• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy Giuliani on Michael Cohen's prison term, Flynn memos

Re: Giuliani, the worst spokesman/lawyer Trump could find.

I can’t for the life of me understand why Trump is using him.

He really doesn't have a lot of personalities to choose from. Everyone that touches him either resign in disgrace or go to jail and that is limiting his choices.

agreed, but delighted that he is. after all, tRump told us he only hires the best people

Clear his name from what exactly... when his name is already clear? He has not been accused of anything actually illegal.

IOW, nothing to clear. Can't keep up or what?

LOL Trump's entire "empire" is under investigation for a multitude of felony offenses, his closest allies have taken guilty pleas and flipped on him, he can't even find anyone willing to be Chief of Staff unless it is temporary and you say there is nothing he needs to clear his name from? Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and people like you would still support him. That says volumes about you.

Rudy was trading on 9/11 very early on. “Do you know where I was on 11SEP11?” Rudy has been off drumming up business for his security firm in the Middle East..........

I'm in my 60's, and I can not remember anyone who's gone from being so beloved and respected to a complete and utter liar and fool as Giuliani.

He cleaned up NYC and helped it heal after 9-11. He was America's Mayor. Now? He's a complete moron. Trump was always a conman, a buffoon and a liar. Everyone in NY and NJ knew that. so what's going on now with him is no surprise to anyone in the Northeast. But Rudy? It's almost a complete 180.. He was beloved by most.

Why he would willingly do this to his legacy is beyond explanation.

It is pretty unbelievable. The guy made his bones putting away real mobsters. Mayor of NYC. Now a complete buffoon defending a bigger buffoon. I couldn't believe the booing he got a Yankee game last year. A 360 indeed.

As the post above yours noted, "America's Mayor". It's a shame he didn't call it a day at that.

You are just finding it out now?

Clear his name from what exactly... when his name is already clear? He has not been accused of anything actually illegal.

IOW, nothing to clear. Can't keep up or what?

Sorry, his name is indeed tarnished....most people believe Trump is hiding something.

Most Americans Think Trump Has Been Dishonest In Russia Probe | Fortune

The fact that he is yet to be accused is really moot. Most people its heading in the direction that he will be accused.

As a matter of illustration, we have a missing person case going on here in Colorado. A young mother disappeared on Thanksgiving. Her fiance has not been particularly forthcoming. He never reported her missing (like Trump who denied a crime happened), has not really cooperated with the police (like Trump), doesn't seem to eager to know the truth (like Trump), has changed his story a few times (like Trump)..... the police are searching his ranch.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/16/kelsey-berreth-colorado-search-patrick-frazee/

Like Trump, he has yet to be charged. Like Trump, most people believe that he knows something, hence his name is in question: his reputation is tarnished. Like Trump, he will need to clear his name.... Like Trump, he needs the investigation to go forward to have that happen. The investigation will either identify him OR another party.....

Do you want to bet that he gets charged? Want to bet someone related to Trump gets charged?

Last edited:

But why refuse to speak to the cops if you have nothing to hide? He's been accused at least in public - and as a matter of legal record with SDNY - of all manner of crimes. He could answer Mueller's questions face to face, or better yet, congress's and all this could be over, if he's done nothing wrong
Yeah right, get a clue... the people who unreasonably already hate Trump are haters, than ain't gonna quit...ever.

Look at the misadministration of justice that occurred when Flynn just went along with the DOJ and FBI, talked to them without a lawyer at their behest and then they trap him not remembering exactly [something Jim Comey just exampled 245Xs in one sitting]... and so make that not remembering exactly criminal, something they can arbitrarily use to bankrupt, threaten jail terms to get what they want [ contrast that with the way the folks around the fat lady were treated, exonerated before being interviewed, given immunity, etc...] which was obviously not justice.

Give me the actual laws, the "all manner of crimes" as you put it, and lets see if ANY of them actually stand up to scrutiny. You can't and so you won't do so, its impossible. Besides, Trump has already gone far beyond what was reasonable answering any actual questions in writing and did that stop any of the carping by the left and the folks looking ONLY to sink this presidency by whatever means?

No.

Everybody with more than two brain cells to rub together has already figured that out. At first we laughed at the vapid banality of accusations, now its gotten to the point of pure annoyance at such continued insanity.

But had the left and the dismally lost possession of positively functioning brains they would be Republicans already. Yano?

Last edited:

I'm in my 60's, and I can not remember anyone who's gone from being so beloved and respected to a complete and utter liar and fool as Giuliani.

He cleaned up NYC and helped it heal after 9-11. He was America's Mayor. Now? He's a complete moron. Trump was always a conman, a buffoon and a liar. Everyone in NY and NJ knew that. so what's going on now with him is no surprise to anyone in the Northeast. But Rudy? It's almost a complete 180.. He was beloved by most.

