• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rummy Says Media Distorts Trump's Words

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
On the issue of NATO, Rumsfeld suggested that the media hasn’t accurately portrayed Trump’s position on the institution.
“I had a staff person go back and tell me precisely what [Trump] did say about NATO and then I compared it with what the media and his opponents are saying he said about NATO and there’s a difference,” he said.

Donald Rumsfeld says he's 'clearly' voting for Trump - POLITICO

Ya, I have noticed that in the last three weeks the "SLANDER TRUMP" project has really ramped up. I predict that the result will be an even deeper disrespect of the major press. We are headed towards a time where the people will start out from the assumption that the "journalists" and their editors are lying and/or incapable of understanding the truth..

I note with interest that Rumsfeld agrees with Trump on many international management issues, and will vote for him.
Donald Rumsfeld says he'll vote for Trump ? 'It's not a close call!' | Daily Mail Online

Oh boy, it's really important what Rumsfeld says about it.

I suppose we will be hearing what Charles Manson has to say about it next, eh? ;)

The damned media quotes Trump instead of writing what his handlers say he meant. Bastards.

Ya, I have noticed that in the last three weeks the "SLANDER TRUMP" project has really ramped up. I predict that the result will be an even deeper disrespect of the major press. We are headed towards a time where the people will start out from the assumption that the "journalists" and their editors are lying and/or incapable of understanding the truth..

I note with interest that Rumsfeld agrees with Trump on many international management issues, and will vote for him.
Donald Rumsfeld says he'll vote for Trump ? 'It's not a close call!' | Daily Mail Online

Your call, obviously, but my immediate reaction is Rumsfeld endorsing Trump is a strong case against voting for the guy, at least if your key concern is "international management issues."

I'm already there. So should everyone be. We're in the age of partisan news.

I'm already there. So should everyone be. We're in the age of partisan news.

Putting a spin on the news is not the same as lying, or not being able to understand the truth. This is a deeper state of the breakdown of journalism, which has been happening at least ever since Gannett started to buy up all the medium sized town newspapers late 60's I think. By the early 80's it was clear to anyone who cared enough to look that journalism was in trouble, and that the problem was ownership.

Trump understood the Press since at least last August. He never trusted them, and still doesn't; for good reason. They were in the sack for Clinton from the start.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's a whole bunch of problems with Trump so misquoting him doesn't have to be employed.
The NATO thing was just one example.
The one about arresting women for having abortions is another.
Just stick to facts.
If that's not enough then you don't deserve to win.

Trump seems to attract support now from war criminals and in this case the man who set up Saddam Hussein with chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction...........

Yes, Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons'

Trump is proud he has received the support and vote of the alleged "war criminal Donald Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons' | Daily Mail Online

Trump seems to attract support now from war criminals and in this case the man who set up Saddam Hussein with chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction...........

Trump is proud he has received the support and vote of the alleged "war criminal Donald Rumsfeld

Reminds me about how Christopher Hitchens went on for years at volume about what a war criminal Kissinger is.

If we threw out everyone he has worked for, worked with, or otherwise supported in DC over my lifetime, well, the history books would be just a little empty.....wouldn't they.....

Ya, you got it, I take a pass on your argument.

Last edited:

So what was the thing that the media got wrong about Trump's comment on NATO? What did Rumsfeld's people find?

So what was the thing that the media got wrong about Trump's comment on NATO? What did Rumsfeld's people find?

My crystal ball is in the shop and sad to say I lost my long distance ESP mindmeld powers a few years back.

You are on your own, but feel free to report back with your winnings.

I'd be curious to know, I love learning new stuff.

Have a great day.

Well, the media will be after Trump.
It is interesting, to me anyway, that Obama brags about building a fence and deporting record numbers of "illegal immigrants", excuse me, undocumented and no one complains about his racism or hatred of Hispanics but Trump talks about a wall and he is a racist bigot. And Trump says that the worse people are coming in, which strikes me as a reasonable and correct statement-successful people tend to stay in their home country. Not sure that what he said is much different from the Stature of Liberty poem about "wretched refuse" and huddled masses yearning to be free. Wretched refuse?????

People should listen to Trump and not the media spin on Trump.

SaddamRumsfeld.jpg

This is your idea of a slander?

".....On the issue of NATO, Rumsfeld suggested that the media hasn’t accurately portrayed Trump’s position on the institution.

“I had a staff person go back and tell me precisely what [Trump] did say about NATO and then I compared it with what the media and his opponents are saying he said about NATO and there’s a difference,” he said....."

Read more: Donald Rumsfeld says he's 'clearly' voting for Trump - POLITICO

Let's start with Rummy's credibility about things died in the desert of Iraq. His lack of credibility is a known, known.

What did this staffer find that Trump did "precisely say"? The article never states. Rummy never told us what the difference was, so how can any of gauge a thing from this. So some staffer told Rummy and Rummy told some reporter and you told us, none of whom actually presented the content of the argument, making what Trump said that was different than as portrayed a known, unknown.
Hence, this is nothing short of very shallow hearsay.

If this is your idea of media bias, then you are as thinned skinned as Trump. You can do better. Until then, don't waste our time or your angst.

Last edited:
My crystal ball is in the shop and sad to say I lost my long distance ESP mindmeld powers a few years back.

You are on your own, but feel free to report back with your winnings.

I'd be curious to know, I love learning new stuff.

Have a great day.

Did your crystal ball not tell you to look into the story to see if Rumsfeld's claim was true or not?

I agree with all of your comment, but this is beautiful....:lamo

Let's start with Rummy's credibility about things died in the desert of Iraq. His lack of credibility is a known, known.

Slander seems to now mean telling the truth about someone you support and do not want others to know anything of his history and character ...........

Did your crystal ball not tell you to look into the story to see if Rumsfeld's claim was true or not?

Look, let me spell this out for you.....Unless Rumsfeld tells us we are not going to know without a crystal ball or a mindmeld the particulars, because his staff (he has a staff? Who pays for it?) is not going to be yakking to press. Rumsfeld ended his career badly BUT he is very talented and very knowledgeable, his judgment has value to me. If you want to discredit his judgement here or in general that is up to you, but absent information that I dont currently have that he is no longer a credible source I am listening and taking his views seriously.

As always you are free to go your own way.

Seems to me that a difference between us is that I won't think less of you because you dont agree with me, whereas you only hold in esteem those who think you are right. But who knows, I am wrong sometimes.

LOL You wish....Rummy has always had a fondness for dictators and authoritarians.

rumsfeld-saddam_shakinghands.jpg

I am not saying that Saddam and Rumsfeld didn't meet each other. i am saying the picture you posted seems edited. Please note the following:

1. Saddam's shadow seems inserted and not naturally flowing.
2. The image of Saddam's head is from another picture:

View attachment 67203327

Last edited:
I am not saying that Saddam and Rumsfeld didn't meet each other. i am saying the picture you posted seems edited. Please note the following:

1. Saddam's shadow seems inserted and not naturally flowing.
2. The image of Saddam's head is from another picture:

View attachment 67203327

You are correct sir.
Saddam's head is pasted over someone else's head.
You can see the original head in at least 2 places.

Rumsfeld is the least credible source on the subject of credibility. Or bias. Or anything within a few light years of the general concept of truth.

Back
Top Bottom