• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy Giuliani Sued by Dominion Voting Systems Over False Election Claims

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit on Monday against Rudolph W. Giuliani, the lawyer for Donald J. Trump and former mayor of New York City who played a key role in the former president’s monthslong effort to subvert the 2020 election.

The 107-page lawsuit, filed in the Federal District Court in Washington, accuses Mr. Giuliani of carrying out “a viral disinformation campaign about Dominion” made up of “demonstrably false” allegations, in part to enrich himself through legal fees and his podcast.

The suit seeks damages of more than $1.3 billion and is based on more than 50 statements Mr. Giuliani made at legislative hearings, on Twitter, on his podcast and in the conservative news media, where he spun a fictitious narrative of a plot by one of the biggest voting machine manufacturers in the country to flip votes to President Biden.

=========
I think they have a very solid case. Giuliani made lots of claims, such the company was founded in Venezuela to fix elections for Hugo Chávez, and he can't backup those claims with evidence. Meanwhile, the public and customers lost confidence in Dominion hardware and software resulting in loss of good will and monetary damages.

Everyone Trump touches is ultimately hurt.

It is going to be hard to fight since the star witness is Rudy himself in the evidence against him.
I see that a group of lawyers have asked the state Bar, to take his license away.
Lawyers don't have a good rep as it is and to have a group of them ask that your license be taken away you really have to be a super scumbag , the lowest of the low
Have a nice day

"Mr. Giuliani, one of Mr. Trump’s closest advisers and confidants, has faced continuing fallout for his highly visible efforts to reverse the election outcome. This month, the chairman of the New York State Senate’s judiciary committee formally requested that the state court system strip Mr. Giuliani of his law license."

I love it. It seems even advisers to the president can't just lie with impunity.

Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit on Monday against Rudolph W. Giuliani, the lawyer for Donald J. Trump and former mayor of New York City who played a key role in the former president’s monthslong effort to subvert the 2020 election.

The 107-page lawsuit, filed in the Federal District Court in Washington, accuses Mr. Giuliani of carrying out “a viral disinformation campaign about Dominion” made up of “demonstrably false” allegations, in part to enrich himself through legal fees and his podcast.

The suit seeks damages of more than $1.3 billion and is based on more than 50 statements Mr. Giuliani made at legislative hearings, on Twitter, on his podcast and in the conservative news media, where he spun a fictitious narrative of a plot by one of the biggest voting machine manufacturers in the country to flip votes to President Biden.

=========
I think they have a very solid case. Giuliani made lots of claims, such the company was founded in Venezuela to fix elections for Hugo Chávez, and he can't backup those claims with evidence. Meanwhile, the public and customers lost confidence in Dominion hardware and software resulting in loss of good will and monetary damages.

Darn, I did not see this thread before starting one.

Rudy, Powell, everyone will settle. They know they have no defense.
I heard an interview with the CEO of Dominion. They are out for blood. He and his employees have received death threats. He said they will refuse to settle. They want to go to trial so they can publicly refute the lies, point by point.

I heard an interview with the CEO of Dominion. They are out for blood. He and his employees have received death threats. He said they will refuse to settle. They want to go to trial so they can publicly refute the lies, point by point.
Newsmax, Fox News and American Thinker all have done retractions online . OANN is doubling down... I suspect they will get sued soon enough.

Rudy, Powell, everyone will settle. They know they have no defense.
I'm sure they'll try to settle. Will Dominion? If I were Dominion, I would require an abject, humble public apology and acceptance of eternal disgrace.

Isn't it disgusting that not only did Trump and his cronies not care that their deliberate lies about fraud in the 2020 elections affected Biden, but affected the lives of so many innocent people? Secretaries of States and Attorneys General in states where votes were being counted had their lives and the lives of their family members threatened by Trump and his supporters in order to pressure them to accept Trump's lie. Now I am learning from your post that innocent employees and owners of a voting machine manufacturer were also treated to threats of death in the service of Trump's lie. It would be nice if Trump and anyone who assisted him in these attempts at extortion were prosecuted.

The public apology would just be a start.
True. He would have to list and admit to every lie he told. Acknowledge that he is a lying scumbag and that nobody in their right mind should believe anything he says.

=========

and when Rudy retracts every word he said, nota Trumpist here will stop believing Dominion somehow "magically" switched votes.

Trumpism is vile.

Isn't it disgusting that not only did Trump and his cronies not care that their deliberate lies about fraud in the 2020 elections affected Biden, but affected the lives of so many innocent people? Secretaries of States and Attorneys General in states where votes were being counted had their lives and the lives of their family members threatened by Trump and his supporters in order to pressure them to accept Trump's lie. Now I am learning from your post that innocent employees and owners of a voting machine manufacturer were also treated to threats of death in the service of Trump's lie. It would be nice if Trump and anyone who assisted him in these attempts at extortion were prosecuted.

I am sure millions of death threats were made by the foul creatures that worship the orange idol know as Trump.

Rudolph W. Giuliani: America's Mayor: Fremont, Eleanor: 9780689854231:  Amazon.com: Books

=========

Individuals such as Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani inflicted severe damage on Dominion’s brand and reputation with their willful malicious and false claims. They should be held accountable and compensate the company for the injury they knowingly caused.

and when Rudy retracts every word he said, nota Trumpist here will stop believing Dominion somehow "magically" switched votes.

Trumpism is vile.
True, that damage is done. It's still important for the liars to suffer consequences.

=========

They can not sue for what he said a legislative hearings. Those are protected from libel/slander lawsuits. You can say just about anything about anyone and anything in formal government and court proceedings.
However, for the rest they can sue because anyone can - but it is problematical for Dominion. The lawsuit gives Rudy access to every email, every memo, every communication of any kind, all computer software, all computers, all computer records, and all voting machines of Dominion. He also can get all their financial information of any kind in regards to their claimed lost income.
Dominion will have to prove that Rudy KNEW his statements were false, since he did not accuse them of any criminal activity. He does not have to prove his claims. All he has to show is that he believed what he said is true. Dominion will have to prove Rudy knew in fact what he was saying is false. That is not easy to do.
Because this involved politics as the law clearly favors free speech for anything about politics as a necessity of democracy, so it is a high mountain for Dominion to climb, while makes everything about their company subject to discovery. Because of attorney-client privilege, there is little discovery they could do against Rudy in return. The burden of proof is on Dominion not only to prove what he said is false, but to prove he KNEW what he said is false.
I hope Rudy has the funds to completely open up Dominion's books, computers, software, emails, all communications, software, and investors. This could prove to be a terrible mistake by Dominion. Rudy should file a counter lawsuit.
Dominion better be squeaky clean and have no secrets they don't want divulged - nor any of its investors - because Rudy will have discovery rights to everything they got.

I'm sure they'll try to settle. Will Dominion? If I were Dominion, I would require an abject, humble public apology and acceptance of eternal disgrace.
How ”disgraced” can he get after these?

4DE2ED70-326C-4E95-8BD9-6BAA8876E34F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom