• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh is on a Mission to Destroy Immigration Reform:[W:128]

Re: Rush Limbaugh is on a Mission to Destroy Immigration Reform:

cpwill said:
Hispanics are more likely to produce broken homes and go on government subsidies.
Yeah no race generalization there right? :roll:

race_card.jpg

:roll: what is there is a statistical reality. Hispanics are more likely to be supporters of big government for the simple enough reason (other than cultural preconditions) that hispanics are more likely to be consumers of big government.

But hey, if all you have to answer with is is the tired old "oh how can you saaaaaaaaay that... :shrug: I can because the U.S. Census Bureau agrees with me.

Since guns definitely make it far more likely that a domestic dispute ends in murder, saying the shooting victim would still be alive today, though not assured, cannot simply be dismissed.

Sure it can. People making stupid absolute suggestions that are baseless and unprovable absolutely can be dismissed, and rightfully so.

If an individual wants to make a point that they could possibly still be alive today then they can make that. But you make the arguments you make, and if you claim that she will be alive today then that's making an absolute and you need facts to back that up. And the facts you stated do not back that up.

50% of homocides of females occur by something OTHER than a gun. That's clear evidence that it's within the realm of possabilities that even without a gun present Ms. Perkins could still have wound up murdered.

Nice attepmted deflection about the Romney landslide thing, but I haven't spoken about that at all. This is the problem with hyper partisans and propoganda spewing folks like Rush Limbaugh, Media Matters, or yourself...you make giant stereotypical assumptions of people, apply non-stated views to them based on your own prejudices, and have the inane and ignorant idea that everyone is too stupid to see your obvious bull****.

Your question speaks as though my comments had anything to do with defending Rush or having a desire not to admit whether or not he lied. The thing is though...I don't really give two ****s about Rush Limbaugh, what he tells people, or what people think about him. My comments were not made in an effort to defend Rush Limbaugh, but rather to simply correct a poor assertion that a reasonable comment was somehow false based on flimsy facts. My posts were made less to defend Rush Limbaugh and more to point out the height of hypocrisy and irony as you, with media matters propoganda disguised as legitimate discourse proudly grasped in your hands, put forward a truly Limbaughesque presentation.

You're counting the illegal immigrants future amnestied voters for that conclusion.

That is correct. They are here, and they aren't likely to be going anywhere, given that there is little to no appetite among our elites to lose their cheap yardcare and nanny services.

Sure it can. People making stupid absolute suggestions that are baseless and unprovable absolutely can be dismissed, and rightfully so.

If an individual wants to make a point that they could possibly still be alive today then they can make that. But you make the arguments you make, and if you claim that she will be alive today then that's making an absolute and you need facts to back that up. And the facts you stated do not back that up.

50% of homocides of females occur by something OTHER than a gun. That's clear evidence that it's within the realm of possabilities that even without a gun present Ms. Perkins could still have wound up murdered.

Nice attepmted deflection about the Romney landslide thing, but I haven't spoken about that at all. This is the problem with hyper partisans and propoganda spewing folks like Rush Limbaugh, Media Matters, or yourself...you make giant stereotypical assumptions of people, apply non-stated views to them based on your own prejudices, and have the inane and ignorant idea that everyone is too stupid to see your obvious bull****.

Your question speaks as though my comments had anything to do with defending Rush or having a desire not to admit whether or not he lied. The thing is though...I don't really give two ****s about Rush Limbaugh, what he tells people, or what people think about him. My comments were not made in an effort to defend Rush Limbaugh, but rather to simply correct a poor assertion that a reasonable comment was somehow false based on flimsy facts. My posts were made less to defend Rush Limbaugh and more to point out the height of hypocrisy and irony as you, with media matters propoganda disguised as legitimate discourse proudly grasped in your hands, put forward a truly Limbaughesque presentation.
We don't know that Rush's comment dismissing the assertion was reasonable because we really do not know if the assertion was not stated with the qualifier that this woman would "perhaps" be alive if not for the gun. I would be surprised if the original claim that Rush so quickly dismissed had no such weasel words. Also, it appears Rush simply dismissed the role guns played in her death, not that the person making the assertion failed to qualify it.

