• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rubio: Mattis resignation shows US headed toward ‘grave policy errors’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...er-shows-us-headed-toward-grave-policy-errors

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) warned that Defense Secretary James Mattis’ resignation announcement suggests the White House is headed down a foreign policy path that could have “grave” consequences.

“Just read Gen. Mattis resignation letter. It makes it abundantly clear that we are headed towards a series of grave policy errors which will endanger our nation, damage our alliances & empower our adversaries,” Rubio tweeted, following the announcement that Mattis would retire in February.
====================================
Most key leaders see the folly of Trump's decision to exit Syria.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...er-shows-us-headed-toward-grave-policy-errors

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) warned that Defense Secretary James Mattis’ resignation announcement suggests the White House is headed down a foreign policy path that could have “grave” consequences.

“Just read Gen. Mattis resignation letter. It makes it abundantly clear that we are headed towards a series of grave policy errors which will endanger our nation, damage our alliances & empower our adversaries,” Rubio tweeted, following the announcement that Mattis would retire in February.

Rubio must take Mattis as a God.

That is another mistake from him, on top of many.

Most “people” saw the “folly” in early November 2016........”swallows are returning to Capistrano.......”....chickens returning to roost.....

that we are headed towards a series of grave policy errors

A series of errors. Yep. The Republicans know there's more to come. Yet the Republican cowards in congress do nothing.

Rubio must take Mattis as a God.

That is another mistake from him, on top of many.

Lot of that going around. Trump and his Fifth Avenue supporters think Trump is a god: Ate, the goddess of folly has my vote. Or the Roman god Mendacius, who needs no explanation. Ozymandias is runner up in mythology, also fits perfectly:

“My name is Trump, King of Kings;
Look on my Wall, ye Migrants, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wall, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Apologies to Shelley

Lot of that going around. Trump and his Fifth Avenue supporters think Trump is a god: Ate, the goddess of folly has my vote. Or the Roman god Mendacius, who needs no explanation. Ozymandias is runner up in mythology, also fits perfectly:

“My name is Trump, King of Kings;
Look on my Wall, ye Migrants, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wall, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Apologies to Shelley

:lamo

You and Trump share similar brain wavelengths. I'll give you that.

I said once or twice here long ago that me and Trump are a lot alike, which accounts for why I understand him so well.

How this guy Trump ever came to learn the things that he did I still dont understand, he is one strange and interesting dude.

So Little Marco is a leader now get real. Little Marco though not as bad as the McCain contingent has always been
a neo-con war monger. He was the last to admit that w's indulgence into Iraq was a bad idea. W's folly was the primary reason
for turning the entire Middle East into an inferno. It's always a bad idea to listen to the likes of Rubio when the discussion
is foreign affairs.

You are right. Most people fear this decision because of the consequences of Obamas decision to abandon Iraq. A decision you supported. But since you support staying in Syria, what is the goal? What is the mission? When can we leave?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...er-shows-us-headed-toward-grave-policy-errorsSen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) warned that Defense Secretary James Mattis’ resignation announcement suggests the White House is headed down a foreign policy path that could have “grave” consequences.“Just read Gen. Mattis resignation letter. It makes it abundantly clear that we are headed towards a series of grave policy errors which will endanger our nation, damage our alliances & empower our adversaries,” Rubio tweeted, following the announcement that Mattis would retire in February.====================================Most key leaders see the folly of Trump's decision to exit Syria.
It's my opinion that we have been on a path of foreign policy that could have "grave consequences." Furthermore, the withdrawl from Syria is hopefully a harbinger of good things to come. The military dalliances, weaponized foreign policy, and a militarized USA economy should bring shame upon us all. Take a honest look at the real USA, "War is good business, and business is good." Kelly, Mattis, Pompeo, etc. are all invested in this ignorant policy and only good things can result from them leaving. I only hope that Trump has the savvy to invest War monies in domestic local infrastructure. We are not the World's policeman and what we have been doing is imperialiism and attempted unilateral World control. I didn't vote for that. I didn't see any such proposition posted. Look at Yemen. Look at our scumbag allies Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and similar dictatorial ilk. We are using weaponized currency, banks, tariffs, sanctions, political pressure and collusion to attempt to make Nations buy our products. We used to be the people that sold quality products at fair prices and didn't have to blackmail/coerce Nations to do business with us. I suspect that much of this is related to our fiat currency and National debt and we're attempting to scheme our way out of debt. I hope I'm wrong./

Don't worry everyone. Rubio will keep kissing trump's hairy orange russian butt as per usual. He will even take it up the **** if trump asks him to.

So Little Marco is a leader now get real. Little Marco though not as bad as the McCain contingent has always been
a neo-con war monger. He was the last to admit that w's indulgence into Iraq was a bad idea. W's folly was the primary reason
for turning the entire Middle East into an inferno. It's always a bad idea to listen to the likes of Rubio when the discussion
is foreign affairs.

McCain was a WAR HERO! And in 2008 most rightwing republicans voted for him to be President. Just because McCain put his COUNTRY before the interests of the crooked trump , people like you have disrespected him, attacked him, celebrated his death and much much worse.

I am a liberal but I RESPECT McCain more than all you unpatriotic traitorous trumpsters.

