• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rove not to be indicted, but still being investigated

oldreliable67 said:
Absolutely. No one person or group has a monopoly on either greed, the pursuit of power, or corruption.

It's about time you agreed with me! ;)

And in the spirit of equal opportunity ankle-biting...remember the Cisneros scandal during the Clinton admin? Ever wonder what happened to it?

Barrett Report: Democrats have their own scandal brewing at the moment, but they are doing much better in covering it up than their Republican counterparts. At issue is the report by David Barrett, the last remaining U.S. independent counsel. Over ten years, Barrett has spent $21 million on the investigation of former Housing Secretary Henry Cisneros, who lied to FBI investigators about hush money paid to an ex-mistress.

The reason the report and the investigation have taken so long is that allies to Cisneros and the legal team of former President Bill Clinton at the powerhouse Washington law firm of Williams and Connolly have fought its progress in court at every step. Meanwhile, Clinton-sympathetic judges have sealed everything concerned with the case, including Barrett's report.

The report contains shocking allegations of high-level corruption in the Internal Revenue Service and Justice Department under Clinton, which Barrett found as Clinton aides monitored his investigation and sought to derail it in order to cover up the Cisneros matter. A regional IRS official had formulated a new rule enabling him to transfer an investigation of Cisneros to Washington to be buried by the Justice Department. Barrett's investigators found Lee Radek, head of Justice's public integrity division, determined to protect President Bill Clinton.

The rest of the story is here.

oldreliable67 said:
And in the spirit of equal opportunity ankle-biting...remember the Cisneros scandal during the Clinton admin? Ever wonder what happened to it?

The rest of the story is here.

I asked you previously whether you gloat to your wife. Based on this post, I think you do. lol

aps said:
I asked you previously whether you gloat to your wife. Based on this post, I think you do. lol

Hey! Its equal opportunity gloating, too! :lol:

But I still have to sneak out to the garage from time to time!

Back
Top Bottom