Actually, Limbaugh has an agency that checks the accuracy of his on-air factual statements. He is correct 98.5% of the time according to them. Moreover, his listeners are among the most informed around, according to a Pew poll.

He makes about $150 million a year.

You do understand what "Spin" (or spin doctor) is? Spin is the presentation of a “fact” in a far different way than most people would see it, had it been told directly and honestly.

Thus I said that Rush is a "Genius Spin Jockey"...and I stand by that opinion.

Rush is selling $150 million dollars a year for his product...which is "spin". If people choose to buy what he's selling...far be it for me to condemn him for exercising his right to earn a living. My criticism..is with the product he sells. I choose not to buy what he sells because, in my opinion, his product to be defective.

That is correct. They are here, and they aren't likely to be going anywhere, given that there is little to no appetite among our elites to lose their cheap yardcare and nanny services.
What's funny is so many of those elites using illegal services are left leaning as well. People of all stripes use these illegals to pay less. Not just businesses trying to stretch the bottom line out.

What gets me the most is here in the Portland area. The wages of construction jobs have taken big hits. Contractors will hire day laborers instead of paying decent wages and payroll taxes. They can hire them as subcontractors, pay less than an employee, and no tax revenue is generated in the process.

Why do liberals want these practices to confines then raise taxes on the wealthy?

Has anyone noticed that Rush Limbaugh has gotten more face time on Fox News and other Right Wing Media outlets than ever perhaps in his entire career. I always thought Rush Limbaugh loathed Television appearances, so why is he going on Fox News? Is it really to kill immigration reform? And what does Rush get out of that? Why is he telling his listeners to stop watching Fox News and other right wing media? Is it solely because he hates them that much or is someone else pulling his strings. Obama always says Rush is the main problem with the right, but I've never seen him this fired up for months about a single topic.

In case you didn't know, these are the two theories about Immigration Reform inside the Republican Party:

If it is passed, Republicans will become so liberal that they wouldn't be distinguishable from the Democratic Party, and that it would mean the death of the party. This is Limbaugh's view, and most of right wing radio.

If it isn't passed, Republicans will not be appealing to Hispanic voters, and it will seem like they don't know how to function as a party and get things done. This will mean the death of the party. This is the view of Bush, Rubio and most of the party leadership as well as Democrats and liberals

I don’t believe the death of the Republican Party rests on a single bill in Congress. It shouldn’t! It does however, scare me that a few obnoxious radio talk show hosts can sway political opinions in the party by simply using scary talking points.
Whatever Rush is doing and why, if it's goal is to kill "immigration reform" (read: "amnesty and legalization for 20 million illegals"), then good job Rush!

We don't need no stinkin' "immigration reform".

What we need is law enforcement against trespassing and multiple-count thievery.

That's where we should be spending proposed dollars.

Besides, the 20 million illegals have nothing to do with "immigration", as they simply aren't immigrants, that status being granted solely by the INS upon completion of its immigration procedures.

The 20 million illegals are simply that: illegal aliens, or "illegals" for short, according to government definition statutues.

If Rush is trying to kill this amnesty and legalization bill, just like Boehner did by refusing to have it brought up for a vote in the House, then I applaud them both as patriotic American folk heroes.

Actually, Limbaugh has an agency that checks the accuracy of his on-air factual statements. He is correct 98.5% of the time according to them. Moreover, his listeners are among the most informed around, according to a Pew poll.

The issue of course is that often times Rush tends to put forward OPINIONS in a way as if to present them as "facts" but those things don't get counted. Though the problem is wide spread, since seemingly the notion that an individuals prediction about the results of an election are decried as a "lie" rather than simply "an incorrect opinion."

Things like Limbaugh's assertion that Romney would win wouldn't be counted on his little agency's "fact checker" because it's an opinion. He'll bloviate a fair bit about it, say "Don't Doubt Me", declare how right he is about things and how it's a lock...but it's not going to get counted in his agencies number because despite him presenting it as if it's a fact, and despite his detractors trying to treat it as him doing such as a means of attacking him, ultimately all he's doing is stating his opinion based on the evidence he's percieved. Same as every other person in the media, on message boards, and walking around were doing when they were making predictions leading up to the election. No one FACTUALLY knew who was going to win until the votes were actually tallied, all other instances were simply guesses...perhaps EDUCATED guesses, but guesses none the less...and thus in the realm of opinion, not fact.

