• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh is on a Mission to Destroy Immigration Reform:[W:128]

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Has anyone noticed that Rush Limbaugh has gotten more face time on Fox News and other Right Wing Media outlets than ever perhaps in his entire career. I always thought Rush Limbaugh loathed Television appearances, so why is he going on Fox News? Is it really to kill immigration reform? And what does Rush get out of that? Why is he telling his listeners to stop watching Fox News and other right wing media? Is it solely because he hates them that much or is someone else pulling his strings. Obama always says Rush is the main problem with the right, but I've never seen him this fired up for months about a single topic.

In case you didn't know, these are the two theories about Immigration Reform inside the Republican Party:

If it is passed, Republicans will become so liberal that they wouldn't be distinguishable from the Democratic Party, and that it would mean the death of the party. This is Limbaugh's view, and most of right wing radio.

If it isn't passed, Republicans will not be appealing to Hispanic voters, and it will seem like they don't know how to function as a party and get things done. This will mean the death of the party. This is the view of Bush, Rubio and most of the party leadership as well as Democrats and liberals

I don’t believe the death of the Republican Party rests on a single bill in Congress. It shouldn’t! It does however, scare me that a few obnoxious radio talk show hosts can sway political opinions in the party by simply using scary talking points.

Re: Rush Limbaugh is on a Mission to Destroy Immigration Reform:

Has anyone noticed that Rush Limbaugh has gotten more face time on Fox News and other Right Wing Media outlets than ever perhaps in his entire career. I always thought Rush Limbaugh loathed Television appearances, so why is he going on Fox News? Is it really to kill immigration reform? And what does Rush get out of that? Why is he telling his listeners to stop watching Fox News and other right wing media? Is it solely because he hates them that much or is someone else pulling his strings. Obama always says Rush is the main problem with the right, but I've never seen him this fired up for months about a single topic.

In case you didn't know, these are the two theories about Immigration Reform inside the Republican Party:

If it is passed, Republicans will become so liberal that they wouldn't be distinguishable from the Democratic Party, and that it would mean the death of the party. This is Limbaugh's view, and most of right wing radio.

If it isn't passed, Republicans will not be appealing to Hispanic voters, and it will seem like they don't know how to function as a party and get things done. This will mean the death of the party. This is the view of Bush, Rubio and most of the party leadership as well as Democrats and liberals

I don’t believe the death of the Republican Party rests on a single bill in Congress. It shouldn’t! It does however, scare me that a few obnoxious radio talk show hosts can sway political opinions in the party by simply using scary talking points.

Rush didn't say not to watch FOX television. The Daily Caller misquoted Rush. I was listening at the time to the call and his response. The gist of the statement as I remember he told Tony from Tampa Florida I believe is don't watch the liberals on Fox or were ever. He never said don't watch fox. The Daily Caller or whoever just ginned something out of nothing.

The more I hear about the immigration reform proposed the more I hope Rush kills it.

He's very passionate about it and he needs to try to stay relevant in his odd position of Conservative Ninja. So, sure, he's getting face time and expressing himself. I doubt his level of true influence since he is mostly preaching to the choir.

I care not to notice the limpdicked asshole.
I used to listen to Rush. He's normally correct in what he says, but he is one pompous ass.

I love how liberals try and give Republicans advice on how to appeal to Hispanic voters, like buying them off with amnesty will suddenly make Hispanics vote Republican. It's comical.

Amnesty isn't "Immigration Reform"

Hispanics on average have far more in common with the socially conservative right than they do with the prolabor left. Republicans fail to capitalize on that because they don't want to alienate rabidly xenophobic southerners. It's a shame. In 20 years, the WASP South won't matter and it'll be minorities that make/break presidents.

The Republicans are already so liberal that they are hard to tell from Democrats. That's why the right wing pundits are far more captivating to listen to.

regardless of the merits of their positions on immigration (opposed in part by many in the GOP because Obama is for it), abortion, voting rights, gay rights, student loans, and a few other others, the GOP is taking positions that is putting it at odds with large AND GROWING constituencies ... you're right, the future of the party doesn't rest on its positions on one issue ... the problem for the GOP is that it is not about just one issue - anti gay marriage, trying to take a woman's right to choose away, the perception that it is trying to prevent minorities and other groups from voting, etc. ... But if they didn't take these positions, would they still be the Republican Party? Demographic, and even ideological changes (and there's a connection between the two most likely), are not in the GOP's side.

That people actually listen to Rush and form their political opinions based on what he says is amazing to me. Even more so is when those same people are surprised to hear that most of the country thinks them to be idiots.

The Republican Party is unraveling trying to out liberal the Democrats. In their efforts to gain democrat voters they are losing conservatives. I suspect people may (gasp) abandon parties in favor of voting on issues. Just for the record I'm in favor of legalizing Mexicans who want to work in exchange for exporting welfare abusers. But that will never happen since liberal power is bought and paid for by the fat and lazy.

Any piece of ..........legislation that gives perpetual amnesty while not securing our borders is not reform it is wholesale treason.

To think we have the Legislative and Executive branch of our government telling us "No" on securing our borders? Seriously?

Wouldn't it just be easier to build a wall around Washington DC and just not let them out?

We can't enforce the laws that are on the books now. If anyone thinks that we're now all of a sudden going to close off the border if the senate legislation passes is naive at best. The house is the only hope of closing our borders FIRST, otherwise it will never get done.

We can't enforce the laws that are on the books now. If anyone thinks that we're now all of a sudden going to close off the border if the senate legislation passes is naive at best. The house is the only hope of closing our borders FIRST, otherwise it will never get done.

There should never be a U.S. version of the Berlin wall. When we build the wall our liberty is officially over.

That people actually listen to Rush and form their political opinions based on what he says is amazing to me. Even more so is when those same people are surprised to hear that most of the country thinks them to be idiots.
Most the people you associate with is not most the nation. If Rush wasn't such a draw, he wouldn't be no. 1 in radio. Why is he any different for people to form opinions from than other pundits?

Wouldn't it just be easier to build a wall around Washington DC and just not let them out?
wasn't there a Kurt Russell movie about that?

Oh Wait... That was New York...

Hispanics on average have far more in common with the socially conservative right than they do with the prolabor left.

That is a claim that is unfortunately very popular on the right - but it is wrong. Hispanics are more likely to produce broken homes and go on government subsidies. The whole "natural conservatives" thing is a myth.

That is a claim that is unfortunately very popular on the right - but it is wrong. Hispanics are more likely to produce broken homes and go on government subsidies. The whole "natural conservatives" thing is a myth.
You're counting the illegal immigrants for that conclusion.

Hispanics are more likely to produce broken homes and go on government subsidies.

Yeah no race generalization there right? :roll:

1. Most the people you associate with is not most the nation. If Rush wasn't such a draw, he wouldn't be no. 1 in radio. 2. Why is he any different for people to form opinions from than other pundits?
1. As high as Rush's following may be, it is far from a majority of people listening to the radio. In fact, a majority of the people do not even listen to the radio.

2. Because he doesn't offer intelligent commentary, only simplistic solutions to very difficult problems. Limbaugh and his fans do not do nuance. hence, all you get from them is canned responses and stereotype "liberal this and liberal that" nonsense.

What's really neat is that you can read or hear what anybody has to say and then independently verify for yourself whether what you've read or heard is based on facts.

1. As high as Rush's following may be, it is far from a majority of people listening to the radio. In fact, a majority of the people do not even listen to the radio.

2. Because he doesn't offer intelligent commentary, only simplistic solutions to very difficult problems. Limbaugh and his fans do not do nuance. hence, all you get from them is canned responses and stereotype "liberal this and liberal that" nonsense.

Well, I haven't listened to him for some years, but your words do not sound correct. I guess it's possible he's losing it, but I suspect it's your bias instead.

What's really neat is that you can read or hear what anybody has to say and then independently verify for yourself whether what you've read or heard is based on facts.

Yep.

25 Examples That Prove Rush Limbaugh Is A "Low-Information" Radio Host | Research | Media Matters for America

Here's just a small sample of Rush idiocy:
Limbaugh Displays Debt Ceiling Ignorance While Attacking CNN's Velshi. Limbaugh insisted that the federal debt ceiling is like a limit on credit card spending in an attempt to prove that CNN's Ali Velshi was a "low-information reporter." In fact, failure to raise the debt ceiling is actually like refusing to pay a credit card bill because it restrains the government's ability to pay its debts, not future spending. [Media Matters, 1/4/13]

Limbaugh Dismisses Guns' Role In Domestic Violence Deaths. Limbaugh dismissed the notion that Kasandra Perkins, who was killed in a murder-suicide by her boyfriend, NFL football player Jovan Belcher, would still be alive today if Belcher hadn't had a gun. In fact, data show that guns greatly increase the probability that women who are victims of domestic violence will be killed by their abuser. [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 12/3/12, via Media Matters]

Limbaugh: "Everything -- Except The Polls -- Points To A Romney Landslide." Under the headline "Everything -- Except The Polls -- Points To A Romney Landslide," Limbaugh's website posted a transcript of his radio show in which he said his "intellectual analysis" of the election was that "it's not even close. Three hundred-plus electoral votes for Romney." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 11/5/12]

Like I said, most people chuckle at the stupid which spews from that man's mouth.

Back
Top Bottom