• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy's gone "hypothetical"....yeah, sure, we all believe that

At this point, I'm beyond even considering his merit as a defense attorney. He's clearly been hired as a PR representative who happens to be an attorney, not the other way round. As has been suggested in a few earlier posts, it's plausible that he's not even tasked with presenting the truth of matters pertaining to Trump, but rather that his raison d'etre is to muddy waters, keep people confused, test/float potential lines of denial and deflection, attack the press, give "the base" straws to grasp, and just generally ensure the polity at large doesn't know what the hell to think.

That's not the sort of thing a PR agent does, but it's how Trump "rolls," so it's likely what he wants his PR agent to do since as POTUS and likely a subject/target of the Russian investigation, he can't himself do so without legally jeopardizing himself.

Aside:
If Trump survives as POTUS until 2020 and yet loses that election, I suspect he'll resign before the following inauguration so Pence (or Pence's replacement if Pence lasts that long) can pardon him. That's what I think is the plan right now. What I don't have a sense of is whether Pence would actually pardon him. What I do have a gut feeling about is that he'll be either in court or in jail, or both, from almost the day he leaves office 'til the day he dies.

Rudy is the court jester, he is the distraction while the robbery occurs. I agree with you. I don't care who pardons who and neither will the southern district of new york where the tax evasion, money laundering and fraud will come into play and no daddy around to pardon him.

Rudy is the court jester, he is the distraction while the robbery occurs. I agree with you. I don't care who pardons who and neither will the southern district of new york where the tax evasion, money laundering and fraud will come into play and no daddy around to pardon him.
Red:
Agree. That's a very good way to describe Rudy and his role.

Blue:
FYI:
A pardon from Trump's VP made POTUS would cover SDNY matters. SDNY, the Southern District of New York of the Department of Justice, is still part of the federal judiciary. A pardon wouldn't cover the NY State Attorney General's and other state attorneys general's matters.

Red:
Agree. That's a very good way to describe Rudy and his role.

Blue:
FYI:
A pardon from Trump's VP made POTUS would cover SDNY matters. SDNY, the Southern District of New York of the Department of Justice, is still part of the federal judiciary. A pardon wouldn't cover the NY State Attorney General's and other state attorneys general's matters.

Thanks for the compliment. I meant the state level charges, sorry.

I saw the thread title and figured that Trump had wised up and sent Rudy packing....

I was honestly hoping as much. Every time good ol' Rudy talks he make some idiotic statement.

I was honestly hoping as much. Every time good ol' Rudy talks he make some idiotic statement.

That Rudy is persistently preposterous doesn't bother me. His remarks thus do "Mr. I Hire the Best People" no good, and that works for me.

Back
Top Bottom