The sooner Cadet Bone Spurs is thrown in jail the better for the WHOLE WORLD.

Trump is simply to arrogant to work for. Mattis out. Tillerson out. Sessions out. Flynn out. Etc, etc.... Trump knows more than all of them. He knows more than our military leaders. He knows more than the Scientists of his agencies. And he obviously knows more than his PR people - why else would he tweet around them. The circus is still in Washington...

You are right. Most people fear this decision because of the consequences of Obamas decision to abandon Iraq. A decision you supported. But since you support staying in Syria, what is the goal? What is the mission? When can we leave?

PRESIDENT Obama did the right thing to bring the majority of troops home from the ILLEGAL and $5 TRILLION war in Iraq. This was dubya's mess and even trump condemned the Iraq war.

However what trump has done in Syria is a COLOSSAL MISTAKE. Even esteemed and decorated patriotic war hero General Mattis thinks so. I respect the opinion of a WAR HERO over Cadet Bone Spurs any day.

I just can't believe General Mattis lasted as long as he did. The draft dodging coward is an absolute moron and a THREAT to the world.

No wonder Putin, Assad and ISIS are laughing their heads off right now. They convinced their puppet in Mar-Lar-go to do what they wanted.

The next terrorist attack by ISIS will be 100% due to the idiot in Mar-Lar-go.

A series of errors. Yep. The Republicans know there's more to come. Yet the Republican cowards in congress do nothing.

And the Republicans on DP are still denying to the death that there is even a problem. :lol: The Republicans are fiddling while the US burns.

PRESIDENT Obama did the right thing to bring the majority of troops home from the ILLEGAL and $5 TRILLION war in Iraq. This was dubya's mess and even trump condemned the Iraq war.

However what trump has done in Syria is a COLOSSAL MISTAKE. Even esteemed and decorated patriotic war hero General Mattis thinks so. I respect the opinion of a WAR HERO over Cadet Bone Spurs any day.

I just can't believe General Mattis lasted as long as he did. The draft dodging coward is an absolute moron and a THREAT to the world.

No wonder Putin, Assad and ISIS are laughing their heads off right now. They convinced their puppet in Mar-Lar-go to do what they wanted.

The next terrorist attack by ISIS will be 100% due to the idiot in Mar-Lar-go.

The Iraq war was authorized through Congress. If you want to talk about illegal wars look no further than Syria (and the several other countries Obama bombed without Congressional approval). Trump was right for condemning Iraq, and he was correct again about Syria. Trump may be a moron, but at least he realizes all these interventions in the middle east are pointless.

And the Republicans on DP are still denying to the death that there is even a problem. :lol: The Republicans are fiddling while the US burns.

What is the problem and in what way is the US 'burning?' There are a lot of liberals running around with their hair on fire, perhaps that is what you are talking about, but America itself is just fine..

Despite him already saying he wanted out of Syria and many on the left wanting the US out of it in the first place... yeah.

So it's only a bad move if he does it, we get.

Rubio must take Mattis as a God. That is another mistake from him, on top of many.

Ahhh wrong, another mistake from you, on top of many... :roll:

Rubio thinks tRump is mentally unstable and now that his handlers are gone the egomaniac will run amuck.

tRump is like a nuclear reactor that now has all it's control rods removed and is heading for a meltdown... :peace

Ahhh wrong, another mistake from you, on top of many... :roll:

Rubio thinks tRump is mentally unstable and now that his handlers are gone the egomaniac will run amuck.

tRump is like a nuclear reactor that now has all it's control rods removed and is heading for a meltdown... :peace

Rubio had so much opportunity to make that point during the election.

We the People have ruled on this matter.

Despite him already saying he wanted out of Syria and many on the left wanting the US out of it in the first place... yeah. So it's only a bad move if he does it, we get.

Except the critics are from his OWN party, not the liberals... :doh

Republican'ts and generals are lined up to decry tRump's move...

Deflection, the go to of the tRump defenders... :peace

It's my opinion that we have been on a path of foreign policy that could have "grave consequences." Furthermore, the withdrawl from Syria is hopefully a harbinger of good things to come. The military dalliances, weaponized foreign policy, and a militarized USA economy should bring shame upon us all. Take a honest look at the real USA, "War is good business, and business is good." Kelly, Mattis, Pompeo, etc. are all invested in this ignorant policy and only good things can result from them leaving. I only hope that Trump has the savvy to invest War monies in domestic local infrastructure. We are not the World's policeman and what we have been doing is imperialiism and attempted unilateral World control. I didn't vote for that. I didn't see any such proposition posted. Look at Yemen. Look at our scumbag allies Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and similar dictatorial ilk. We are using weaponized currency, banks, tariffs, sanctions, political pressure and collusion to attempt to make Nations buy our products. We used to be the people that sold quality products at fair prices and didn't have to blackmail/coerce Nations to do business with us. I suspect that much of this is related to our fiat currency and National debt and we're attempting to scheme our way out of debt. I hope I'm wrong./

You have articulated many valid points. We, as a nation, have chosen a permanent state of war, and our society has been militarized even if we don't know it.

What happened to the USA that had to be dragged into WW2 kicking and screaming? Every now and then, I listen to Eisenhower's farewell address to the nation, it should be required reading.

Back
Top Bottom