• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush, Beck & Obama Muslim Poll

"HE'S NOT MUSLIM!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that...."

LOL! Classic Seinfeld.

My stupid internet is making this video really slow. Can you just tell me what he said about Beck?

"HE'S NOT MUSLIM!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that...."

LOL! Classic Seinfeld.

My stupid internet is making this video really slow. Can you just tell me what he said about Beck?

I can't watch it all so I hope someone helps us out.

I was watching CNN at some point.
It was about this new trend of more people thinking Obama is Muslim. They said this was INcorrect. They then proceeded to show clips that pretty much convinced me that he IS a Muslim. It was funny.

Great video!

It was about this new trend of more people thinking Obama is Muslim. They said this was INcorrect. They then proceeded to show clips that pretty much convinced me that he IS a Muslim. It was funny.

:slapme: Tell me you know 100% that he is NOT a muslim. Anyone that believes he is really has been brainwashed.

I think I know what clips you are referring to. CNN is presenting all the facts as they are with no real slant. They also had his spirtual advisor on and talked about that one ABC clip going around that "proves" he is a muslim.

The sad part is, is that denying he is a muslim so harshly is giving the cons what they want either way, to create fear of muslims. I think it would be more honest and probably serve him politically if he simply came out and told the truth, he is like nearly every single American out there, a real American and just goes to church around easter and maybe Christmas a few times or screw it not at all the game is coming on.

Someone might inform this moron that Beck doesn't think Obama is a Muslim and also doesn't believe all Muslims are responsible for 9/11. Sheesh.

Perhaps reading the entire transcript might help:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/44403/

And why did they show Glenn's picture when Rush was talking?

Last edited:
Please Obama does not follow Allah, he is a devote follower of the Chaos God Khorne

Khorne - Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more

0507_CA_06.jpg

ALL PRAISE KHORNE!!!!

This guy is just as bad as anyone from Fox, probably worse, cause he's saying stuff that he has made up to make people seem like they are against freedom of religion and that's not it. I've heard Rove speak and he's really just speaking the truth, that these Muslim's are being insensitive to New Yorker's when wanting to build this close to ground zero. They are Muslim's for crissake. Have they forgotten why the twin towers fell, and nearly 3,000 people died? It's because Muslim's in the name of their religion were hell-bent on killing all American's, or as many as possible. Most American's are against them building there. They should quietly take the offers they've been given, and go build their Mosque there.

Someone might inform this moron that Beck doesn't think Obama is a Muslim and also doesn't believe all Muslims are responsible for 9/11. Sheesh.

Perhaps reading the entire transcript might help:

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Pelosi wants to investigate Ground Zero mosque opponents

And why did they show Glenn's picture when Rush was talking?

I think the point the commentator from MSNBC was trying to make is this...

Althought guys like Rush, Hannity and even Levin might say, "I don't believe he (Pres. Obama) is a Muslim," they stop short of proclaiming that he is a Christian. By doing so, they absolve themselves of having the finger pointed at them that they've ever stated affirmatively that Pres. Obama is a Muslim. But...

They go out of their way at every turn to "link" the President w/radical Muslims, i.e., "he won't comment on whether it's right or wrong to build the Mosque at Ground Zero", "he bows to the Saudi prince, etc., who we all know is of the Muslim faith," "he was a member of Rev. Wright's church for 20 yrs", etc., etc., etc. They go out of their way hype up this Muslim extremist/terrorist fridge and they make a point to ever so slightly link the President with this fridge in such a way that their listeners are always suspecious, anxious, angry that it's real easy to turn all that into outright hatred. You say something enough times and eventually the lie becomes the truth.

It's even gotten to the point where people forget or completely ignore the fact that some of these very same things they claim that only President Obama has done both former president's Clinton and GW Bush have also done, i.e., both Bush and Obama have used Imam Feisal to promote peaceful relations abroad about Islam in American. All three Presidents have bowed to the Saudi Prince at one time or another, as well as other foreign diplomates/heads of state as a matter of custom and respect. Even books covering basic principles in U.S. export practises express the importance of following foreign customs when dealing w/foreign clients.

There are other clear examples of how these guys try to absolve themselves of other "hot-button" issues while also claiming "innocence", i.e., the President is a U.S. citizen, yet they still ask to see his birth certificate, or they claim he doesn't follow the Constitution but neglect to mention that not only aren't all the President's responsiblities mentioned in the Constitution but Congress has enacted an abundance of laws that specificly state what the President's authorities are in many different situations (i.e., setting up the trust fund for collecting fines and so forth from BP for the oil spill under the Oil Pollution Act) yet they continue to espouse "he's subverting the Constitution" or "it's unconstitutional...who gave him the authority to do..." such and such. It's a play on people's ignorance and fear, and they're banking that no one will go and look up various things from the law that disproves their trumped up claims. It's a bunch of political BS intended to keep people completely and utterly off-guard to get folks to vote their way, the GOP way!!!

