• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy Giuliani on Michael Cohen's prison term, Flynn memos

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/rudy-giuliani-on-michael-cohens-prison-term-flynn-memos

This guy is unbelievable. Chris Wallace is completely befuddled as Giuliani tries to dance around his questions.

WALLACE: -- they discussed the payment to Karen McDougal.

GIULIANI: We're talking about something that doesn't matter. I mean, whether - whether it happened or didn't happen, it's not illegal.

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: You're moving shells around on me. Either it happened or it didn't happen.

GIULIANI: But that's what lawyers do all the time. You argue in the alternative. I'm telling it --

WALLACE: But I'm asking you for the truth, sir.

GIULIANI: I'm telling you definitively -- well, I -- I want the truth too. And the truth is, yes, the tape-recorded conversation did take place. It exonerates the president. The president tells Cohen, do it by check.

Giuliani says Trump didn't know about the payments, as Trump clearly stated on AF1. And Giuliani also says Trump told Cohen to pay the reimbursement "by check." So Trump doesn't know about the payments, AND he is OK with the reimbursements. Of course, Cohen knows if there is a check, there is a paper trail. Trump is so informed, and he is also OK with cash payments.

So, according to Giuliani, the truth is "Yes and No."

Even Trump must be shaking his head after that interview.

Re: Giuliani, the worst spokesman/lawyer Trump could find.

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/rudy-giuliani-on-michael-cohens-prison-term-flynn-memos

This guy is unbelievable. Chris Wallace is completely befuddled as Giuliani tries to dance around his questions.

Giuliani says Trump didn't know about the payments, as Trump clearly stated on AF1. And Giuliani also says Trump told Cohen to pay the reimbursement "by check." So Trump doesn't know about the payments, AND he is OK with the reimbursements. Of course, Cohen knows if there is a check, there is a paper trail. Trump is so informed, and he is also OK with cash payments.

Rudy should have retreated with his political sunset. It would have been much better for his legacy that we remembered him as"America's Mayor" than as he will be remembered as "America's Fool".

It amazes me as to the nonsense that flows freely from his lips. It is as if his mouth no longer has any access to his lawyer brain.

I loved how Guilliani let us know that Trump's conspiring stopped before the election. He is doing Trump no favors. Then again, Trump is a lost cause at this point.

I can’t for the life of me understand why Trump is using him.

It's all he has left of the very best people.

The actual very best people would never even consider working for him...

I saw him on George Steph. This morning.

I was truly embarrassed for him, however I couldn't stop laughing.

I really hope Mueller finishes up so we can get rid of trumps endless clown circus.

That interview was hard to watch. Lying, evading, hyperbole, the entire time. Giulianni even laughs at himself periodically because he knows its such bull****, even ends laughing.
Wallace is exasperated too, doesn't get a single answer.

That's representation for the President of the United States.
What a disgrace Trump and his collaborators are for the world.

A recent cabinet meeting ...:doh

Rudy's nothing but a hired gun and attention whore ****ing things up for trump even worse. Here's his high school yearbook picture:

rudy.jpg

Rudy should have retreated with his political sunset. It would have been much better for his legacy that we remembered him as"America's Mayor" than as he will be remembered as "America's Fool".

I'm in my 60's, and I can not remember anyone who's gone from being so beloved and respected to a complete and utter liar and fool as Giuliani.

He cleaned up NYC and helped it heal after 9-11. He was America's Mayor. Now? He's a complete moron. Trump was always a conman, a buffoon and a liar. Everyone in NY and NJ knew that. so what's going on now with him is no surprise to anyone in the Northeast. But Rudy? It's almost a complete 180.. He was beloved by most.

Why he would willingly do this to his legacy is beyond explanation.

I'm in my 60's, and I can not remember anyone who's gone from being so beloved and respected to a complete and utter liar and fool as Giuliani.

He cleaned up NYC and helped it heal after 9-11. He was America's Mayor. Now? He's a complete moron. Trump was always a conman, a buffoon and a liar. Everyone in NY and NJ knew that. so what's going on now with him is now surprise to anyone in the Northeast. But Rudy? It's almost a complete 180.. He was beloved by most.

Rudy Giuliani is the kind of person who craves the attention of television interviewers

Giuliani believes making this a Democrat versus Republican dynamic is the key to surviving any impeachment trail.

