• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rough em' Up

Your hatred of Einstein's definition of insanity is duly noted.

Your delusions about any hatred of that duly noted, as is your inability to respond in a relevant manner.

Why do you hate the rule of law?

Obama Says “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

Obama Says "Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face"

Does your patella ever scream out in pain when that little rubber hammer hits it and you give the usual knee jerk response of the right wing?

Your delusions about any hatred of that duly noted, as is your inability to respond in a relevant manner.

If you were quicker of mind you would see that my response addressed the problem with the rule of law.

But you're more of a snarker than a thinker, it appears.

Does your patella ever scream out in pain when that little rubber hammer hits it and you give the usual knee jerk response of the right wing?

You know the hammer doesn't actually hit the patella, right?

The snarks of both left and right wings are so amusing.

:mrgreen:

If you were quicker of mind you would see that my response addressed the problem with the rule of law.

No, not to any rational adult it didn't.
But you're more of a snarker than a thinker, it appears.

Lulz. You wouldn't know, in any case. I love irony.

You know the hammer doesn't actually hit the patella, right?

The snarks of both left and right wings are so amusing.

:mrgreen:

WOW!!!! :doh But that went right over your head!!!! :roll:

Oh I know what a dumbass he can be and I can cite you examples.
I also know that allowing a perp to bump his own head was the example of what he meant.
That is all we have to go on... and it wasn't brutality ... right?
Making something out of it more than that is explained in my sig.

pandering is still pandering

As I wrote, rational and intellectually sound people understand and appreciate what the President was saying.

There in an implication there. See if you can figure it out.

Intellectually sound people understand that people who are arrested are SUSPECTS who have a right to DUE PROCESS.

A test of your rationality:

1. Are people taken into custody guilty?
2. Does it make sense to brutalized suspects BEFORE their trial?
3. Does it ever make sense to brutalize suspects?

Now it's time for you to reflect deeply on why you rare not rational or intellectually honest.

Here is a link to a transcript of the President's speech we are discussing here.

Please show me where he said in that speech where he would pay people's legal fees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/07/28/trumps-speech-encouraging-police-to-be-rough-annotated/?utm_term=.28915bd9ddeb

I was referring to the campaign speech where he told attendees he'd pay their legal fees for roughing up protesters.

So it demonstrates his attitude toward people he doesn't approve of. That violence against them is appropriate.

So it is logical that he meant "be violent" in this latest speech.

Yes, I am saying only the triggered accept these snippets and run with them.

Did you take the time to listen to, or perhaps read a transcript of the entire speech the President made?

For example, a little bit before he made the comment about hands on heads and putting people in the back of paddy wagons, he said this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/07/28/trumps-speech-encouraging-police-to-be-rough-annotated/?utm_term=.28915bd9ddeb

One by one, we’re liberating our American towns. Can you believe that I’m saying that? I’m talking about liberating our towns. This is like I’d see in a movie: They’re liberating the town, like in the old Wild West, right? We’re liberating our towns. I never thought I’d be standing up here talking about liberating the towns on Long Island where I grew up, but that’s what you’re doing.​

But I have to say, one by one, we are indeed freeing up these great American towns and cities that are under siege from gang violence.

Look at Los Angeles. Look at what’s going on in Los Angeles. Look at Chicago. What is going on? Is anybody here from Chicago? We have to send some of you to Chicago, I think. (Laughter.) What’s going on?

I mean, you see what’s happening there? There’s no — do we agree? Is there something maybe — (applause) — is there something — I have to tell you one Chicago story.

So Chicago is having this unbelievable violence; people being killed — four, five, six in a weekend. And I’m saying, what is going on?​

But this one guy was impressive. He was a rough cookie and really respected guy. I could see he was respected. And he said, “All right, come on, get over here. Get over here. He’s got to get to work. Get over here.” And I said, “So let me tell — you’re from Chicago?” “Yes, sir.” I said, “What the hell is going on?” And he said, “It’s a problem; it can be straightened out.” I said, “How long would it take you to straighten out this problem?” He said, “If you gave me the authority, a couple of days.” (Laughter.) I really mean it. I said, “You really think so?” He said, “A couple of days. We know all the bad ones. We know them all.” And he said, the officers — you guys, you know all the bad ones in your area. You know them by their names. He said, “We know them all. A couple of days.”

I said, “You got to be kidding.” Now, this is a year and a half ago. I said, “Give me your card.” And he gave me a card. And I sent it to the mayor. I said, “You ought to try using this guy.” (Laughter.)

Guess what happened? Never heard. And last week they had another record. It’s horrible.​

But the masters on the left only want their followers to hear the trigger:

Now, we’re getting them out anyway, but we’d like to get them out a lot faster. And when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon — you just see them thrown in, rough — I said, please don’t be too nice. (Laughter.) Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over? Like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody — don’t hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay? (Laughter and applause.)​

Context does not exist on the left......