Last edited:
This guy is just as bad as anyone from Fox, probably worse, cause he's saying stuff that he has made up to make people seem like they are against freedom of religion and that's not it. I've heard Rove speak and he's really just speaking the truth, that these Muslim's are being insensitive to New Yorker's when wanting to build this close to ground zero. They are Muslim's for crissake. Have they forgotten why the twin towers fell, and nearly 3,000 people died? It's because Muslim's in the name of their religion were hell-bent on killing all American's, or as many as possible. Most American's are against them building there. They should quietly take the offers they've been given, and go build their Mosque there.

So, are you for tearing down the mosque that's closer to Ground Zero? Because basically what you and others are saying is that no mosque should be that close to those hallowed grounds.

They go out of their way at every turn to "link" the President w/radical Muslims, i.e., "he won't comment on whether it's right or wrong to build the Mosque at Ground Zero", "he bows to the Saudi prince, etc., who we all know is of the Muslim faith," "he was a member of Rev. Wright's church for 20 yrs", etc., etc., etc. They go out of their way hype up this Muslim extremist/terrorist fridge and they make a point to ever so slightly link the President with this fridge in such a way that their listeners are always suspecious, anxious, angry that it's real easy to turn all that into outright hatred.

Rev. Wright is a Muslim?

I think the point some people on radio make is that people don't recognize the Christian that Obama says he is. Rev. Wright's church claims to be Christian, but they preach hate and racism. That's not Christian to the majority of Christians in this country. So I think people really are confused about what he really believes. He says he thinks there are many ways to salvation, but that's clearly not a Christian belief. He believes in collective salvation which also isn't part of the Christian religion.

I believe he's not really that religious at all. I think he went to Rev. Wright's church for political worship more than anything.

Think about what you just said in your last line above...

He (Pres. Obama) is going to attend a Baptist church for 20-yrs strictly for political reasons?

And no, Rev. Wright isn't a Muslim. However, the point I was trying to make in mentioning him is that by constantly speaking of Pres. Obama's past relationship w/his former pastor, the talking heads can continue to spin the Rev's anti-American rants and link same w/the apparent anti-American hatred Muslim extremism clearly espouses to. It's painfully obvious! All you have to do (if you're capable of setting politics aside for just a minute) is filter out the white-noise and listen for what they don't say and how certain things are purposely "blended" from one off-topic to the next they claim is of relevence when the reality is one usually has nothing to do with the other.

Think about what you just said in your last line above...

He (Pres. Obama) is going to attend a Baptist church for 20-yrs strictly for political reasons?

And no, Rev. Wright isn't a Muslim. However, the point I was trying to make in mentioning him is that by constantly speaking of Pres. Obama's past relationship w/his former pastor, the talking heads can continue to spin the Rev's anti-American rants and link same w/the apparent anti-American hatred Muslim extremism clearly espouses to. It's painfully obvious! All you have to do (if you're capable of setting politics aside for just a minute) is filter out the white-noise and listen for what they don't say and how certain things are purposely "blended" from one off-topic to the next they claim is of relevence when the reality is one usually has nothing to do with the other.

What I mean is that Rev. Wright's church was more political than spiritual. I don't believe a true Christian would put up with that. Preachers shouldn't rant about political crap from the pulpit. That's not the purpose of worship.

Do you honestly believe Obama had no clue that Rev. Wright was such a hate-filled racist? Or do you think Rev. Wright isn't a hate-filled racist?

:slapme: Tell me you know 100% that he is NOT a muslim. Anyone that believes he is really has been brainwashed.

I can't. Even if asked before the election, I would have said I don't know either way. I still don't know 100%. Only Obama knows where his heart is. I'm still bouncing around from 50% to 70 to 30 back to 50 etc.
The only real relevance in my opinion is whether he lied or not.
My comment about CNN was just pointing out what I found funny. They said people who thought he was Muslim were incorrect. They then went on to show clips that pointed to things that might make you believe he is a Muslim.

I don't think there's any evidence he's a Muslim. Black Liberation Theology believer? Yes.

Rev. Wright is a Muslim?

I think the point some people on radio make is that people don't recognize the Christian that Obama says he is. Rev. Wright's church claims to be Christian, but they preach hate and racism. That's not Christian to the majority of Christians in this country. So I think people really are confused about what he really believes. He says he thinks there are many ways to salvation, but that's clearly not a Christian belief. He believes in collective salvation which also isn't part of the Christian religion.

I believe he's not really that religious at all. I think he went to Rev. Wright's church for political worship more than anything.

I agree Mellie
Ann Coulter ( I know how just the mention of her name gets liberal panties in a wad, so couldn't resist) thinks he is an atheist. Maybe she's not far off.