It also means that anytime he goes "I Think that..." or if he says "But the REAL reason the democrats are doing this..." and other such things that he does to muddy up the "original context of any event he is raging about" are again instances that wouldn't be counted as factually wrong because those are instances where he's making statements of opinion, guesses, assumptions, etc instead of facts. They're PRESENTED as factual or truth most of the time, but they wouldn't be countered for the purpose of his agencies check.

Which is why the agency check isn't really a useful counter to what Removable Mind stated.

An example of this is the other day. The bill failed to pass that was pushing to hold off a spike to student loan rates, and Limbaugh got on air talking about how "Democrats" had stopped the bill that would keep interest rates on student loans from hiking. As he continued to talk, he pointed out that Joe Manchin voted "nay" on the cloture vote as his evidence that the "dems" want the interest rate going up.

This is something that would not actually go down as a "factual" problem on his agencies check, but ultimately who IS or ISN'T "responsible" for a bill failing to reach the Senate floor is an opinoin. There's no actual "factual", provable way that has been devised within the structure of the Congress that determines who is or isn't responsible for a vote being stopped.

In reality, TWO Democrats and FOURTY SEVEN Republicans voted "nay". The two Democrats were Manchin and Reid, with Reid doing it for procedural reasons to allow it to be brought up again and is an action done by Republican and Democrat majority leaders alike.

The agency would have to not give Limbaugh a negative mark for his OBVIOUS attempt to "never check for the validity or truthfulness of his comments based on the original context of any event he is raging about" because ulimately believing that two democrats voting with the Republicans, despite the fact that said Democrats voting "Yay" STILL would have caused the vote to fail, is an "OPINION". It's a stupid, misleading, idiotic, dishonestly present opinion...but it's still an opinion.

But it's exactly the type of thing Removable Mind is talking about.

I used to listen to Rush. He's normally correct in what he says, but he is one pompous ass.

First heard him around '82 on a trip out west. Mr. Sacramento can't remember whether it was before, during or after his bankruptcies. He has long since accomplished his stated mission back then and stands most responsible. Destroy the middle. Separate the Country into Left and Right.

I love how liberals try and give Republicans advice on how to appeal to Hispanic voters, like buying them off with amnesty will suddenly make Hispanics vote Republican. It's comical.

Amnesty isn't "Immigration Reform"

Den/Lib/Prog/Leftie/etc. types like Matthews the chameleon need to STFU with their advice to Repubs. They currently will do the opposite. When the Repubs do pay attention, Dems will lose.

The Republican Party is unraveling trying to out liberal the Democrats. In their efforts to gain democrat voters they are losing conservatives. I suspect people may (gasp) abandon parties in favor of voting on issues. Just for the record I'm in favor of legalizing Mexicans who want to work in exchange for exporting welfare abusers. But that will never happen since liberal power is bought and paid for by the fat and lazy.

I hope you're not really a Professor

The issue of course is that often times Rush tends to put forward OPINIONS in a way as if to present them as "facts" but those things don't get counted. Though the problem is wide spread, since seemingly the notion that an individuals prediction about the results of an election are decried as a "lie" rather than simply "an incorrect opinion."

Things like Limbaugh's assertion that Romney would win wouldn't be counted on his little agency's "fact checker" because it's an opinion. He'll bloviate a fair bit about it, say "Don't Doubt Me", declare how right he is about things and how it's a lock...but it's not going to get counted in his agencies number because despite him presenting it as if it's a fact, and despite his detractors trying to treat it as him doing such as a means of attacking him, ultimately all he's doing is stating his opinion based on the evidence he's percieved. Same as every other person in the media, on message boards, and walking around were doing when they were making predictions leading up to the election. No one FACTUALLY knew who was going to win until the votes were actually tallied, all other instances were simply guesses...perhaps EDUCATED guesses, but guesses none the less...and thus in the realm of opinion, not fact.

It also means that anytime he goes "I Think that..." or if he says "But the REAL reason the democrats are doing this..." and other such things that he does to muddy up the "original context of any event he is raging about" are again instances that wouldn't be counted as factually wrong because those are instances where he's making statements of opinion, guesses, assumptions, etc instead of facts. They're PRESENTED as factual or truth most of the time, but they wouldn't be countered for the purpose of his agencies check.

