, you still believe that Trump did not collude with Russia. ..lol....sorry, he did. It's been proven.

Rush Limbaugh, all because he kept getting fired and had to move back in with his parents, stumbled on to a vile radio persona that worked (as he followed and filled in for Morton Downey Jr).

I don't hope that many people burn in Hell. He should for what he did to our country and the the slim that he spawned. And it was all for $$$$$$$.

When I think of Rush, I am reminded of a segment of lyrics in Pink Floyd's epic "Dogs."

So, what does a hateful man, dying all alone of cancer do as he winds down his existence on this planet? Well...

Who cares? He can froth all he likes. He'll be dead soon.

Are you trying to ruin Animals for me?

Rush Limbaugh, all because he kept getting fired and had to move back in with his parents, stumbled on to a vile radio persona that worked (as he followed and filled in for Morton Downey Jr).

I don't hope that many people burn in Hell. He should for what he did to our country and the the slim that he spawned. And it was all for $$$$$$$.
Best thing about those who live for $$$$ is they can't take it with them. I doubt Rush is dumb enough to believe in heaven or hell, but he probably does have the good sense to realize it's all been for nothing. His four wives are gone. All he has now is a Freedom Medal from a disgraced moron.

Are you trying to ruin Animals for me?
I love that song, and that line grabbed me by the balls in 1979. I do my best not to follow those footsteps.

You would hope that a man on his final days would choose to spend them a little better than helping to further propagate the toxic environment he is a chief architect of.

The world will be a better place when he is no longer poisoning the minds of millions every day.

Talk radio....get your listeners angry about things that they were never angry about (nor should have been), foment the anger until it is an addiction, then you can lie about anything.

Rush is a putrid man-baby.

Uh, wut?

Oh, you still believe that Trump did not collude with Russia. ..lol....sorry, he did. It's been proven.

I NEVER get tired of posting this.

What I'd like you to do is read the red items however many times it takes till the reality sets in. Forget CNN. Forget Anderson Cooper. Forget Axios, the loony liberals on Facebook, or whoever else you're getting the DNC propaganda from. Democrats and liberals typically have a real mental block on this point, to the point of delusion. I see it on the political forum all the time.

Mueller Report, Volume I, page 66, second paragraph:

[In particular,] the investigation examined whether these contacts involved or resulted in coordination or a conspiracy with the
Trump Campaign and Russia, including with respect to Russia providing assistance to the Campaign in exchange for any sort of favorable treatment in the future. Based on the available information, the investigation did not establish such coordination.

“While the investigation identified numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges,”

Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities,”

Yeah, I'd typically have some sympathy for a guy dying of cancer, but he can just go **** himself. If that's the way he wants to go out, there's a black hole where his principles are and it's actually pretty revealing. Apparently he's just that much of a partisan hack, and liar, and has decided that going out spreading bullshit to create division is the legacy he wants to leave. So, fine, I will have a figurative toast (since I don't drink) when this asshole finally departs.

Talk radio....get your listeners angry about things that they were never angry about (nor should have been), foment the anger until it is an addiction, then you can lie about anything.

Rush is a putrid man-baby.
Awful human being he is.

"Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery."

Yeah, I'd typically have some sympathy for a guy dying of cancer, but he can just go **** himself. If that's the way he wants to go out, there's a black hole where his principles are and it's actually pretty revealing. Apparently he's just that much of a partisan hack, and liar, and has decided that going out spreading bullshit to create division is the legacy he wants to leave. So, fine, I will have a figurative toast (since I don't drink) when this asshole finally departs.
Yes, it is a sad ending. But, I doubted he had an ounce of humanity in him from the start. So, I am not surprised that he chooses to go out spewing lies and promoting more hate.

The schadenfreude of this thread is just sad. Shaking my head.
To me it's more sad that Rush has decided spreading lies and creating division based on those lies is the final legacy he wants to leave this world. As he thinks back on his life, he apparently decided - hey, spreading bullshit was my gift! Deceiving my listeners was my purpose on this planet! Creating division was my purpose!

I love that song, and that line grabbed me by the balls in 1979. I do my best not to follow those footsteps.

I get it, but more apt for the past four years has been Pigs (Three Different Ones) incarnate.

Big man, pig man
Ha, ha, charade you are
You well heeled big wheel
Ha, ha, charade you are

&

Hey you, Whitehouse
Ha, ha, charade you are
You house proud town mouse
Ha, ha, charade you are
You're trying to keep our feelings off the street
You're nearly a real treat
All tight lips and cold feet