• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh--Obama's Secret Weapon [W:25]

But with you liberals, rich is evil, and you have to attack that evil, and go after that evil by stripping them of their hard earned success.

I don't do it. The government does it for me.

I don't do it. The government does it for me.

That's right the almighty government, the bigger the government the better. You can't function without it telling you how to live your life, and doing it all for you. You are one of those that is completely dependent on big daddy government.

That's right the almighty government, the bigger the government the better. You can't function without it telling you how to live your life, and doing it all for you. You are one of those that is completely dependent on big daddy government.

and I love it. Nanny, nanny, boo, boo.:2dance:

Limbaugh is like the Jedi who quits training before it is complete. the result is that he only seeks data that supports his theory rather than modifying the theory in light of new data. he has a profound lack of intellectual curiosity except when it comes to finding new streams of confirmation bias.

that being said, i actually listened to that show for the first time in years. he probably coined the talking point that the election is the result of the poor voting themselves presents from Santa Claus. this is what he believes, and he doesn't take into account that the views and demographics of the population are shifting. for example, the anti-gay thing is a big loser for the under 40 demographic, and the immigration stance has to be re-branded, because it appears xenophobic to a lot of us. also, huge swaths of us have seen directly that trickle down isn't the most efficient way to prosperity. the GOP doesn't have to abandon all of its issues, but it definitely needs better PR, and it needs to more carefully examine the different voting blocks. the party is dead on about deficits and debt, and i agree with them. but am i going to vote for them when they refuse to budge on tax increases, refuse to budge on interventionism, and toss anti-homosexual legislative priorities in to boot? no. i suspect that i'm not alone in feeling this way.

No, you are not alone, and your logic is very sound..

Perhaps you have slept through the "War on Poverty" that has raged for the past half century with no appreciable results.

All those scores of millions of children fed and housed and clothed and to you that represents "no appreciable results"?!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to compassionate conservatism? Or was it just a fraud in a Halloween costume?

All those scores of millions of children fed and housed and clothed and to you that represents "no appreciable results"?!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to compassionate conservatism? Or was it just a fraud in a Halloween costume?
Thats the best response you could come up with? Welcome to The Great Liberal Promised Land: we make poverty more bearable.

In response to American as I stated before, I typically don't follow media matters and found this on a news aggregation site. What made me think maybe there is some truth to this is limbaughs performance on family guy; not only does it show he's a good sport, he's in tune with how he is viewed, he seems to feed off of it.

Thats the best response you could come up with? Welcome to The Great Liberal Promised Land: we make poverty more bearable.

Truth and facts are always the best response.

But with you liberals, rich is evil, and you have to attack that evil, and go after that evil by stripping them of their hard earned success.

I don't think rich is evil but I do feel that since those of us in the 2 higher income brackets have a higher income we should pay a higher tax rate.
We can afford to pay a little more to help our economy grow.

A <SNIP>rom this article:

<SNIP>

Bill Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy in the 1990s, and the economy produced faster job growth and higher wages than it did after George W. Bush slashed taxes on the rich in his first term.

If you need more evidence, consider modern Germany, where taxes on the wealthy are much higher than they are here and the distribution of income is far more equal. But Germany's average annual growth has been faster than that in the United States.

You see, higher taxes on the wealthy can finance more investments in infrastructure and education, which are vital for growth and the economic prospects of the middle class.

Higher taxes on the wealthy also allow for lower taxes on the middle -- potentially restoring enough middle class purchasing power to keep the economy going.

As we've seen in recent years, when disposable income is concentrated at the top, the middle class doesn't have enough money to boost the economy.

What we should have learned over the last half century is that growth doesn't trickle down from the top. It percolates upward from working people who are adequately educated, sufficiently rewarded, and who feel they have a fair chance to make it in America.

read more:

Taxing the rich is good for the economy | Marketplace.org

I don't think rich is evil but I do feel that since those of us in the 2 higher income brackets have a higher income we should pay a higher tax rate.
We can afford to pay a little more to help our economy grow.

A <SNIP>rom this article:

read more:

Taxing the rich is good for the economy | Marketplace.org

Did you not know you already are paying higher taxes?

And you think giving more money to government is what is going to make our economy grow, I don't think your in the 2 higher income brackets. Further if you want to help our economy grow take that money you wish to give to government and start a business, or invest in a business and grow that business and hire some people. How's that for helping our economy grow.

This is great stuff, BF! It worked so well for Romney this time, let's hope it remains the Republican battle cry for the forseeable future.:applaud

So the left should be grateful for Limbaugh, correct?. A question. For those here who maintain that America does not work for 'far too many', why not? Has America worked for you?

I am not sure if America has truly worked for me. I have worked in government agencies for some years, opportunities for advancement have been quite limited. It appears that the hispanic female seems to have the best opportunities for getting the really good jobs. But on the other side I am financially better off than many people will ever be.

Being rich itself is not evil. People are entitled to being rewarded for their hard work. The problem is when the rich want to accumulate even more wealth at the expense of everyone else. Now that is evil.

Are you aware that the divide between the rich and not rich is getting wider and that they are using that wealth to buy political power in order in order to keep things as they are?

Did you not know you already are paying higher taxes?

And you think giving more money to government is what is going to make our economy grow, I don't think your in the 2 higher income brackets. Further if you want to help our economy grow take that money you wish to give to government and start a business, or invest in a business and grow that business and hire some people. How's that for helping our economy grow.

Too Funny!:)
Of course I know I am paying higher taxes than those in the lower tax brackets.
I also know that President Bush lowered the rates in 2001 and 2003 without raising revenue in other places to pay for those tax cuts.