He was also a really divisive figure and piss poor at dealing with folks who disagreed with him. If not for 9/11 I suspect his legacy would have looked a bit different.

I can. He's like Trump. A Newyorker who tells lies on TV.

LOL Trump's entire "empire" is under investigation for a multitude of felony offenses, his closest allies have taken guilty pleas and flipped on him, he can't even find anyone willing to be Chief of Staff unless it is temporary and you say there is nothing he needs to clear his name from? Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and people like you would still support him. That says volumes about you.
Of course everything he has ever done since declaring his candidacy has been investigated...

Remember the "crime" of Trump removing the bust of MLK, jr from the oval? Or how about his injustice of getting two scoops of ice cream when everyone else only got one? Boo hoo hoo, the tragedy, ooooOOOOoooh the humanity. Remember the Stormy obscene interview by CNN? They had him dead to rights then, right? How has that turned out for her and her "lawyer", ostensibly the best prospective Dim candidate to run against Trump in the 2020 election cycle, right?

You prove its a witch hunt right there... and over and over and over and over again with the dud bombshells that you folks launch at Trump daily... they just bounce off him like he is the man of steel. Y'all do it why? Because if your side actually looked at the corruption of your own side... even common criminals would be [read: are] embarrassed for you.

NO COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA, ONLY A FRAME UP OF TRUMP IN ORDER TO COVER UP FAT LADY AND SLENDERFELLA'S MISDEEDS.

She, and ultimately he, are going down. I watched several hours of the House committee on the HillBillary family foundation hearing today... we already had her dead to rights on the email scandal, now criminality on the foundation, U 1 will be next also taking down the Muel, Come[d]y, Rosensteinks ... and McCabe is already under criminal investigation.

:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo This certainly aren't the last laughs, there are plenty more to come, but just an installment laugh on the way to orange jumpsuits for the fat lady/slenderfella posse'. Saddle up for the cattle drive to the pens... as in penitentiaries.

Sorry, his name is indeed tarnished....most people believe Trump is hiding something.

Most Americans Think Trump Has Been Dishonest In Russia Probe | Fortune

The fact that he is yet to be accused is really moot. Most people its heading in the direction that he will be accused.

As a matter of illustration, we have a missing person case going on here in Colorado. A young mother disappeared on Thanksgiving. Her fiance has not been particularly forthcoming. He never reported her missing (like Trump who denied a crime happened), has not really cooperated with the police (like Trump), doesn't seem to eager to know the truth (like Trump), has changed his story a few times (like Trump)..... the police are searching his ranch.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/16/kelsey-berreth-colorado-search-patrick-frazee/

Like Trump, he has yet to be charged. Like Trump, most people believe that he knows something, hence his name is in question: his reputation is tarnished. Like Trump, he will need to clear his name.... Like Trump, he needs the investigation to go forward to have that happen. The investigation will either identify him OR another party.....

Do you want to bet that he gets charged? Want to bet someone related to Trump gets charged?
Yes, I will most certainly bet against you... what do you want to bet Trump WILL BE charged?

Accusations mean nothing. I could accuse you, or anyone, of being a pedophile, which would surely tarnish one's reputation, but its ONLY an accusation.

You have to have proof in our system. You folks attempted to do away with that with Justice Kavanaugh, but that bird don't fly here in the American justice system... even in the court of public opinion.

Your analogy might be measurably improved if it were woven to more adhere to the actual facts surrounding the Trump situation... such as if the wife was found to actually still be alive and the guy, her fiance, had committed no crime. Instead, a couple of bad elements in the law enforcement agencies had tried to frame him and did this with the complicity of the local news media trying to pin a crime that never even occurred on him.

With Trump: There was NO collusion, no campaign finance violations, no criminal wrong doing...not anything. If you think so, give me the statute broken and then prove your case.

You cannot, its impossible.

But you folks ought to just keep trying as wasting all our time is just so damned productive...besides it puts your side in the proper light, clueless.
Yano?

That interview was hard to watch. Lying, evading, hyperbole, the entire time. Giulianni even laughs at himself periodically because he knows its such bull****, even ends laughing.
Wallace is exasperated too, doesn't get a single answer.

That's representation for the President of the United States.
What a disgrace Trump and his collaborators are for the world.

The scriptwriters for this show must be top-notch.

Give me the actual laws, the "all manner of crimes" as you put it, and lets see if ANY of them actually stand up to scrutiny. You can't and so you won't do so, its impossible. Besides, Trump has already gone far beyond what was reasonable answering any actual questions in writing and did that stop any of the carping by the left and the folks looking ONLY to sink this presidency by whatever means?

Campaign finance laws were broken when he paid off his mistresses and did not declare it: his associates in the crime admit t. Obstruction of justice occurs each time he threatens witnesses, suggests he might pardon someone, or simply tweets some interfering garbage - this is corroborated by two on-air admissions of his own that he fired or hired people to interfere with the investigation. He continues to violate the emoluments clause each time he does government business at his own resorts and bills the taxpayer - not to mention when foreign dignitaries stay at his hotels in a hope of influencing him. These are just the crimes that are happening in plain sight.

