• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roy Clark has passed away

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/11/15/roy-clark-dead-85/1978910002/

According to his publicist, Country Music Hall of Fame member and versatile entertainer Roy Clark died Thursday at his Tulsa, Oklahoma home due to complications from pneumonia. He was 85 years old.

A fleet-fingered instrumentalist best known for his 20-plus years as a "Hee Haw" co-host, the affable Clark was one of country music's most beloved ambassadors.

Clark was a remarkable entertainer and one of the greatest guitar players ever.

I watched Hee-Haw, back when. Always entertaining and Roy Clark was good; didn’t he also play the banjo?
RIP

I watched Hee-Haw, back when. Always entertaining and Roy Clark was good; didn’t he also play the banjo?
RIP

If it had strings he probably played it. To the best of my knowledge he never got around to the harp but now....who know?

:agree: We watched Hee Haw back in the good-old-days, and always heard some great guitar playing going on! :thumbs:

R.I.P. Roy Clark, and thank you! You will be remembered and missed! Condolences to family and friends who loved him. :peace:

Roy, Buck, Minnie Pearl...it was always a good show. Totally corny comedy but always great music.

Roy, Buck, Minnie Pearl...it was always a good show. Totally corny comedy but always great music.

We really enjoyed the "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on me" song just for the laughs! :thumbs:

Roy started by playing Banjo and Mandolin, picking up a guitar during his early 20's to earn more money playing western swing for dance bands. He loved jazz, often including licks he learned by listening to guys like Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Django Reinhardt, Chet Atkins (Mr. Guitar and better known for his country work) and of course, Barney Kessel.

He was a gift to the American audience brought to their attention by TV. Wherever you land, Roy, keep on Pickin'. We'll miss you till we join you, Hee Haw.

Back
Top Bottom