THe fact that the tax cuts were not deficit neutral is the reason President BUsh had to make them"sunset" taxes.

BTW:
we do own a business which is why I feel it is very important that the middle and lower class have less tax burden so that they have more monies to buy housing, goods and services.
Once more money is being spent for housing, goods and services business will be doing better and can grow and hire more people.
As more people are hired more goods and services will be sold and our GDP will grow.

If that happens it will be a win/win situation for all of us.

Last edited:
Too Funny!:)
Of course I know I am paying higher taxes than those in the lower tax brackets.
I also know that President Bush lowered the rates in 2001 and 2003 without raising revenue in other places to pay for those tax cuts.

Nor has Obama in the last 4 yrs.

THe fact that the tax cuts were not deficit neutral is the reason President BUsh had to make them"sunset" taxes.

And Obama has done what?

BTW: we do own a business which is why I feel it is very important that the middle and lower class have less tax burden so that they have more monies to buy housing, goods and services.

Did you not kn know the lower class already have a less tax burden, they don't pay federal income taxes. Over 45% of Americans don't pay federal income taxes.

Once more money is being spent for housing, goods and services business will be doing better and can grow and hire more people.

You can't lower a person's income taxes when they don't pay any. So you propose that those that don't pay any federal income taxes that you give them money so they can buy housing, goods and services. You surly don't own a business. Economics is not your strong suite.

As more people are hired more goods and services will be sold and our GDP will grow.

How about try and expand that phantom business you own and hire more people so they have a job to buy housing, goods and services.

If that happens it will be a win/win situation for all of us.

You are absolutely right, if you grow your phantom business you will employ more people and that is a win/win for the unemployed. But know you want to give big daddy government more money to waste. For a person that owns a phantom business I can sure see why you think government is better at creating jobs than the private sector. Government does not create jobs they take money form people that create jobs and wealth in this country. But as a phantom business owner you don't understand this.

Did you not kn know the lower class already have a less tax burden, they don't pay federal income taxes. Over 45% of Americans don't pay federal income taxes.

So many talk about the 47% who do not pay Federal Income Tax.
Did you know that:

53% are the elderly (over 65)
20% are disabled (non-elderly)
18% are from working households (non-elderly non-disable)
Which leaves 9% .
Included in that 9% are students
and some low ranking military.

Stats from:
Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
How about try and expand that phantom business you own and hire more people so they have a job to buy housing, goods and services.
DH has owned his business over 40 years and has hired more people and has grown it. Our emplyees do have housing and are buying goods and services.

Last edited:
When I first read the title I thought Rush had finally been exposed as the Commie Leftist Liberal Parasite's inside man. You know a rabble rouser to make the right look insane and out of control. This would explain some of his unexplainable rants. It was all an act to instill fear into the Moderates over what agenda the right wing would attempt to codify if they get back into the Oval Office.

Sneaky fargin' bastages... ;)

Nor has Obama in the last 4 yrs.

And Obama has done what?

You can't lower a person's income taxes when they don't pay any. So you propose that those that don't pay any federal income taxes that you give them money so they can buy housing, goods and services. You surly don't own a business. Economics is not your strong suite.

You are absolutely right, if you grow your phantom business you will employ more people and that is a win/win for the unemployed. But know you want to give big daddy government more money to waste. For a person that owns a phantom business I can sure see why you think government is better at creating jobs than the private sector. Government does not create jobs they take money form people that create jobs and wealth in this country. But as a phantom business owner you don't understand this.

Please, tell me more about her and her "phantom" business. I am sure you guys are besties and you know everything about her.

All these conservatives want to pick on the 47 percent who don't pay taxes. They get all incensed because they are angry that their success is getting taxed. Cry me a river. You think it is more fair to tax those with nothing, rather than a 3.5% raise on those who can afford it? You're breaking my heart.

Limbaugh is like the Jedi who quits training before it is complete. the result is that he only seeks data that supports his theory rather than modifying the theory in light of new data. he has a profound lack of intellectual curiosity except when it comes to finding new streams of confirmation bias.

Well done! /Respect

Please, tell me more about her and her "phantom" business. I am sure you guys are besties and you know everything about her.

All these conservatives want to pick on the 47 percent who don't pay taxes. They get all incensed because they are angry that their success is getting taxed. Cry me a river. You think it is more fair to tax those with nothing, rather than a 3.5% raise on those who can afford it? You're breaking my heart.

No, liberals want to punish success and reward the unsuccessful.

No, liberals want to punish success and reward the unsuccessful.

Painting with a might broad brush there.

Like I said, I don't mind that 47 percent aren't paying taxes, my problem is with those who receive more back than they put in.

That's been his consistent position from back when I was a ditto head. I THINK his philosophy on the matter is 3 fold.

1. Bending over backwards to court minorities and in this case blacks could lead to the slippery slope of compromising conservative values thinking (I think incorrectly) if people supported conservative values, they would already be Republicans; the 47% doctrine in so many words.

2. Stiff necked pride. Its a we don't beg you to join us, you see what we're about and join us attitude.

3. More pride. In dealing with black Americans in particular it is inevitable that the issue of America's history with slavery, discrimination, maltreatment, etc. is going to come up. One of the cultural characteristics of American conservatism is a strong pride in American heritage. America's historical treatment of blacks does not help to affirm that pride and unfortunately depending on how its discussed can actually promote the opposite. Its much more emotionally comfortable for those heavily invested in an American can do no wrong ideal to just give a passing acknowledgment of America's history with blacks while maintaining some of the stereotypes such as blacks being big welfare state advocates when in fact black women are of all demographic groups in America are most likely to start ans operate their own businesses for example or blacks having more rags to riches stories as a per capita index than whites.

Back
Top Bottom