For the rest - more corruption, obstruction, shady dealings, conspiring with foreign agents and generally stiffing people left and right, these aren't just carping, they are ongoing investigations. I, personally do not have to 'prove it' right here on these forums. I don't work for the DOJ. We just have to wait for the reports to come in. Have a little patience - on at least some of them he's probably in the clear.

That interview is going to be used in the inevitable documentary on the downfall of Trump.

Of course everything he has ever done since declaring his candidacy has been investigated...

Remember the "crime" of Trump removing the bust of MLK, jr from the oval? Or how about his injustice of getting two scoops of ice cream when everyone else only got one? Boo hoo hoo, the tragedy, ooooOOOOoooh the humanity. Remember the Stormy obscene interview by CNN? They had him dead to rights then, right? How has that turned out for her and her "lawyer", ostensibly the best prospective Dim candidate to run against Trump in the 2020 election cycle, right?

You prove its a witch hunt right there... and over and over and over and over again with the dud bombshells that you folks launch at Trump daily... they just bounce off him like he is the man of steel. Y'all do it why? Because if your side actually looked at the corruption of your own side... even common criminals would be [read: are] embarrassed for you.

NO COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA, ONLY A FRAME UP OF TRUMP IN ORDER TO COVER UP FAT LADY AND SLENDERFELLA'S MISDEEDS.

She, and ultimately he, are going down. I watched several hours of the House committee on the HillBillary family foundation hearing today... we already had her dead to rights on the email scandal, now criminality on the foundation, U 1 will be next also taking down the Muel, Come[d]y, Rosensteinks ... and McCabe is already under criminal investigation.

:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo This certainly aren't the last laughs, there are plenty more to come, but just an installment laugh on the way to orange jumpsuits for the fat lady/slenderfella posse'. Saddle up for the cattle drive to the pens... as in penitentiaries.

LOL Since you are enjoying the last minutes of a GOP House for the rest of your existence I will give you a pass....you are welcome. I will just say you are in for a real awakening........Here's a hint of what the next few years are going to be like...

LOL Since you are enjoying the last minutes of a GOP House for the rest of your existence I will give you a pass....you are welcome. I will just say you are in for a real awakening........Here's a hint of what the next few years are going to be like...
Wow, so many bad [former] comics on late night... you here trying to be funny, auditioning for a late night spot... or merely trying to be as serious as a lost lefty can muster?

I bet you were one of those that thought there was going to be a 20 to 40 year realignment of the parties in the Democrats favor with the election of slenderfella in 2008, huh? Too too funny... but egregiously sad at the very same time.

IMO, because as with so many who support Trump, Kruger Dunning.

Looking in the from the outside, I never outstood what Giuliani did that was outstanding after 9/11. He did what any minimally competent mayor would have done, and was turned into a saviour by the media as they searched desperately for a hero in a time of crisis. Giuliani believed the hype.

Last edited:

Could be he can’t find anyone else who wants to represent him.

IMO, because as with so many who support Trump, Kruger Dunning.

Looking in the from the outside, I never outstood what Giuliani did that was outstanding after 9/11. He did what any minimally competent mayor would have done, and was turned into a saviour by the media as they searched desperately for a hero in a time of crisis. Giuliani believed the hype.

He also marketed himself whenever possible,

I was at ground zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers. I was there working with them. I was there guiding things. I was there bringing people there. But I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them.”
While campaigning in Cincinnati, as quoted in The New York Times (11 August 2007)

I agree that Mayor Giuliani is not a really effective attorney for the President.

The mayor is still trading on his reputation made on 9/11.

What the President needs is some top-notch, highly competent, and smooth-talking attorneys. Of course, he cannot find any, for attorneys of that caliber know that (sadly) the President is toast, so they do not want to alienate the liberal bigwigs who will soon be taking over the White House.

Giuliani insists he wouldn't let Trump have an interview with Mueller.

Can any great legal minds tells us - or even not so great, it doesn't matter much - why if Trump is innocent he shouldn't relish the possibility of an interview with the authorities to clear his name.

Clear his name of what? Mueller has been unable to identify any collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. He has not charged guys like PapaD or Flynn with a crime for having met Russians. What exactly is Trump supposed to know about collusion that guys like these dont know ?

But why refuse to speak to the cops if you have nothing to hide? He's been accused at least in public - and as a matter of legal record with SDNY - of all manner of crimes. He could answer Mueller's questions face to face, or better yet, congress's and all this could be over, if he's done nothing wrong

He hasnt been accused with respect to the campaign charges of Cohen. He may well at some point. But that is being handled by the SDNY and not Mueller.

Back
Top Bottom