• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy's gone "hypothetical"....yeah, sure, we all believe that

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Yesterday, in an interview with Jake Tapper, "Rudy Giuliani said Mr. Trump recalled that the discussions about building a Trump Tower in Moscow were “going from the day I announced to the day I won."

Rudy's just released statement:
  • "My recent statements about discussions during the 2016 campaign between Michael Cohen and then-candidate Donald Trump about a potential Trump Tower 'project' were hypothetical and not based on conversations I had with the President. My comments did not represent the actual timing or circumstances of any such discussions. The point is that the proposal was in the earliest stage and did not advance beyond a free non-binding letter of intent."
    -- Rudy Giuliani, 21 Jan 2019

Presumably, his comments had Trump sweating like a whore in church for I literally just a minute ago heard on the news -- sorry, it was on in the "background" and hasn't appeared on the web yet, AFAIK -- that Rudy now has "backtracked" the nature of his remarks to attempt to classify them as hypothetical.

Man, these Trump people are saying and trying pretty much anything to spin their stories "six ways to the wind."

Update:

Last edited:
Yesterday, in an interview with Jake Tapper, "Rudy Giuliani said Mr. Trump recalled that the discussions about building a Trump Tower in Moscow were “going from the day I announced to the day I won."

Rudy's just released statement:
  • "My recent statements about discussions during the 2016 campaign between Michael Cohen and then-candidate Donald Trump about a potential Trump Tower 'project' were hypothetical and not based on conversations I had with the President. My comments did not represent the actual timing or circumstances of any such discussions. The point is that the proposal was in the earliest stage and did not advance beyond a free non-binding letter of intent."
    -- Rudy Giuliani, 21 Jan 2019

Presumably, his comments had Trump sweating like a whore in church for I literally just a minute ago heard on the news -- sorry, it was on in the "background" and hasn't appeared on the web yet, AFAIK -- that Rudy now has "backtracked" the nature of his remarks to attempt to classify them as hypothetical.

Man, these Trump people are saying and trying pretty much anything to spin their stories "six ways to the wind."

Update:

I think Mr. Giuliani has been trying to mimic the President by making statements without fact-checking first.

The problem is, he forgets that the "buck" doesn't stop with him, and he really needs to be "fact-checking" with the President to see what he wants him to say. :shrug:

I saw the thread title and figured that Trump had wised up and sent Rudy packing....

I think Mr. Giuliani has been trying to mimic the President by making statements without fact-checking first.

The problem is, he forgets that the "buck" doesn't stop with him, and he really needs to be "fact-checking" with the President to see what he wants him to say. :shrug:

I saw the thread title and figured that Trump had wised up and sent Rudy packing....

I said in the early part of Rudy working for Trump is that he is trying to take Trump down from the inside, and so far, nothing that he has said or done made me reevaluate that. Either that, or he is gong senile.

LOL!

I just saw how the thread appears in the "Newest Threads" window/pane on the right side of the forum main page.

I have no idea why "hypothetical" didn't make it into the short title that pane exposes, but I see that it didn't.

I said in the early part of Rudy working for Trump is that he is trying to take Trump down from the inside, and so far, nothing that he has said or done made me reevaluate that. Either that, or he is gong senile.

Rudy is fighting the political fight and not the legal fight. He is doing a good job of mudding the waters enough to protect Trump politically.

I don’t know. The fact that Trump chooses to keep sending Rudy out on his behalf, time after time, leads me to believe Trump likes what Rudy is doing. I just don’t know why.

Rudy is fighting the political fight and not the legal fight. He is doing a good job of mudding the waters enough to protect Trump politically.

I suspect comes Jan 21, 2021, it will be the legal fight that will be most important, and that technique is going to bite him in areas of the anatomy that are unmentionable.

Red:
I'd say muddying the waters is all he's done; moreover, IMO, it's likely all he's asked to do and attempting to do. And, yes, he'd doing a "fine" job of putting out multiple stories, giving "the base" a veritable smorgasbord of untruths to which they can hew. I suspect the one that appeals most to Trump's gaggle of gormless goombahs will become the one Trump actually repeats.

I don’t know. The fact that Trump chooses to keep sending Rudy out on his behalf, time after time, leads me to believe Trump likes what Rudy is doing. I just don’t know why.

I and, I think, SCrider have a theory on why...see post 10.

I suspect comes Jan 21, 2021, it will be the legal fight that will be most important, and that technique is going to bite him in areas of the anatomy that are unmentionable.

Off-Topic:
Stormy mentioned one of them, and judging by her comments, there really wasn't much to talk about. LOL

He didn't say what he is on camera sayin because truth isn't truth and alternate facts and poopies on the libs. Great. Now we're going to have to listen to the usual suspects shouting "hypothetical" at us until Giulani shovels his next load of ****. Then we'll get to hear that repeated at us in monotone. Great.

Just great.

:roll:

He probably thinks he's keeping people off balance and thus winning.

He may even believe he is untouchable, so he is not worried about ever facing the prospect of having a prosecutor lay out everything that he and his team have said, in order and at once.

Or maybe he really is an idiot savant, the savant part being in relation to the ability to con people.

no one who isn't a Trumpist believes any claims coming out of this administration.

hopefully, but for now it's political, remember impeachment is a political process not a legal one....

Good ol' Rudy. Lubing the truth again.

I don't understand why Trump keeps him on the payroll.

To soften the blows of what comes out of Rudy’s mouth in the hope people will say oh well, we heard this before.

To soften the blows of what comes out of Rudy’s mouth in the hope people will say oh well, we heard this before.

I do think that is among the operative tactics to whatever be the overall PR strategy.

I don't know how many readers of the OP bothered to click the first link and read the content there; however, among that prose one finds this:

The Trump Tower Moscow discussions were “going on from the day I announced to the day I won,” Mr. Giuliani quoted Mr. Trump as saying during an interview with The New York Times.​

Well, I'm sorry, but that does not at all "square" with the notion that what Rudy's SOTU comments being hypothetical.

Not only hypothetical but can't remember any dates either. Rudy is out there, insane, off the wall, entertaining, pavlov's dog, incoherent at times and distracting. What he isn't is a good lawyer.

Not only hypothetical but can't remember any dates either. Rudy is out there, insane, off the wall, entertaining, pavlov's dog, incoherent at times and distracting. What he isn't is a good lawyer.

At this point, I'm beyond even considering his merit as a defense attorney. He's clearly been hired as a PR representative who happens to be an attorney, not the other way round. As has been suggested in a few earlier posts, it's plausible that he's not even tasked with presenting the truth of matters pertaining to Trump, but rather that his raison d'etre is to muddy waters, keep people confused, test/float potential lines of denial and deflection, attack the press, give "the base" straws to grasp, and just generally ensure the polity at large doesn't know what the hell to think.

That's not the sort of thing a PR agent does, but it's how Trump "rolls," so it's likely what he wants his PR agent to do since as POTUS and likely a subject/target of the Russian investigation, he can't himself do so without legally jeopardizing himself.

Aside:
If Trump survives as POTUS until 2020 and yet loses that election, I suspect he'll resign before the following inauguration so Pence (or Pence's replacement if Pence lasts that long) can pardon him. That's what I think is the plan right now. What I don't have a sense of is whether Pence would actually pardon him. What I do have a gut feeling about is that he'll be either in court or in jail, or both, from almost the day he leaves office 'til the day he dies.

Back
Top Bottom