Which is why the agency check isn't really a useful counter to what Removable Mind stated.

An example of this is the other day. The bill failed to pass that was pushing to hold off a spike to student loan rates, and Limbaugh got on air talking about how "Democrats" had stopped the bill that would keep interest rates on student loans from hiking. As he continued to talk, he pointed out that Joe Manchin voted "nay" on the cloture vote as his evidence that the "dems" want the interest rate going up.

This is something that would not actually go down as a "factual" problem on his agencies check, but ultimately who IS or ISN'T "responsible" for a bill failing to reach the Senate floor is an opinoin. There's no actual "factual", provable way that has been devised within the structure of the Congress that determines who is or isn't responsible for a vote being stopped.

In reality, TWO Democrats and FOURTY SEVEN Republicans voted "nay". The two Democrats were Manchin and Reid, with Reid doing it for procedural reasons to allow it to be brought up again and is an action done by Republican and Democrat majority leaders alike.

The agency would have to not give Limbaugh a negative mark for his OBVIOUS attempt to "never check for the validity or truthfulness of his comments based on the original context of any event he is raging about" because ulimately believing that two democrats voting with the Republicans, despite the fact that said Democrats voting "Yay" STILL would have caused the vote to fail, is an "OPINION". It's a stupid, misleading, idiotic, dishonestly present opinion...but it's still an opinion.

But it's exactly the type of thing Removable Mind is talking about.

Sorry, but it doesn't help when someone comes along and misrepresents what Limbaugh said. His reference to Democrats and interest rates wasn't about the procedural vote you describe but about the fact that they voted months ago to have interest rates jump up right before the 2012 election (attempting then to blame the increase on Republicans). The plan was apparently to vote to reduce the rates again after the election, but in the meantime the issue of reforming the student loan program has come up and Democrats are split on that now, as Limbaugh says correctly. The result is that efforts to pass a reduction have failed.

Democrats Hike Interest Rates on Student Loans - The Rush Limbaugh Show

I agree that Limbaugh's opinions are sometimes wrong, but it is false to call him untruthful on that basis. Many many of the opinions uttered in the New York Times and other liberal leaning news outlets turn out to be wrong, but there is no sweat over that because those are opinions that Limbaugh's detractors like.

Has anyone noticed that Rush Limbaugh has gotten more face time on Fox News and other Right Wing Media outlets than ever perhaps in his entire career. I always thought Rush Limbaugh loathed Television appearances, so why is he going on Fox News? Is it really to kill immigration reform? And what does Rush get out of that? Why is he telling his listeners to stop watching Fox News and other right wing media? Is it solely because he hates them that much or is someone else pulling his strings. Obama always says Rush is the main problem with the right, but I've never seen him this fired up for months about a single topic.

In case you didn't know, these are the two theories about Immigration Reform inside the Republican Party:

If it is passed, Republicans will become so liberal that they wouldn't be distinguishable from the Democratic Party, and that it would mean the death of the party. This is Limbaugh's view, and most of right wing radio.

If it isn't passed, Republicans will not be appealing to Hispanic voters, and it will seem like they don't know how to function as a party and get things done. This will mean the death of the party. This is the view of Bush, Rubio and most of the party leadership as well as Democrats and liberals

I don’t believe the death of the Republican Party rests on a single bill in Congress. It shouldn’t! It does however, scare me that a few obnoxious radio talk show hosts can sway political opinions in the party by simply using scary talking points.
I think they've patched up their differences and rallied around the same flag. Leftism is a cancer. Fox and Limbaugh must understand that, so there's really no other choice but to unite.

We can't enforce the laws that are on the books now. If anyone thinks that we're now all of a sudden going to close off the border if the senate legislation passes is naive at best. The house is the only hope of closing our borders FIRST, otherwise it will never get done.

Border laws are incompatible with a free market.

A free market, by definition, permits the free exchange of all good and services and capital, including human capital. Therefore anyone who favors border laws is opposed to the free market and anti-American.

Who is this Rush fellow, and what makes him so damn important?

There should never be a U.S. version of the Berlin wall. When we build the wall our liberty is officially over.

