• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ruling lets Redondo Beach restrict where day laborers solicit work

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Ruling lets Redondo Beach restrict where day laborers solicit work

Ruling lets Redondo Beach restrict where day laborers solicit work - Los Angeles Times

Redondo Beach city officials can prohibit day laborers from soliciting work from motorists, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday in a case that has been eyed by other cities that have sought similar restrictions.

A lower court four years ago had ruled that the city's ordinance banning solicitation from the street infringed on laborers' free speech rights. Wednesday's 2-to-1 decision from the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals overturned that ruling.

One thought, most of these people are illegals, just send out the INS... Oh wait, the idiots in Redondo beach think moving these underpaid illegal aliens around works. :lol:

I just do not see why they can't enforce some anti-panhandling law against day labor sites in the first place.

Because the Supreme Court ruled a long time ago that panhandling was "protected free speech". Therefore, you cannot restrict panhandling. How about they just rule "beating the crap out of criminals" as protected free speech and let people take care of the illegal immigration problem ourselves.

One thought, most of these people are illegals, just send out the INS... Oh wait, the idiots in Redondo beach think moving these underpaid illegal aliens around works. :lol:

FAIL.

Fe-AIL.

FLAILING FAIL.

FAIL-A-LAIDA-DING-DONG

FAIL-O-MATIC.

I guess you've never been to Redondo Beach.

Most are Vets.

Homeless, indigent American citizens looking for handy man work...

It's amazing how un-Christian this Christian nation can become.

I know the City Attorney -- I think this was a political favor.

Whose the idiot now.

FAIL.

Fe-AIL.

FLAILING FAIL.

FAIL-A-LAIDA-DING-DONG

FAIL-O-MATIC.

I guess you've never been to Redondo Beach.

Most are Vets.

Homeless, indigent American citizens looking for handy man work...

day_laborers_redondo.jpg

Rally Against Illegal Aliens In Redondo Beach A Success [ Pics ] : Diggers Realm

yes, FAIL indeed.

I know the City Attorney -- I think this was a political favor.

Since I pointed out you were being untruthful, it seems your attack on a random religion is well a rather silly strawman.

Whose the idiot now.

I'll let our respective posts be what others use to answer this query. . :thumbs:

Last edited:

Wait a minute, this is a secular nation, it is not now, nor has it EVER been a Christian nation.

Try again.

Back
Top Bottom