What I mean is that Rev. Wright's church was more political than spiritual. I don't believe a true Christian would put up with that. Preachers shouldn't rant about political crap from the pulpit. That's not the purpose of worship.

Do you honestly believe Obama had no clue that Rev. Wright was such a hate-filled racist? Or do you think Rev. Wright isn't a hate-filled racist?

It's not a matter of what Rev. Wright believes. It's a matter of what he espoused which in this case was anti-American commentary. In that context, the talking heads have successfully - wrongfully, IMO - connected Pres. Obama w/Muslim extremist's anti-American ideology. The question of Pres. Obama's religious preference is irrelevent in this context. What is is the continued play on the notion that the President is just as anti-American as the Muslim extremist. By making this "link" to anti-Americanism, the talking heads can and will continue to play on the fears of their listeners.

Think...I mean really think...about what's being said right now. Think about how everything is being painted with such a broad brush. Filter out the white-noise and listen...

Last edited:
It's not a matter of what Rev. Wright believes. It's a matter of what he espoused which in this case was anti-American commentary. In that context, the talking heads have successfully - wrongfully, IMO - connected Pres. Obama w/Muslim extremist's anti-American ideology. The of Pres. Obama's religious preference is irrelevent in this context. What is is the continued play on the notion that the President is just as anti-American as the Muslim extremist. By making this "link" to anti-Americanism, the talking heads can and will continue to play on the fears of their listeners.

Think...I mean really think...about what's being said right now. Think about how everything is being painted with such a broad brush. Filter out the white-noise and listen...

Obama's affiliation with Rev Wright has always been of concern to some on the right, even before the election. It was totally ignored in the left stream media. They were too busy hounding Sarah Palin. Or maybe they were hounding her to get our eyes off Rev. Wright and his church. Either way, if some on the right are still trying to get their point across, so what?
Just because he won the election is no reason to think, "Oh we must have been wrong about Wright. We won't mention it again."

Ann Coulter ( I know how just the mention of her name gets liberal panties in a wad, so couldn't resist) thinks he is an atheist. Maybe she's not far off.

Really I think that is what most people here have been suggesting is that he is an atheist. Look at Clinton or George HW Bush, neither one of them were really big into the whole being religious thing but it was also a different time when people didn't care as much about stuff like that, they just were probably better of doing the pony show with it.

If you attend a church for 20 years that's lead by an anti-American racist, of course people are going to think you agree. If you didn't, why would you go there? Let alone call him a friend, a spiritual mentor, have him lead your marriage ceremony and baptize your kids....

Father Pflegor is Obama's mentor as well. He's a REAL peach. :shock:

Very well then, mention it. But do so in it's proper context, i.e., what has President Obama don't that no other President has done that is, in fact, un-American?

Bow to foreign heads of state? Presidents since Nixon have done this.

Accept gifts from foreing leaders? Presidents since Reagon have done this.

Working with foreign leaders, specifically those from the Middle-East? Presidents since Eisenhower have done this.

(See link dispelling some of these issues here.)

Again, filter out the white-noise and discover the truth for yourselves! Stop listening to and relying solely upon what you're being told and instead get the knowledge for yourselves! I'm not saying throw out and ignore everything you read in the papers or hear in the media including talk radio. I am saying, however, take the time to stop, read between the lines, filter fact from BS and get to the truth on your own not just from one particular partisan source or another.

If you attend a church for 20 years that's lead by an anti-American racist, of course people are going to think you agree. If you didn't, why would you go there? Let alone call him a friend, a spiritual mentor, have him lead your marriage ceremony and baptize your kids....

Father Pflegor is Obama's mentor as well. He's a REAL peach. :shock:

All I can tell you is what I've said to others on this very same issue...

I've been a member of my church for at least the last 8 years. Prior to that, I wasn't that religious (but I've always believed there is something more powerful than myself that exsists that guides all of us), but I had attended churches here and there at my discretion. It wasn't until I decided to pursue a better life of righteousness from within the Christian faith did I decide to start attending church on a more regular basis. I don't always agree with the things my Paster preaches. There are times when I think he gets an issue completely wrong and I've addressed such w/him in private. But as a whole, I believe he tries to teach from a Biblical basis. That, to me, is more important than his personal views.

That aside, I don't think many white Americans understand the social-policial connection between the black church and politics. I've talked about this before in other threads. From the days of slavery to the Civil Rights era, the church was the only true "hiding place" African-Americans had where we could go and discuss many of the issues that affected our communities. So, for me as a Black man and as most African-Americans may even atest to, knowing that Rev. Wright has discussed social-political issues from the pulpit isn't as shocking to me/us as it might be to many Whites. It's been part of our social-political-spiritual dynamic for generations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom