• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rouhani clashes with Iranian police over undercover hijab agents

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I respect this guy. But man do I feel for him in having to go up against such a giant wall of religious garbage all the time over there. Looks like he's at least trying to at least.

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's president criticized the use of thousands of undercover morality police in Tehran to report on young women who are not wearing a full Islamic hijab or those who play loud music in their cars.

Asked about the undercover morality police, President Hassan Rouhani said such decisions should not be made by the government and he would keep his promise to preserve citizens' freedom.

"Our first duty is to respect people's dignity and personality. God has bestowed dignity to all human beings and this dignity precedes religion," Rouhani was quoted as saying by the news agency ISNA on Wednesday.

In 2014, he said "you can't send people to heaven by the whip," a comment that brought a reaction from the Supreme Leader.​

I respect this guy. But man do I feel for him in having to go up against such a giant wall of religious garbage all the time over there. Looks like he's at least trying to at least.

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's president criticized the use of thousands of undercover morality police in Tehran to report on young women who are not wearing a full Islamic hijab or those who play loud music in their cars.

Asked about the undercover morality police, President Hassan Rouhani said such decisions should not be made by the government and he would keep his promise to preserve citizens' freedom.

"Our first duty is to respect people's dignity and personality. God has bestowed dignity to all human beings and this dignity precedes religion," Rouhani was quoted as saying by the news agency ISNA on Wednesday.

In 2014, he said "you can't send people to heaven by the whip," a comment that brought a reaction from the Supreme Leader.​

As long as they aren't encouraging law-breaking (e.g. as undercover drug agents are wont to do here), but are only reporting it when they see it, I fully support the efforts of the police to curb social degeneracy and unlawfully immodest dress.

I respect this guy. .....
In 2014, he said "you can't send people to heaven by the whip," a comment that brought a reaction from the Supreme Leader.[/INDENT]

Oh. He is quite daring in his way, though, the killing is less among the leaders than it usually is in autocracies. But the sentence is interesting. Christians actually do believe that tortured to death -say by whipping- as a martyr you do go to heaven. ;)

I feel bad for anyone that has to clash with theocrats.

They report on girls playing illegal music and liberals destroy bakers that don't bake wedding cakes.

As long as they aren't encouraging law-breaking (e.g. as undercover drug agents are wont to do here), but are only reporting it when they see it, I fully support the efforts of the police to curb social degeneracy and unlawfully immodest dress.

Seems like this place or better yet, Saudi Arabia would be a great move for religious oppressors. They seem like your kindred spirit with these morality police if you actually believe what you just posted.

Seems like this place or better yet, Saudi Arabia would be a great move for religious oppressors. They seem like your kindred spirit with these morality police if you actually believe what you just posted.

They are my kindred spirits, in a sense. But I am an American, which means that I have all sorts of connections to this country, so I'm not going to move.

And, of course, there's the religious issue. I am a Catholic but these countries adhere to the false religion of Islam.

They are my kindred spirits, in a sense. But I am an American, which means that I have all sorts of connections to this country, so I'm not going to move.

And, of course, there's the religious issue. I am a Catholic but these countries adhere to the false religion of Islam.
More Al-taqiyya.

More Al-taqiyya.

As a Catholic, I disagree with the Islamic teaching on lying, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the present article. As far as I'm aware, these officers don't make use of lying.

Back
Top Bottom