• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rumsfeld, architect of Iraq war, says Obama hasn't yet justified Syria attack

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
On the contrary, Rummy is perfect. He totally screwed the pooch. Obama should wait for absolute confirmation. Don't engage in another Bush style questionable evidence conflict.

Oh, this is great, if you can't get Rummy on board, you got nothin.

A lot more than you, since he was actually involved in making decisions.

Wow, that was pretty sad for a deflection. he has a point, if the warmongers of the Bush era are not for it, perhaps that is a sign it might be so overwhelmingly bad that you should not do it. It is sort of like when the junkie on the corner tells you not to take something because it will screw you up, you probably want to listen.

Wow, that was pretty sad for a deflection. he has a point, if the warmongers of the Bush era are not for it, perhaps that is a sign it might be so overwhelmingly bad that you should not do it. It is sort of like when the junkie on the corner tells you not to take something because it will screw you up, you probably want to listen.

You really don't know this stuff, you ought to get more informed.

Forgive me if I don't find him reputable...

Do you have some form of explanation or are we just supposed to take your opinion for fact now?

I could ask you the same question.

I don't need someone like Rumsfeld to tell me there is no justification to take action in Syria.

It's plain as day!

how did they justify iraq war

saddam had bombed kurds with chemical gases in halapja but when ? 25 years ago

haha

just turn blind eye to this massacres when it works for you and then use 9/11 attacks as an excuse to attack other countries
it means you kill the other people over your own people's blood

only superior USA has the right to kill babies as in japan

my nuke beats your chemicals

no chemical weapon ,no nuke in no parts of the world and by no country

who agrees ?

Last edited:
how did they justify iraq war

saddam had bombed kurds with chemical gases in halapja but when ? 25 years ago

haha

just turn blind eye to this massacres when it works for you and then use 9/11 attacks as an excuse to attack other countries
it means you kill the other people over your own people's blood

no chemical weapon ,no nuke in no parts of the world and by no country

who agrees ?

There was so much more than that. It's history that I get tired of debating year after year by those like you who refuse to acknowledge the truth.

We do not need to get involved with Syria, we are not the World's Policeman.

We were wrong to go into Iraq the second time, we should have cleaned house once and for all the FIRST time when we were justified in protecting an "ally" from invasion.

Still, Rumsfeld saying he's against it is like pouring gas on a fire, only serving to make Obama think it is a good idea.

It would be much better if more people from Obama's political party stood up and said "no way" instead.

There was so much more than that. It's history that I get tired of debating year after year by those like you who refuse to acknowledge the truth.

can you clarify please

No.

If after all these years, you don't understand the facts, what good it is for me to explain?

l know many friends usually bring this massacre to such discussions about iraq war

tahts what l cant understand

I am waiting for Dick Cheney's opinion on this.

l know many friends usually bring this massacre to such discussions about iraq war

tahts what l cant understand

There are always ugly situation in war. If they were aware of "massacres" then they are as guilty as those doing the massacres if they didn't report it.

How old were you during the first Gulf war? How old were you in 2003? Did you listen to both sides of the argument?

Consider this.

Since the majority of both parties in congress was OK with authorizing going into Iraq, don't you think that should apply to Syria as well?

I Googled and found it. Birds of the same feather flock together.
Former Vice President Dick Cheney criticized the Obama administration’s handling of the Syrian situation on “Fox News Sunday” in the wake of President Bashar al-Assad’s use of chemical weapons.

Cheney suggested the United States missed its opportunity, and was unsure if al-Assad’s use of chemical weapons justified U.S. involvement if the deaths of 93,000 people already killed in the conflict did not justify it.

Read more: Cheney: Obama 'a day late and a dollar short' on Syria | The Daily Caller

There are always ugly situation in war. If they were aware of "massacres" then they are as guilty as those doing the massacres if they didn't report it.

How old were you during the first Gulf war? How old were you in 2003? Did you listen to both sides of the argument?

Consider this.

Since the majority of both parties in congress was OK with authorizing going into Iraq, don't you think that should apply to Syria as well?

There was no sketchiness about who created the mass graves in Iraq. The data on who used the chem weapons appears to be.

There was no sketchiness about who created the mass graves in Iraq. The data on who used the chem weapons appears to be.

That is still only one consideration of many.

Still haven't read up on Nanking yet, I see. Have a little context before tossing in your offhanded nonsense.

Consider this.

l dont think they werent aware of it ,lord

but they waited too long to accuse saddam of using chemical gase

this is a fact

also remember saddam was encouraged to attack iran ,he was a lovely president once upon a time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom