• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy Giuliani: Nails it!

Some, BLM people may have good intentions, but the leaders of this group are racist haters of Whites and cops.

They are no different than the scum who formed Occupy Wall Street.

Some, BLM people may have good intentions, but the leaders of this group are racist haters of Whites and cops.

They are no different than the scum who formed Occupy Wall Street.

I had a lot more respect for OW.

As I said before, "BAD BLACKS put a target on BAD BLACK'S backs." They get what they deserve.

You do realize that not all blacks are bad, right?

You do realize that not all blacks are bad, right?

Yes, of course I do. The point I was hoping to make was that because of the natural human phenomenon called "guilt by association," the actions of a few seem to be projected onto the many, much in the same way that the actions of a few bad cops are projected onto policemen in general.

I believe that any bad operator only stains other bad operators, not the good ones, too. To generalize is to be dishonest.

Oddly enough, there are more blacks on patrol in the NYPD than whites. Though I do not have the data, I will guess that there are many more blacks in BLM than whites. There are assumptions and conclusions which can be drawn from that. We must be smart enough to understand the difference between **** and sugar.

Hurrah you found ONE. I also found this at your link
According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times as great as the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.
The Durango Herald 07/12/2016 | Aren't more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no.

(CNN) — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani stood by his recent comments Monday that the Black Lives Matter movement is "inherently racist."

Giuliani told CBS on Sunday that he thinks the activist movement, aimed at preventing violence toward the African-American community, exacerbated racial tensions by putting a target on the backs of police officers.

"I would like people to know that the New York City Police Department is a non-majority white police department," Giuliani said. "I understand the other side of it. I don't mean not to talk about the other side of it ... The American people get a wrong impression and Black Lives Matter, therefore, puts a target on the backs of (police officers)."

Rudy Giuliani: Black Lives Matter 'inherently racist' - CNNPolitics.com

:fart

:doh :doh :doh
Just no.

"Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn’t work that way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn’t want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That’s not made up out of whole cloth — there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it’s generally not considered “news”, while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate — young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don’t treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don’t pay as much attention to certain people’s deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don’t treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem." This is the perfect response to “All Lives Matter” | Fusion
There is nothing "Obvious" in the statement "Black lives matter" that the word "Too" is included. It is blatantly racist to assume that when people say 'All lives matter", that they are racist.

OK..you are coming off like a freaking minor bird.

I saw the difference myself, and I do not need to cut and paste some biased article written by some writer with a hard on.

Ask any New Yorker who actually lived there before you post this nonsense........ you are a bright guy, but this isn't one of your better posts.
That's "Myna Bird" not "minor bird"/

It is racist.......period.

Your own side is saying that " all lives matter " is racist.

Blacks do not deserve special treatment for their inherited skin pigment.

The entire premise of the BLM movement is built on a lie, and continues run with it.

Blacks are not killed disproportionately.............total lie!

Blacks are killed other blacks more often than by people who are not black.

(CNN) — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani stood by his recent comments Monday that the Black Lives Matter movement is "inherently racist."

Giuliani told CBS on Sunday that he thinks the activist movement, aimed at preventing violence toward the African-American community, exacerbated racial tensions by putting a target on the backs of police officers.

"I would like people to know that the New York City Police Department is a non-majority white police department," Giuliani said. "I understand the other side of it. I don't mean not to talk about the other side of it ... The American people get a wrong impression and Black Lives Matter, therefore, puts a target on the backs of (police officers)."

Rudy Giuliani: Black Lives Matter 'inherently racist' - CNNPolitics.com

I loved Rudy after his heroic and calming performance following 9/11. He was awesome.

Several years later, he was on the speaking circuit at a real estate convention I attended. He was the keynote. SRO. I, and do many thousand others, couldn't wait.

He did not talk about 9/11. Don't remember what he DID talk about. I may have fallen asleep.

Felt like I'd paid $500 for third tow center and listened to the Supremes play their new CDs. I want my money back!!!

Never did a man misjudge his fame any more than Rudy.

Thing is....those 13% of Blacks, commit 70% of the crime.....so what are the odds of getting shot by police ..............or another citizen?
And most Blacks killed in America are killed by other Blacks.

Most people that are shot by police, earn it!

your statistics are a lie.

Back
Top Bottom