• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Calls Volt, Prius an "AIDS Ribbon" more great nuggets

Well, it's not just good maintenance, it's also proper usage and charging.

NiCads, for example, like to be drained before they're recharged. If you charge them before you finish depleting them, they develop what is known as "battery memory," meaning they'll hold a smaller charge next time you use them.

My dad (deputy Sheriff) used to leave his rover on with the volume down when he went to bed, so that the battery would finish discharging before he plugged the pack in.

As for lead-acid, they really don't like to be fully discharged, and they most definitely do like being used roughly for the brief time they are used, so they're great for startups.
Nicads can be "shocked" after appearing to be dead. Done it more than a few times, find the cell or cells that are reading zip and won't take a charge, and zap them with 15 volts or so. Once they stop reading zip, they will take a charge.

Absolutely true. I'm pretty sure that's what my camera's charger does when the manual instructs you to "hold such and such button" if the batteries aren't holding a charge.

Absolutely true. I'm pretty sure that's what my camera's charger does when the manual instructs you to "hold such and such button" if the batteries aren't holding a charge.

Huh, a built in battery zapper, good idea.
I might also add that back in my metrology days, I noticed a certain brand of Nicads found mostly in the DMMs used by I&C techs had better life than the newer batteries. Turns out the better ones were older, and had a bit more cadmium in them than the newer ones.

I wouldn't doubt it for a second. I'm stuck dealing with customers who want to pull off $0.50 worth of decoupling capacitors because they think it's worth it over tens of thousands of units -- meanwhile, suddenly their digital logic works about as well as a polygraph in the middle of an earthquake. :lol:

What are you talking about? You made a statement, I used it to spank you. Me calling you on misleading statements has no bearing on anything other than you looking silly.

Nice try, though.

Thanks for the laugh !! The only person you spanked was yourself with your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject.

So you're reduced to "I know you are, but what am I?"

Oh, okay. :lol:

Ahh, I see you are now trying to change the subject and refuse to answer my earlier question. Are you even aware that most warranties are pro-rated. Come on, no one will laugh at you for admitting ignorance.

Your next assignment is to find out if the Volt battery warranty is pro-rated or not. If it's not, I will readily admit that they may be onto something. If they do pro-rate it, then the battery warranty is worthless and you should admit that they have a long way to go with it.

Don't get me wrong, I hope its a huge success. I would never buy one, but I hope they make a ton of money on it, then learn enough to make a practical vehicle. I've owned GM vehicles for 40 years, so I have nothing against them.

Ahh, I see you are now trying to change the subject and refuse to answer my earlier question. Are you even aware that most warranties are pro-rated. Come on, no one will laugh at you for admitting ignorance.

As someone who is working for a small business trying to get into manufacturing, I am familiar with the two major types of warranties, and why manufacturers tend to prefer a pro-rated warranty.

Your next assignment is to find out if the Volt battery warranty is pro-rated or not. If it's not, I will readily admit that they may be onto something. If they do pro-rate it, then the battery warranty is worthless and you should admit that they have a long way to go with it.

Why on Earth would I do your work for you? You're the one spanking on it without a scrap of evidence.

As someone who is working for a small business trying to get into manufacturing, I am familiar with the two major types of warranties, and why manufacturers tend to prefer a pro-rated warranty.

Now that wasn't so hard to admit was it ?

Why on Earth would I do your work for you? You're the one spanking on it without a scrap of evidence.

I'm simply asking the question. As I already said, I have not been able to find any specific information on the battery warranty. I do know that a lot of people in the green industry are asking the same question.... is the battery warranty pro-rated or not ??

As for evidence, there's none either way that I've been able to find... that's the problem.

Every warranty is different. You have to read the unreadable very closely.

Last edited:
I haven't been near the internet for a couple weeks... been on an isolated island... but my bet is the OP and the article, without reading it have once again tried to smash Rush by parsing a statement and twisting it.

I'd bet good money on it.

Rush makes his living parsing democratic presidents. Why isn't it ok to parse back?

Rush makes his living parsing democratic presidents. Why isn't it ok to parse back?

1. Rush has survived and thrived under both Dem and Rep presidents.

2. You don't make, grow and keep an audience by parsing words and fomenting half-truths. Look at what is happening to the old media Journolists, and their organs... while FOXNEWS and WSJ thrive. Once the monopoly protection is gone, they fail... just as Donohue was a big hit in the 70's and finished dead last in a more open market.

For example, Rush's wanting Obama to fail wasn't about parsing... it was a crystal clear explanation of why he wanted Obama to fail. The first to have the balls to take on The One We Have Been Waiting For and his thrill-running-down-my-leg propagandists. It was the Journolists that couldn't get the story straight... as usual.

He is effective and feared by the left because he is far more than a parsing machine... he has to be... the left has had their long knives out ready to castrate him at the drop of every syllable. Even elected officials like President Clinton and Senate Majority Leader trying to destroy him... and both ending up with egg all over his face... ROTFLOL...

The leftists have tried at every level to take Rush out and have failed every time because Rush deals in substance using humor, and the leftists are easy, predictable targets... in fact he knows what to say, how to frame it to elicit the moronic attempts at personal destruction from the left.

It's like a lion playing with a mouse. Too easy, too much fun... and Rush's audience has a howl watching leftists throw up all over themselves in an attempt to bring him down.

Last edited:
1. Rush has survived and thrived under both Dem and Rep presidents.

2. You don't make, grow and keep an audience by parsing words and fomenting half-truths. Look at what is happening to the old media Journolists, and their organs... while FOXNEWS and WSJ thrive. Once the monopoly protection is gone, they fail... just as Donohue was a big hit in the 70's and finished dead last in a more open market.

For example, Rush's wanting Obama to fail wasn't about parsing... it was a crystal clear explanation of why he wanted Obama to fail. The first to have the balls to take on The One We Have Been Waiting For and his thrill-running-down-my-leg propagandists. It was the Journolists that couldn't get the story straight... as usual.

He is effective and feared by the left because he is far more than a parsing machine... he has to be... the left has had their long knives out ready to castrate him at the drop of every syllable. Even elected officials like President Clinton and Senate Majority Leader trying to destroy him... and both ending up with egg all over his face... ROTFLOL...

The leftists have tried at every level to take Rush out and have failed every time because Rush deals in substance using humor, and the leftists are easy, predictable targets... in fact he knows what to say, how to frame it to elicit the moronic attempts at personal destruction from the left.

It's like a lion playing with a mouse. Too easy, too much fun... and Rush's audience has a howl watching leftists throw up all over themselves in an attempt to bring him down.

"You don't make, grow and keep an audience by parsing words and fomenting half-truths."

The hell you don't. Look at the great hate mongers of history.

David Duke, Hannity, Savage, Dr. Laura, Boortz, :blah::blah::blah:

Hitler made a great living out of it.

Last edited:
"You don't make, grow and keep an audience by parsing words and fomenting half-truths."

That's a really lame list. David Duke ??? No one has heard of him in over 20 years.

Now, if you had put Biden, Pelosi, and Reid on your list, you might have a point.

Sure you do, you just have to appeal to the ignorant, the biased, the prejudiced, the poorly educated. Make them believe that whatever is wrong in their lives isn't their fault, but the fault of others.
Yeah, like Hitler, that's the ticket....:(

That's a really lame list. David Duke ??? No one has heard of him in over 20 years.

Now, if you had put Biden, Pelosi, and Reid on your list, you might have a point.

No one? Evidently, you have or you would not have commented on it.

No one? Evidently, you have or you would not have commented on it.

I guess I should have clarified to say no one under the age of 40 would know who he is.... and probably not many over 40.

I guess I should have clarified to say no one under the age of 40 would know who he is.... and probably not many over 40.

That would be assuming that the youths of today are ignorant about history.

I agree with Rush on this one. Generally the manufacture of a new car produces a substantial amount of emissions. In many cases, the best thing a person can do is buy a used car, even if it runs less efficiently day to day.
just like the first oil embargo, people traded in paid for cars for smaller, more economical cars. What they gained in lower fuel bills, they more than lost in monthly payments....

Sure you do, you just have to appeal to the ignorant, the biased, the prejudiced, the poorly educated. Make them believe that whatever is wrong in their lives isn't their fault, but the fault of others.
Yeah, like Hitler, that's the ticket....:(

LOL... my guess is Rush has a pretty good cross section, with a ton of entrepreneurs among his audience.

Interesting too, as the Dems claim to be the protectors of the down trodden and less gifted amongst us... but now we learn they're Rush's audience!!!! ROTFLOL.

LOL... my guess is Rush has a pretty good cross section, with a ton of entrepreneurs among his audience.

Interesting too, as the Dems claim to be the protectors of the down trodden and less gifted amongst us... but now we learn they're Rush's audience!!!! ROTFLOL.

I'll bet you that "Ragged Dick" is your favorite novel.

I'll bet you that "Ragged Dick" is your favorite novel.
And what pray-tell does this have to do with the following post of mine?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post

LOL... it's just too easy to catch you Libs contradicting yourselves all over the place.
You claim to be one type of animal... open minded and tolerant (ROTFLOL), but as we see so often, it's BS.

Back
Top Bottom