• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Got It Wrong. Sandra Fluke In Her Own Words

Because suppliers DO NOT EXIST without demanders.

I agree.

What you don't seem to understand is suppliers are demanders too.

Suppliers supply what demanders used to provide for themselves from the commons. Suppliers are inherently superfluous. (Unless they obtain "ownership" to an extent they become able to call the shots)

Demanders are human beings by definition. They exist. They will exist whether suppliers do or not.

NO ONE is a supplier by birth except nursing mothers.

Demanders are born, suppliers are made. This is not a chicken and egg argument.

Suppliers exist BECAUSE demanders exist. It is not the other way around. (Unless of course suppliers own everything. Then the relationship changes, and demanders exist by paying "rents" to suppliers)

I weary of all these "get the government off our backs" arguments from a class who wouldn't have **** if they didn't have a goverment AT their backs protecting their property. They would only have what they could hold by their own strength. Subject to seizure by anyone stronger.

This sounds like a massive spoiled argument to enslave the thoughtful to the emotional.

Thoughtful people have their own emotions. Emotional people do not have other people's thoughts.

Last edited:
This woman made an excellent case for birth control pills being a medical necessity for many women who have problems with ovarian cysts and other medical conditions. That's truth, they are.

That's true she does...but SHE goes on in the same line (at 4:30) saying that in the specific case cited of ovarian cysts the Georgetown student insurance COVERS the cost of BCP's in this case, where it is not prescribed for 'birth control'.

So what's the arguement?

Further, she states in her testimony that the cost of BCP’s during her attendance in law school would be $3,000. Considering that typically law school is 3 years this works out to $83 a month. A curtsy search reveals that BCP’s are typically $20-50 a month. Given the benefit of doubt she has overstated the cost by as much as 35%, for sensational reasons I presume. Additionally, the cost for these pills is necessitated by a personal CHOICE! Abstinence is both 100% effective AND FREE i.e. doesn’t cost ANYONE ANYTHING…

Now that's the kind of individual mandate I could support: Thou shalt take care of thine own self.

Good for you. Now if you just weren't such a liar and REALLY paid your own medical expenses when you turn 65 and ripped up your SS checks, we could save a bunch of Medicare and SS money.

I agree.

What you don't seem to understand is suppliers are demanders too.

This sounds like a massive spoiled argument to enslave the thoughtful to the emotional.

Thoughtful people have their own emotions. Emotional people do not have other people's thoughts.

ALL suppliers are born demanders, then BECOME suppliers.

I don't see you point.

So basically birth control should be paid by the taxpayers?

I wonder how much more straw we can pile on the camel's back before it breaks.

So basically birth control should be paid by the taxpayers?

I wonder how much more straw we can pile on the camel's back before it breaks.

WAY cheaper than paying to raise unwanted kids. Think of it as insurance

People are going to have sex, men are going to try not to use condoms. Simple facts.

How many women could receive a years supply of BC for what one cruise missile costs?

WAY cheaper than paying to raise unwanted kids. Think of it as insurance

People are going to have sex, men are going to try not to use condoms. Simple facts.

How many women could receive a years supply of BC for what one cruise missile costs?

So are you stating that birth control will be paid by the taxpayers?

Why can't those people have the responsibility to afford their own birth control?

That's true she does...but SHE goes on in the same line (at 4:30) saying that in the specific case cited of ovarian cysts the Georgetown student insurance COVERS the cost of BCP's in this case, where it is not prescribed for 'birth control'.

So what's the arguement?

You must have missed the part where they are routinely denied...where those prescribed them must fill out forms and sometimes be interviewed in order to ascertain their real motives. How 'bout we put that in place for dying people needing morphine? An interview to make sure you're not an addict?

More whiners from the left. Boohoo, want some cheese with that whine?

ALL suppliers are born demanders, then BECOME suppliers.

I don't see you point.

The point is Georgetown University is made up of its own demanders. It doesn't need other demanders to give it an identity.

You must have missed the part where they are routinely denied...where those prescribed them must fill out forms and sometimes be interviewed in order to ascertain their real motives.

No, I caught that but their being interviewed is not in question. The motives/results of their interviews are certainly questionable but the fact remains that prescribing BCP’s for ‘non-birth control’ reasons IS covered. The point you make is more bureaucratic rather than practical.

How 'bout we put that in place for dying people needing morphine? An interview to make sure you're not an addict?

That would be just fine. Better yet eliminate it…I see no practical use of morphine for dying people. It only alleviates the pain of the dying and accommodates the compassion of those related…ergo, the same hyperbolic counter…

An interview to make sure you're not an addict?

After reflection your proposal reveals more insight into the issue. Consider that most drug addicts are the result of a recreational activity, drug use. The necessity of contraception is also based on a recreational activity, sex. The converse would be sex for propagation which would negate the necessity of contraception.

Now consider that binge drinking is a recreational activity. As hyperbolic as it sounds, should the government force employers/insurers to provide alcohol for binge drinking? or golf balls? or crocheting needles? as these are recreational activities. Where does it stop?

Do ya'll serve bread with your partisan baloney??

This woman made an excellent case for birth control pills being a medical necessity for many women who have problems with ovarian cysts and other medical conditions. That's truth, they are.

The idea that a particular religion demands an exception for birth control pills in Obamacare's minimum standards makes as much sense as Christian Scientists demanding an exception for blood transfusions.

Get off your Partisan Ponies and come join the rest of us on Planet Earth.

If she was talking about ONLY women with cyst on their ovaries or some medical condition that required the pill for health I would be fine with it. I am however not fine with buying the pill supply for a woman who just wants it so she can have sex without fear of pregnancy. Having sex is her choice and it's her responsibility to take the proper precautions to avoid pregnancy or VD or crabs or warts or Aids or wtf ever else you can get hooking up in night clubs.

If she was talking about ONLY women with cyst on their ovaries or some medical condition that required the pill for health I would be fine with it. I am however not fine with buying the pill supply for a woman who just wants it so she can have sex without fear of pregnancy. Having sex is her choice and it's her responsibility to take the proper precautions to avoid pregnancy or VD or crabs or warts or Aids or wtf ever else you can get hooking up in night clubs.

Ah, but her health plan will pay for her pregnancy...her VD...her crabs...her warts...her HIV...stupid, huh?

And what do you mean, you're "not fine with buying the pill supply...?" You aren't buying it. This isn't a taxpayer thing. This is health insurance -- employers pay the premiums, not the taxpayers.

I'm watching this video as I respond to your post.

Is she serious? The biggest news in American politics is THIS story??? This is bigger than gas prices? Bigger than Obama's foreign policy? Bigger than the sluggish economy? Heck, does she seriously think this story is bigger than the upcoming election?

Shameless plug for the Andrea Mitchell Show. Big deal.

Sorry, dude...I can only take so much of this liberal claptrap before I HAVE to turn it off. I got to the part where Mitchell was talking about Obama's call to this Fluke lady. I almost gagged.

talk about focusing on the hole and not the donut. Look, the stuff about the Andrea Mitchell who and what is the biggest story is irrelevant. The meat of this story..... the donut and not the hole.... is the utter false premise of Limbaugh and the stupidity of his claim about having too much sex and the expense.

You are far too bright to be caught in the headlights of irrelevancy.

I do not care if anyone thinks this is a big story or a tiny story. Limbaugh looked like a complete and total fool who could not find his way around the inside of a womans panties if he was given a road map and a "how to" book.

from apdst

Of course it is...in Libboland. They will do anything to take as much attention away from Obama, as possible.

As you journey through life
make this your goal,
keep you eye on the donut
and not on the hole.

This story is NOT about President Obama. It is not about Andrea Mitchell. It is not even about Rachel Maddow since she is just the vehicle. It is about the utter stupidity of Rush Limbaugh and his complete ignorance as it applies to oral contraception and the female anatomy.

I'm sorry, Hikertrash, I could only bear to listen to three minutes of this bleeding heart liberal with her "woe is me" attitude.

Well there you have it then. Don't listen because facts might just get in the way a good whine. Seriously, her message has in it facts that of course Rush Pigbaugh neglected to share with his minions

More whiners from the left. Boohoo, want some cheese with that whine?

I have little doubt Limbaugh could use some of that wine/whine. Lots of it. With his ignorance of female anatomy and contraception he is going to need a boatload of it to get lucky....... outside of his trips to Costa Rica that is. ;)

Ah, but her health plan will pay for her pregnancy...her VD...her crabs...her warts...her HIV...stupid, huh?

Yes, but they are medical conditions that are a result of a decision. Just as liver cirrhosis (from drinking) and emphysema/lung cancer/heart disease (from smoking) are covered from the result of a decision. They all could possibly be avoided by deciding differently.

And what do you mean, you're "not fine with buying the pill supply...?" You aren't buying it. This isn't a taxpayer thing. This is health insurance -- employers pay the premiums, not the taxpayers.

First off it is about personal responsibility, if you hand out pills to people like candy you encourage bad behavior and it's just that I resent having to finance this bad behavior. If you want to sleep around like a dog in heat buy your own sex supplies, I mean whats next, should we buy this woman a vibrator too?

Secondly you say employers pay not me. Wrong, wrong and wrong. When a company acquires a cost they tack it onto whatever good or service they produce and ultimately the consumer pays.

Yes, but they are medical conditions that are a result of a decision. Just as liver cirrhosis (from drinking) and emphysema/lung cancer/heart disease (from smoking) are covered from the result of a decision. They all could possibly be avoided by deciding differently.

Yeah, well, we could decide to just let people die...

I feel like I'm standing on Main Street in Crazy Town.

Yeah, well, we could decide to just let people die...

Huh?

I feel like I'm standing on Main Street in Crazy Town.

Are you or is EVERYONE taking crazy pills??? (Mugatu)....are they covered by Obamacare?

First off it is about personal responsibility, if you hand out pills to people like candy you encourage bad behavior and it's just that I resent having to finance this bad behavior. If you want to sleep around like a dog in heat buy your own sex supplies, I mean whats next, should we buy this woman a vibrator too?

Secondly you say employers pay not me. Wrong, wrong and wrong. When a company acquires a cost they tack it onto whatever good or service they produce and ultimately the consumer pays.

Either Maggie is to furious to type or I won the debate, I wonder which, LOL

:rofl !!

Well, I'm now beginning to believe that people who object to birth control pills being treated the same way as insulin within a healthcare policy are living in Crazy Town. Birth control pills are medicine. They serve many other purposes other than just preventing pregnancy and can be crucial to a woman's health.

If you don't want to subsidize birth control pills, then I trust you have cancelled your own insurance, because chances are it has been covering birth control pills forEVER.

:rofl !!

Well, I'm now beginning to believe that people who object to birth control pills being treated the same way as insulin within a healthcare policy are living in Crazy Town. Birth control pills are medicine. They serve many other purposes other than just preventing pregnancy and can be crucial to a woman's health.

If you don't want to subsidize birth control pills, then I trust you have cancelled your own insurance, because chances are it has been covering birth control pills forEVER.

I will have to ask my wife about this. I may just be hoisted on my own petard here.

Back
Top Bottom