He cleaned up NYC and helped it heal after 9-11. He was America's Mayor. Now? He's a complete moron. Trump was always a conman, a buffoon and a liar. Everyone in NY and NJ knew that. so what's going on now with him is no surprise to anyonIt se in the Northeast. But Rudy? It's almost a complete 180.. He was beloved by most.

It seems that anyone that lends their name to Trump ends up with a bad name. Trump is so devoid of credibility that he sucks the credibility out of those that have the misfortune of getting to close to him (like all of his direct reports).

Its little wonder Trump can no longer hire. Ever hear of the White House Chief of Staff being a job no one wants?

Rudy Giuliani is the kind of person who craves the attention of television interviewers

Oh yeah, but he can still get the attention and interviews and sound sane. He's still well known. I'm sure as Americas Mayor and a formed prosecutor he would still be wanted on the TV news media circuit. To whore himself out for Trump? and to sound like a complete idiot? But especially Trump!! Trump is going to **** on Rudy sooner or later, he turns on everyone eventually.

He's destroyed all the good he did in the 90's and early 2000's..

Oh yeah, but he can still get the attention and interviews and sound sane. He's still well known. I'm sure as Americas Mayor and a formed prosecutor he would still be wanted on the TV news media circuit. To whore himself out for Trump? and to sound like a complete idiot? But especially Trump!! Trump is going to **** on Rudy sooner or later, he turns on everyone eventually.

He's destroyed all the good he did in the 90's and early 2000's..

Something about being a icon on conservative media seems more appealing to Guliani

I've got to disagree because when a lawyer can answer both yes and no, he has circled the wagons. Chris Wallace simply met his oratorical match with the Machiavellian Giuliani. If he plays his cards right, after Trump is convicted, Trump will be eligible to appeal due to Attorney incompetence or dementia. Should wind up in Court for ten years. Never underestimate an adversary.
/

Trump values loyalty over competence.

Giuliani, the worst spokesman/lawyer Trump could find.

I think that's something of an exaggeration....

Giuliani insists he wouldn't let Trump have an interview with Mueller.

Can any great legal minds tells us - or even not so great, it doesn't matter much - why if Trump is innocent he shouldn't relish the possibility of an interview with the authorities to clear his name.

I've got to disagree because when a lawyer can answer both yes and no, he has circled the wagons. Chris Wallace simply met his oratorical match with the Machiavellian Giuliani. If he plays his cards right, after Trump is convicted, Trump will be eligible to appeal due to Attorney incompetence or dementia. Should wind up in Court for ten years. Never underestimate an adversary.
/

I am convinced that is trumps entire defense plan, tie things up in court for the rest of his life.

That interview was hard to watch. Lying, evading, hyperbole, the entire time. Giulianni even laughs at himself periodically because he knows its such bull****, even ends laughing.
Wallace is exasperated too, doesn't get a single answer.

That's representation for the President of the United States.
What a disgrace Trump and his collaborators are for the world.

I said it right at the beginning of Rudy working for Trump is that he is there to take Trump down from the inside.

yeah, pretty dumb.

Giuliani insists he wouldn't let Trump have an interview with Mueller.

Can any great legal minds tells us - or even not so great, it doesn't matter much - why if Trump is innocent he shouldn't relish the possibility of an interview with the authorities to clear his name.
Clear his name from what exactly... when his name is already clear? He has not been accused of anything actually illegal.

IOW, nothing to clear. Can't keep up or what?

Rudy is as stone crazy as Trump is. They are both hopeless.

He cleaned up NYC and helped it heal after 9-11. He was America's Mayor. Now? He's a complete moron. Trump was always a conman, a buffoon and a liar. Everyone in NY and NJ knew that. so what's going on now with him is no surprise to anyone in the Northeast. But Rudy? It's almost a complete 180.. He was beloved by most.

Honestly, I had that opinion about him when he was the Mayor of NY, long before 2001. The freaking out and bullying because of disapproval of art exhibits in museums really was a turn off.

Clear his name from what exactly... when his name is already clear? He has not been accused of anything actually illegal.

IOW, nothing to clear. Can't keep up or what?

But why refuse to speak to the cops if you have nothing to hide? He's been accused at least in public - and as a matter of legal record with SDNY - of all manner of crimes. He could answer Mueller's questions face to face, or better yet, congress's and all this could be over, if he's done nothing wrong

Back
Top Bottom