Got it, you're for an open border. Why should anyone have a passport? The people of the world should be able to live anywhere they want with no conditions. I get where your at.

Border laws are incompatible with a free market.

A free market, by definition, permits the free exchange of all good and services and capital, including human capital. Therefore anyone who favors border laws is opposed to the free market and anti-American.

Sure according to you there should be no borders, no passports, no conditions on anyone who wants to enter and live anywhere they want. Because we have a border you call that anti-American. I guess the whole world is anti-Whatever country has a border. Maybe you can post up how many no-border countries are in this world. Let me know. :doh

Sorry, but it doesn't help when someone comes along and misrepresents what Limbaugh said. His reference to Democrats and interest rates wasn't about the procedural vote you describe but about the fact that they voted months ago to have interest rates jump up right before the 2012 election (attempting then to blame the increase on Republicans). The plan was apparently to vote to reduce the rates again after the election, but in the meantime the issue of reforming the student loan program has come up and Democrats are split on that now, as Limbaugh says correctly. The result is that efforts to pass a reduction have failed.

Democrats Hike Interest Rates on Student Loans - The Rush Limbaugh Show

I agree that Limbaugh's opinions are sometimes wrong, but it is false to call him untruthful on that basis. Many many of the opinions uttered in the New York Times and other liberal leaning news outlets turn out to be wrong, but there is no sweat over that because those are opinions that Limbaugh's detractors like.

If you can't accept that he uses facts that are probably true...and then engages in almost poetic spin with those facts...then...please, by all means...continue to prop up Rush and his beloved messages to his listeners.

rush's importance can't be overestimated. Although he doesn't deserve his name to be capitalized, his position as Chief Messiah of republicans (i. e. the man responsible for telling all GOP voters what to think) makes him a formidable force.

Nevertheless, despite his power, rush can't risk being insubordinate. He must obey his superiors at fauxnews, who in turn take orders from rupert murdoch and his lackeys. And RP and his kin are in favor of loose immigration laws.

Hence, if rush continues on w/his immigrant bashing tirades, he will no longer be Chief Messiah. Case closed.

Sure according to you there should be no borders, no passports, no conditions on anyone who wants to enter and live anywhere they want.

False. Free markets don't permit involuntary acts of aggression. Anyone who commits a malicious act, i. e. by harming someone else or stealing from him/her for no reason, should be jailed.

Undocumented immigrants don't steal--in fact, they pay substantially more in US income taxes that what they use in social services, assuming they take advantage of any. Therefore they should be permitted freedom of movement, in accordance w/the principles of the free market.

Nevertheless, your pathetic attempt to equate Libertarianism w/anarchy has been noted and been appropriate :lol:ed at.

Actually, Limbaugh has an agency that checks the accuracy of his on-air factual statements. He is correct 98.5% of the time according to them.

The Nazi agencies that checked the accuracy of Goebbels' assertions also arrived that figure.

Who is this Rush fellow, and what makes him so damn important?

rush is the Chief Messiah of the GOP. He's in charge of telling all GOP voters how and what to think.

False. Free markets don't permit involuntary acts of aggression. Anyone who commits a malicious act, i. e. by harming someone else or stealing from him/her for no reason, should be jailed.

Undocumented immigrants don't steal--in fact, they pay substantially more in US income taxes that what they use in social services, assuming they take advantage of any. Therefore they should be permitted freedom of movement, in accordance w/the principles of the free market.

Nevertheless, your pathetic attempt to equate Libertarianism w/anarchy has been noted and been appropriate :lol:ed at.

You really mean illegal aliens and not only do they steal but they murder. I said before you want no borders for any country and no passports, all live like one happy family. Now I have to ask who is going to rule this world? Some dictator. Talk about anarchy, your world is pathetic. And when you commit a crime in some parts of the world they stone you to death. But of course in your world stoning would be against the law or would it be much worse where they dismember you for days on end before they stone you to death. I call your world "naive" at best and not even worth commenting on.

BTW your Obama would love to rule the world, he would cut off his dick to be a dictator.

rush is the Chief Messiah of the GOP. He's in charge of telling all GOP voters how and what to think.

I must have missed that memo.

Back
Top Bottom