• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh--Obama's Secret Weapon [W:25]

I don't think we need loud talking heads on any side. We need rational folks sitting down at a table and discussing all sides in a way that isn't condescending to anyone. PBS Newshour and Meet the Press isn't to bad at this and usually CNN is decent towards all sides also.

Just a note about these shows like MtP, and NewsHour.....Usually their model for roundtable discussion is 4 libs to 1 con/rhino/moderate lib....In no way does MtP for example do anything but run directly off the WH Press director TPM.

Just a note about these shows like MtP, and NewsHour.....Usually their model for roundtable discussion is 4 libs to 1 con/rhino/moderate lib....In no way does MtP for example do anything but run directly off the WH Press director TPM.

You obviously don't watch these programs much then. As to the point about people listening to Limbaugh for entertainment I don't ever buy that line.

Limbaugh both helps and hurts the right. He energizes and educates a significant number of people, but he also says things that play into the hands of the Democrats. His Fluke comments hurt us.

Personally, I don't listen to him. In fact, I don't listen to any radio or watch any tv news as most of it is garbage. From FNC to NPR and PBS, it is 90% trash.

I have said for a long time now that there should be a channel on TV which runs 24/7/365 with a never ending string of Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Coulter and the other shrieking voices of the far right and it should be free on every system. There is no better way to expose the sheer idiocy of that perspective and the dishonest tactics they employ than by letting every American see it in its cold ugly nakendness.

I have said for a long time now that there should be a channel on TV which runs 24/7/365 with a never ending string of Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Coulter and the other shrieking voices of the far right and it should be free on every system. There is no better way to expose the sheer idiocy of that perspective and the dishonest tactics they employ than by letting every American see it in its cold ugly nakendness.

that might come close to balancing out ABC/NBC/CBS that has a never ending stream of shrieking voices of the far left and those who cyber fellate Obama constantly such as David Letterman, Katie Couric etc

Where did Rusy say "stay white" ? I just don't see that quote anywhere in the provided link. If he didn't actually say that quote this debate is not about Rush it is about a false and misleading headline.

that might come close to balancing out ABC/NBC/CBS that has a never ending stream of shrieking voices of the far left and those who cyber fellate Obama constantly such as David Letterman, Katie Couric etc

That only has an ounce of truth to it if one defines FAR LEFT as anything other than what is comforting to the True Believers of the far right. And, of course, that is what so many prostrating themselves before the right wing altar use as their measuring stick.

I didn't equate the opinion of most voters with progression. I equated same-sex marriage, the election of Obama, the legalization of marijuana and rejection of Akin and Murdock with progression. Then, I said that most voters support that progression. Finally, I said that those who are resistant to that progression are only hurting themselves. The rest of your comment is just bitterness, so whatever.

What you want is for Republicans to become liberals.

Yeah, I have some thoughts about Rush, but they're not appropriate to say here. I can't think of a person more ignorant or arrogant than he is.

You forgot "powerful." He holds the left in thrall and laughs all the way to the bank doing it.

You forgot "powerful." He holds the left in thrall and laughs all the way to the bank doing it.

Yeah, so much that the liberals lost...oh wait, no we didn't. I think many Americans are learning just what a nutjob Rush is. Of course, we know that money is the only reason why he does it. No one is dumb enough, especially himself, to believe the crap that comes from his mouth.

That you'll have to explain.

Rush told a story on his show once. As a kid he claimed to be a prankster.

He said his favorite prank was to call cabs to old people's homes to prank them. The homes were in his neighborhood and he would watch and enjoy the prank. Sick, oh hell yeah.

I think he may be playing everybody for a prank. The dude is denfinately weird. I really wonder what his love life is like. Weird.

Obama's Secret Weapon (Rush Limbaugh) Urges the GOP to Stay White

You libs can laugh all you want.

With Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck cheering on the sidelines, the GOP will be the party of the future.

This is me laughing on the sideline laughing at you post.:lamo :lamo

I really wonder what his love life is like. Weird.

That is one thing I always found odd about the support he gets from many on the right. He has been married many times, likes his vices, and tells dirty jokes on the air, yet the social conservatives love him. Confusing.

I think "going forward" is a pretty bad way to go in this situation. It's akin to seeing a land mine 5 feet in front of me, but I keep "going forward".

Yeah, I get it - a few Congressional Republicans said some real dumbass things. Does that mean that we need a Congressional flush and to bring in a schedule of unprecedented debt and a complete debacle of the health care industry? If that's progressive, I'll go backward any day.

I hope you speak for a majority of Republicans. Change absolutely nothing! Go to the American people with exactly the same message that you had this time, and choose a candidate even further to the right than Mitt. It will work! Honest!

So you're saying that one station and talk radio spew about as much bull**** as the rest of the media COMBINED?

Sounds about right.

What Limbaugh does not get is the same thing that far too many on the right do not get. This is NOT about American Exceptionalism where a precious few jewels get to shine despite the system being stacked against them. This is about making sure the American system causes millions upon millions of people to rise and be part of a very wide and broad middle class where prosperity is synonymous with the American Dream and achievement.
Oh yes, we can see how black Americans who have bought this sort of leftist drivel hook, line, and sinker for the last 50 are so prosperous. Limbaugh is a moron, I will grant you that, but not for the reasons you think he is.

Limbaugh likes to run down his litany of people like Rice and a few other people of color (now cutting Colin Powell from his list) and uses that as evidence that America works. Yes, it worked for them. But for far far far too many others, it is not working. And the answer is NOT embracing the idea that a few individuals will make it big while many others slide back and the gulf between the Haves and the Have Nots grows.
Perhaps you have slept through the "War on Poverty" that has raged for the past half century with no appreciable results. It is not capitalism and free markets that have failed the poor, but phoney statist promises that wealth transfer schemes are a substitute for wealth creation.

In the end Libmaugh only cares about the GOP cutting his taxes so he can keep more of his own fortune. He is no different than some posters here who elevate personal selfishness to an art form and pseudo religion.
As opposed to posters here who feel they have some moral authority to demand the self-sacrifice of others?

Oh yes, we can see how black Americans who have bought this sort of leftist drivel hook, line, and sinker for the last 50 are so prosperous. Limbaugh is a moron, I will grant you that, but not for the reasons you think he is.

Perhaps you have slept through the "War on Poverty" that has raged for the past half century with no appreciable results. It is not capitalism and free markets that have failed the poor, but phoney statist promises that wealth transfer schemes are a substitute for wealth creation.

As opposed to posters here who feel they have some moral authority to demand the self-sacrifice of others?

self sacrifice works both ways.

Back
Top Bottom