Sorry.

I disagree. Sounds exactly like condoning brutality.

In a country that is proud of "innocent until proven guilty".

In context.

Preceded by gleeful disregard of due process.

So then not holding their heads is not brutality.
That's a good start ... and it's the end too, really.
Anything beyond that is what you believe was implied but not actually said.
There's no way for you to know that.

I know y'all just accept everything he says even when he directly contradicts earlier statements.

I can read. And he's openly condoned violence before.

So ima go with reading comprehension and past behavior.

Police groups agree with me to the point they made statements rejecting what he said.

More fake news this is so dam ridiculous . Get over the election !

Quoting Trump and then quoting the police disagreeing with Trump is "fake news"?

I suppose he really did read his base well. They'll call reality "fake news" at command. SAD!

Trump's comments are in keeping with his other comments he has made about torture.

It appeals to the common man with a low IQ. They don't see why torture and brutality are things we don't government doing. They don't see that one day government may start torturing and brutalizing them. They don't see the dangers of treating suspects as if they are presumed guilty. One day they may become suspects and be brutalized or tortured.

But Trump loves he uneducated.

Then translate it to us. What was the president ACTUALLY saying there?
C'mon man, you gotta think like a Trumpette. LOL!

'You always want to go with what’s come out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart' - Senior lackey Kellyanne Conjob

Trump's comments are in keeping with his other comments he has made about torture.

It appeals to the common man with a low IQ. They don't see why torture and brutality are things we don't government doing. They don't see that one day government may start torturing and brutalizing them. They don't see the dangers of treating suspects as if they are presumed guilty. One day they may become suspects and be brutalized or tortured.

But Trump loves he uneducated.

treating suspects as if they are presumed guilty?

EVERYONE is presumed guilty the presumed innocent is a myth.....there are 1000s sitting in Jail right not convicted of anything

treating suspects as if they are presumed guilty?

EVERYONE is presumed guilty the presumed innocent is a myth.....there are 1000s sitting in Jail right not convicted of anything

These suspects are in jail awaiting trial. They got a hearing and were either denied bail or failed to pay bail.

How does any of that excuse the idea that Trump promoted of brutalizing SUSPECTS?

Are people who are arrested suspects or not? What are you arguing?

Look, take a deep breath. People who are arrested are suspects. They shouldn't be brutalized. What Trump said was wrong. Even he police put out a statement disavowing his statement. If you defend Trump even when he's obviously in the wrong, what credibility do you have? Are you brainwashed? No? Then prove it.

Quoting Trump and then quoting the police disagreeing with Trump is "fake news"?

I suppose he really did read his base well. They'll call reality "fake news" at command. SAD!

YES , it is to the mind of the Trumpikins who can only accept slavish adoration of the mad wanna-be king.

Perhaps the voters will finally see the kind of people that politicians like Donald Trump and Rodrigo Duterte really are and then rough them up at the ballot box. Better still, expose their crimes, prosecute them and let them experience the enhanced criminal and penal reforms they so blythely recommend first hand. Hell, Trump is so popular he could make orange the new orange and a thug like Duterte should never see the light of day again.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

They're gang bangers.

Kick their ignorant asses.

And laugh as they get deported.

(If they have a damned good ass-kicking to reflect upon......maybe they won't be as likely to try to sneak back in.)

:lamo

They're gang bangers.

Kick their ignorant asses.

And laugh as they get deported.

(If they have a damned good ass-kicking to reflect upon......maybe they won't be as likely to try to sneak back in.)

:lamo

Your hated of the rule of law duly noted.

Perhaps the voters will finally see the kind of people that politicians like Donald Trump and Rodrigo Duterte really are and then rough them up at the ballot box. Better still, expose their crimes, prosecute them and let them experience the enhanced criminal and penal reforms they so blythely recommend first hand. Hell, Trump is so popular he could make orange the new orange and a thug like Duterte should never see the light of day again.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

I doubt it. Duterte is still very popular despite being an utter disgrace. He has even incarcerated his political rival. I guess Trump wants an attorney general who will do the same with Hillary.

Looks like almost every police department is slamming Trump's idiotic comments

A day after President Donald Trump told America's law enforcement officers not to be "too nice" to suspected criminals, the head of the nation's largest police force slammed the remarks as "irresponsible" and "unprofessional."

James O'Neill, the police commissioner of the New York Police Department, stressed Saturday that there are policies and procedures in place that limit the use of force "under any circumstance."

"To suggest that police officers apply any standard in the use of force other than what is reasonable and necessary is irresponsible, unprofessional and sends the wrong message to law enforcement as well as the public," O'Neill said in a statement.

NYPD Calls Trump'''s Police Quip About Use of Force '''Irresponsible''' - NBC News

Back
Top Bottom